Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leaving early

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I

I would find watching TV on a draughty concourse as 45 minutes wasted. Thb. Not the end of the world but why would I want to spend time doing that when I could be almost home by joing the p and r queues on 85 minutes?

Because nothing in the world is more enjoyable than downing pint after pint of Harvey's, whilst standing in a cold concourse.

Anyone who doesn't join in, is a lightweight and sissy for wanting to spend time at home.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Unfortunately I do have to leave early on Sunday, as son #2 has training at the County Ground to get to....hate doing it, but got to be done.
We dont leave early from games normally but, I've said it before, I honestly dont care if others want to...as long as they dont stop at the exits, & block peoples views because something is happening on the pitch. If you've chosen to go, go. If you want to watch the action - stay in your seat!

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
I normally move down to the front of the North for extra time, then leave when the whistle goes. Brisk walk, sometimes a run, and I'll be on the first train to Lewes.

Sure that's enough to wind some people up. But what perplexes me is that when you get to Lewes, there are a lot of people already there in Albion merchandise. How early have you left to gain no time?

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Unfortunately I do have to leave early on Sunday, as son #2 has training at the County Ground to get to....hate doing it, but got to be done.
We dont leave early from games normally but, I've said it before, I honestly dont care if others want to...as long as they dont stop at the exits, & block peoples views because something is happening on the pitch. If you've chosen to go, go. If you want to watch the action - stay in your seat!

Yes. Each to their own; some want/have to leave early and others applaud the team off, as i tend to do most of the time. But I do also find it irritating when some folk leave and then stop to watch when the crowd roar, as I sit near the stairs in ESU, and it blocks the view of those who remain. I am sure that it is instinctive and not a wish to spoil other's fun, but still annoys me!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Yes. Each to their own; some want/have to leave early and others applaud the team off, as i tend to do most of the time. But I do also find it irritating when some folk leave and then stop to watch when the crowd roar, as I sit near the stairs in ESU, and it blocks the view of those who remain. I am sure that it is instinctive and not a wish to spoil other's fun, but still annoys me!

Yes, this is incredibly annoying. If you're going too leave, then leave. Don't hang around the exit blocking our view! :censored:

And at half time, or rather on 40 minutes, the people who chose to spring up just after several minutes of Swansea pressure and when we break away and almost score. What is wrong with these people?

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
I get some people have reasons for being away early but this is a load of bollocks, that ground emptied today when Leicester scored on 83 mins and had naff all to do with family and Saturday night plans!!!

Ok... but people are entitled to leave whenever they want to for whatever reason....aren`t they ?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Bored of these people now.

Don't care how far you've come, or what you have to do next, if you're that disinterested in the outcome of the game, then why come at all?

It's a psychologist's dream thesis.

theboybilly

You obviously dont have a family and dont have plans for Saturday evening

I may be old fashioned but I would organise things around the game. What real difference does 10 minutes make? If it's that crucial you wouldn't chance it and attend would you? It was embarassing the amount of people who got up, put their coats on and scuttled off when Leicester went 1-0 up. Seriously - it was embarassing.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I may be old fashioned but I would organise things around the game. What real difference does 10 minutes make? If it's that crucial you wouldn't chance it and attend would you? It was embarassing the amount of people who got up, put their coats on and scuttled off when Leicester went 1-0 up. Seriously - it was embarassing.

I'm glad the bloke in front of me walked out when Leicester scored. He'd already had to apologise to the woman in front of him, for kicking her seat hard. He was a pain in the neck for most of the game, so we were glad to see the back of him.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I did wonder today about people pissing off after 83 minutes. I mean how would you have felt if you missed a dramatic equaliser ( yes Bong) oh well each to their own I suppose. I left when Vardy netted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here