Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Things That Make You Go CRINGE

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Actually, McIntyre is very funny but realise you have probably lost all your sense of humour, what with being in Sheffield and all that.

I find him very funny, tho he did once make me (and probably a few other NSC longtimers also) genuinely cringe. He was doing a semi-secret warm-up gig at Komedia, we all got really cheap tickets - think they were a tenner or something - and he was really genuinely funny. All good. Tho after about 30 minutes he suddenly went into thank-you-all-for-coming-youve-been-wunnerful mode and prepared to make his exit. Whereupon some pissed-up girl down the front loudly squawked out 'wot is that all you doing?' to mighty general amusement. Which left MM's flabber well and truly gasted and his floppy fringe all a-quiver. His jaw dropped open at the sheer impertinence! :lolol:

To be fair though, once he'd got over the initial shock, he did come back on and do another 20 minutes :lol:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I find him very funny, tho he did once make me (and probably a few other NSC longtimers also) genuinely cringe. He was doing a semi-secret warm-up gig at Komedia, we all got really cheap tickets - think they were a tenner or something - and he was really genuinely funny. All good. Tho after about 30 minutes he suddenly went into thank-you-all-for-coming-youve-been-wunnerful mode and prepared to make his exit. Whereupon some pissed-up girl down the front loudly squawked out 'wot is that all you doing?' to mighty general amusement. Which left MM's flabber well and truly gasted and his floppy fringe all a-quiver. His jaw dropped open at the sheer impertinence! :lolol:

To be fair though, once he'd got over the initial shock, he did come back on and do another 20 minutes :lol:

He's a funny man. Not my favourite comedian by a long shot but he is amusing.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Actually, McIntyre is very funny but realise you have probably lost all your sense of humour, what with being in Sheffield and all that.

He's just about the worst comic in Britain.
Unfunny. Chuckles to himself. Punchable face.
The two reasons he's got so famous are: 1) Excellent PR 2) Is inoffensive, so appeals specifically to middle-aged women.

If you rate Michael McIntyre, I assume you've never before seen another comedian.

It's like claiming you enjoy the music of Bruno Mars.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

The two reasons he's got so famous are: 1) Excellent PR 2) Is inoffensive, so appeals specifically to middle-aged women.

If you rate Michael McIntyre, I assume you've never before seen another comedian.

I went to the Komedia gig - couldn't breathe for laughing. I enjoy comedy gigs, so yes, I've seen many other comedians live.

The anti McIntyre brigade are pretty boring now on NSC. It's all subjective - worst I saw was Micky Flanagan. But plenty of others on here think he's funny. Don't understand why the neg ferrets have to blast the board every time McIntyre gets a mention.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Have you ever seen him live? He's good. He's a funny guy. I will watch his stuff (not that godawful chat show thing he does though). And you know what? I have also seen and like other comics, Stewart Lee, Daniel Kitson, Steve Edge, Micky Flanagan (Much funnier than on tv) and on and on.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I assume that's a joke.
I'd rather contract herpes.

To be honest, it's people that have a strong opinion on someone like McIntyre that show themselves as having no sense of humour.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
To be honest, it's people that have a strong opinion on someone like McIntyre that show themselves as having no sense of humour.

I think this needs a public poll :smile: Go on The Clamp, you know you want to! I reckon more dislike him on here than like him though.

I find McIntyre amusing personally

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Balding blokes with some form of pony or rats tail at the back.

Occaasionally on TV they might be interviewing a middle-aged male professor/lecturer in engineering or astrophysics, apparently balding, who turn round to reveal a rats tail hairstyle down their back. Very distracting. Very yuck.

Personally I would open that up to all ponytails.

I did a thread years back on this, and no one was able to come up with a single good example of a ponytail IMPROVING a man's look. It's never happened, ever. A good looking man can just about get away with it. Otherwise, it always looks shit.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
*cautiously raises hand*

....I.....I quite like McIntyre. Some of his observational humour is very decent. But then I like Lee Evans as well, so I appreciated my opinions on standup comics are null and void.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
People walking around offices with those poncy headsets / mikes - you're in an office not effing MacDonalds

I have to admit that I've just been given a new REALLY poncy bluetooth headset at work, and it is incredible. It is actually also doubles up as a) excellent headphones for music/podcasts, and also successfully drowns out all of the other background noise in the office. A great relief to be able to escape the herd of bellends whilst pretending to be listening in on a conference call.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here