Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Holland Vs England - ITV

half time scores

Mar 19, 2012
Lounging-on-the-chintz
Why do ITV insist on calling them Holland? Isn't it the equivalent of calling England Yorkshire?

Well kind off.

The official name of the country is the Kingdom of the Netherlands. King Willem-Alexander is the king of the nation. Holland actually only means the two provinces of Noord-Holland and Zuid-Holland. However, the name Holland is often used when all of the Netherlands is meant.
A brief history of the Netherlands and Holland
Between 1588 and 1795, the area currently representing the Netherlands was the Republic of Seven United Netherlands. The republic was conquered by French troops in 1795 and became the Batavian Republic. Napoleon appointed his brother Louis as king in 1806, turning the country into a kingdom. The Netherlands remained a kingdom after Napoleon’s defeat. At that time, the area called “Holland” made the biggest contribution to the entire nation’s economy and wealth. As such it became the commonly used name to indicate the entire country.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Problems with the TV signal in Shoreham. Is it my aerial or problems elsewhere?

Lucky you. This us tedious...just turning over to Scotland Costa Rica.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
In other news, Scotland are losing at home to Costa Rica

Hahahahhahahahahahahahhaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahha

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
:lol:

EABEBD32-596F-44CA-B728-3EA6D29355ED.jpeg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Sterling and Rashford can play. As for the rest, it's the usual sideways passing. The ITV commentary sounds like one of those conference commentaries, where they are always bigging up bang average players. Still anything with Quincy Promise in it has to be worth watching.....very much so. In a very real sense. Early doors. On the back foot. New formation. It's a shame about the change of play. Should 'of' been a corner. Throw in to England. God, I'm bored. Henderson. Throw in to England. It's your one v one's you've got to look at. Trying to pick their way carefully through the minefield of the midfield. A little overanxious to capitalise, there. No doubting Mephis Dupuy's technical ability. Got the freedom to go inside and play. England get the decison. And.....a minute of silence. It's a bold effort from range. That's where you want Rashford on the last defender. That's when you can turn them round. Don't go up and defend when Holland are attacking. Quite something, 24 years of age.

I have had enough of this. Really, I have :facepalm:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
England looking comfortable and composed just a mattrer fo time before we score. This will happen once we sort out the balls in to the final 1/3rd. and the strikers.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
In other news, Scotland are losing at home to Costa Rica

Hahahahhahahahahahahahhaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahha

It is an experimental team, though.

test tubes.jpg

And what do you expect with only nine of them?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Problems with the TV signal in Shoreham. Is it my aerial or problems elsewhere?

lucky you.... No problems in Worthing other than having to sit through it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here