Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] @Bozza - Dodgy ad

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
So sorry about this - I've reported it to the ad partner for blocking.

I might have to move ad partners again as this is not good enough.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Have had this sort of thing occasionally on my Android phone before but as of today NSC has become unusable. [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
TBF it's not just affecting NSC, the Argus website and those of all regional newspapers have this problem too at present. If you swap browsers it may rectify the problem, seems to affect Safari worse than others at present.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Please post any links that you are being redirected to on here as NSC's ad partner will pick those up and get them blocked ASAP.

I'm told every one posted to date over the last 24 hours has now been blocked.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
TBF it's not just affecting NSC, the Argus website and those of all regional newspapers have this problem too at present. If you swap browsers it may rectify the problem, seems to affect Safari worse than others at present.

I can't use Nsc on my IPad at all now. This is the home pc using Chrome.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Using Chrome, as above, I have found myself reading a thread, and then suddenly being taken to the bottom of the Nsc page, to a banner ad. It's happened three times in the last hour.

There are two PPI adverts underneath the banner ad, a Simply Cook and Adidas trainers. I thought PPI ads were not welcome on Nsc?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
No problems at all using Opera with free VPN.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
A couple of times over the last 48 hours I've been redirected to that bloody thing telling me I've won an ipad. This is on my iphone and logged in.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 114

Jakeg

Feb 7, 2016
Hi,
The last couple of days, this advert has been popping up every 3/4 clicks I make on this website and can’t seem to get back on to nsc when it comes up again by simply pressing the ‘back’ button instead have to search back through google, I don’t know if other have had it so could be a fault with my phone, this is from and iPhone whilst being logged in.
URL for pop up- https://eu.bestgiftthbirthdaygirlit...ound}200 Gift Card&trackid=20181201235834913#

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here