Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Ryan 6 - didn’t really do much wrong. Had little to do against a poor side
Bruno 4 - sadly, he looks past it at this level
Duffy 4 - woeful distribution. Looked like he’d given up towards the end
Dunk 5 - the best of the back four
Bong 4 - allowed Dawson to completely bully him for the goal
Knockaert 2 - worst performance in a Brighton shirt. Looked disinterested and close to tears from start to finish
Stephens 6 - one of our better performers. Released izquierdo early and at least he had a shot, even if it was off target
Pröpper 3 - bullied by Dawson for the first goal. What does he offer? Kayal should have started
Izquierdo 6 - not really sure why he went off
Groß 5 - largely anonymous
Murray 6 - at least he gives a shit. It must be hard up there on your own with no one within twenty yards of you

Subs

March 6 - started slowly but grew into the game and played Always looked to beat his man
Baldock 6 - so you introduce a bit of pace and guess what, we create our best chance, that was wasted by AK. Proved he deserved to start, but we don’t attack sides, so what would be the point
Kayal 6 - added some much needed forward momentum

Manager 1 - an entirely predictable selection, an entirely predictable performance. Nothing has changed with our corners. Don’t be under any illusions, West Brom were very poor. They were there for the taking, if we had had any balls. One positive Chris, you actually made two ever so slightly attacking substitutions in Baldock and Kayal. Too little too late of course, but they were actually positive. Anyway, I have a ticket for Southampton away, but that’s it for me. Another expensive day out that culminated in dire, unexpansive, unadventurous and negative football.

Last edited:

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
Pröpper 3 - bullied by Dawson for the first goal. What does he offer? Kayal should have started

We made Dawson look like Kyle Walker, he bombed down that right hand side like a winger and was a huge handful for us. Absolutely embarrassing

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Bottom line with today. They wanted it more than we did. Worst game Knockeart has played for us. 2 by the OP is more than generous.
Why was Izquierdo taken off at half time if Knocky had a rating of 2. Was he injured? Or playing even worse.

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
Ryan 6 - didn’t really do much wrong. Had little to do against a poor side
Bruno 4 - sadly, he looks past it at this level
Duffy 4 - woeful distribution. Looked like he’d given up towards the end
Dunk 5 - the best of the back four
Knockaert 2 - worst performance in a Brighton shirt. Looked disinterested and close to tears from start to finish
Stephens 6 - one of our better performers. Released izquierdo early and at least he had a shot, even if it was off target
Izquierdo 6 - not really sure why he went off
Groß 5 - largely anonymous
Murray 6 - at least he gives a shit. It must be hard up there on your own with no one within twenty yards of you

Subs

March 6 - started slowly but grew into the game and played Always looked to beat his man
Baldock 6 - so you introduce a bit of pace and guess what, we create our best chance, that was wasted by AK. Proved he deserved to start, but we don’t attack sides, so what would be the point
Kayal 6 - added some much needed forward momentum

Manager 1 - an entirely predictable selection, an entirely predictable performance. Nothing has changed with our corners. Don’t be under any illusions, West Brom were very poor. They were there for the taking, if we had had any balls. One positive Chris, you actually made two ever so slightly attacking substitutions in Baldock and Kayal. Too little too late of course, but they were actually positive. Anyway, I have a ticket for Southampton away, but that’s it for me. Another expensive day out that culminated in dire, unexpansive, unadventurous and negative football.

These - spot on throughout.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Can't be bothered to rate all but Stephens was our best starting player, Knockaert was awful and the shot he blazed over says a lot about his confidence in front of goal, Solly was excellent when he came on. Baldock offered something today too, looked lively, i hope he starts next week if we haven't signed anyone else.

sagaman

Dec 25, 2005
Brighton
Mirror Ratings

WBA: Foster 7, Dawson 8 (Nyom 81, 6), Hegazi 7, Evans 8 (McAuley 84, 6), Gibbs 7, Phillips 7, Barry 8, Krychowiak 7, Brunt 7, Rondon 7, MOTM Rodriguez 8 (Livermore 79, 6)

Brighton: Ryan 6, Bruno 6, Duffy 6, Dunk 6, Bong 6, Stephens 8, Propper 6 (Kayal 76, 6), Knockaert 6, Gross 6 (Baldock 78, 6), Izquierdo 4 (March 45,6), Murray 6

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Ryan 5
Bruno 4
Dunk 5
Duffy 4
Bong 4

Knockaert 2
Propper 4
(Kayal 76min, 5)
Stephens 5
Izquierdo 5
(March H-T, 5)
Gross 5

(Baldock 66min, 5)
Murray 5

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Ryan 4

Bruno 4
Dunk 3
Duffy 3
Bong 4

Knockaert 1 - Sulky, petulant, underperforming, need I go on?
Stephens 4
Propper 4
Izquierdo 6

Groß 4
Murray 5

March 5
Baldock 5
Kayal 5

Beardie

Oct 25, 2009
Ryan 5
Bruno 4
Dunk 5
Duffy 5
Bong 4
Stevens 6
Propper 5
Knockheart 1
Izquierdo 5
Gross 4
Murray 7

March 4
Baldock 7
Kayal 5

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Why was Izquierdo taken off at half time if Knocky had a rating of 2. Was he injured? Or playing even worse.

Mystery to me. Whilst izqueirdo hardly set the world alight he wasn't one of the worst in the 1st half and was a damn site better than Knockeart. It didn't look like a happy camp yesterday. I was right behind Ryan's goal and he was throwing some right strops without the usual back slapping and bromance that is around our defence at its best.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Ryan 6 - the issue at corners is becoming a real thing now and he has to be viewed in light of that. But actually, those goals aside he made some very good saves and was good with the ball at his feet.
Bruno 6 - a fairly average game to be honest. An issue when defending set pieces and the link up with Knockaert was non- existent really, but Brunt didn’t cause many problems from open play.
Duffy 2 - he won a fair bit in the air, but not when it really mattered. He gave the ball away regularly and Rondon, a striker who looked totally lacking in confidence at the start of the game, was allowed to dominate him with relative ease. Poor and I’m not entirely sure how he’s keeping his place at the moment.
Dunk 5 - better than his partner but still a poorer game by his standards.
Bong 3 - everything came down his side, particularly in the first half and, as usual, he was poor on the ball. Not quite sure why he started ahead of Suttner.
Knockaert 2 - needs time away from the team. An absolute shadow of the player we saw last year.
Stephens 5 - gave the ball away fairly regularly and found it tough against their midfield.
Propper 4 - similar to Stephens but overwhelmed even more it seemed to me.
Izquierdo 7 - our only real threat in his time on the pitch. Why he came off is beyond me.
Gross 5 - the worst game I’ve seen him play but he was still relatively effective first half. Pushed to the periphery after their second and rightly came off.
Murray 6 - I feel for the guy. A tough afternoon with no service and relatively little support.

March 4 - why he came on is anyone’s guess, but it didn’t have the desired effect.
Kayal 5 - worked hard and gave us some bite in midfield, but the game was lost by then.
Baldock 5 - decent movement but no real service and the game was gone by the time he came on.

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
Mystery to me. Whilst izqueirdo hardly set the world alight he wasn't one of the worst in the 1st half and was a damn site better than Knockeart. It didn't look like a happy camp yesterday. I was right behind Ryan's goal and he was throwing some right strops without the usual back slapping and bromance that is around our defence at its best.

Ryan has a thankless task at the moment, what with the amount of static set piece defending and people not even bothering to watch the ball and track the set piece taker. Bruno seems more content to have a WWE match with the man he is marking, Duffy's aerial ability has gone backwards massively in recent weeks and his passing is nigh on atrocious.

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
Ryan 6 - the issue at corners is becoming a real thing now and he has to be viewed in light of that. But actually, those goals aside he made some very good saves and was good with the ball at his feet.
Bruno 6 - a fairly average game to be honest. An issue when defending set pieces and the link up with Knockaert was non- existent really, but Brunt didn’t cause many problems from open play.
Duffy 2 - he won a fair bit in the air, but not when it really mattered. He gave the ball away regularly and Rondon, a striker who looked totally lacking in confidence at the start of the game, was allowed to dominate him with relative ease. Poor and I’m not entirely sure how he’s keeping his place at the moment.
Dunk 5 - better than his partner but still a poorer game by his standards.
Bong 3 - everything came down his side, particularly in the first half and, as usual, he was poor on the ball. Not quite sure why he started ahead of Suttner.
Knockaert 2 - needs time away from the team. An absolute shadow of the player we saw last year.
Stephens 5 - gave the ball away fairly regularly and found it tough against their midfield.
Propper 4 - similar to Stephens but overwhelmed even more it seemed to me.
Izquierdo 7 - our only real threat in his time on the pitch. Why he came off is beyond me.
Gross 5 - the worst game I’ve seen him play but he was still relatively effective first half. Pushed to the periphery after their second and rightly came off.
Murray 6 - I feel for the guy. A tough afternoon with no service and relatively little support.

March 4 - why he came on is anyone’s guess, but it didn’t have the desired effect.
Kayal 5 - worked hard and gave us some bite in midfield, but the game was lost by then.
Baldock 5 - decent movement but no real service and the game was gone by the time he came on.

A very funny review of players performance! I especially like your 7 for Izquierdo!

Sent from my Zxt 203 Dci

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Ryan 5
Bruno 4
Dunk 5
Duffy 4
Bong 4

Knockaert 2
Propper 4
(Kayal 76min, 5)
Stephens 5
Izquierdo 5
(March H-T, 5)
Gross 5

(Baldock 66min, 5)
Murray 5
More or less this. May have given Baldock a 6 but that would make him MoM and that can’t be right

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Stephens was our best player today. He gave the ball away a few times in the second half but by then the players were having to play more expansive football to try to get back into the game. More risk is bound to result in more misplaced passes. It’s also of note that he probably has more touches of the ball than any other in the team each game. Watch him closely, he places himself in space and makes himself available for the ball far more than Davy Propper does. There were some poor performances today, but Dales’s wasn’t one of them.

He gave the ball away 3 times in the build up to their goal and put us on the back foot from the start. Then every player followed like it was contagious.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here