Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The other Dick Head at it again!

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
The other thing we need to stamp out is these PL managers who have never played at the highest level.

How can we expect seasoned international footballers to listen to the ramblings of some prick whose playing CV is embarrassing or non existent. They may as well employ me as a manager as I've played Football Manager on my phone.

I mean what the hell do Arsene Wenger, Jose Mourinho and the rest of these imposters know about football? It's a disgrace!

I'm sorry are you saying you don't want Chris as our manager?
He never played at the highest level. I believe since football began he only had one season as a pro in the second tier with Brentford.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
I think your two main points, that a woman's view about men's football has no validity (indeed that the only view about men's football that has any validity is the view of a former male player), and that referring to Redknapp as 'Arry is mocking the working class, are ludicrous. You are confusing your personal prejudices (we all have them, as I acknowledge elsewhere) with a reasoned and justifiable position. You sound like Alf Garnett, justifying (as he did in Till Death us Do Part) why women and black people should not be found in a man's workplace. Is that enough elaboration for you?

Thanks for elaborating. Fair enough to disagree about my point that a woman's view of the game has no validity and 'arry' as well, it is a debating forum after all. I sound nothing like Alf Garnett and again you are resorting to insults because I don't hold the 'correct' point of views on things. Always the way with the liberal elite, disagree and get the label 'racist' 'sexist' etc.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Thanks for elaborating. Fair enough to disagree about my point that a woman's view of the game has no validity and 'arry' as well, it is a debating forum after all. I sound nothing like Alf Garnett and again you are resorting to insults because I don't hold the 'correct' point of views on things. Always the way with the liberal elite, disagree and get the label 'racist' 'sexist' etc.

No worries.

Note I don't mean you literally sound like Alf Garnett, with his byegone diction and fondness for racial epithet. I meant his notion that women should be excluded from certain jobs. You're welcome to that opinion, but you will forgive me for commenting that I find it a bit weird in this day and age. And there is no need to take it as an insult to be compared with Alf Garnett if you agree with his 'views', shirley? :cheers:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
You are not doing yourself any favours. You’ve not addressed one of the points I’ve raised, instead you’ve resorted to your favourite tactic on here when anyone dares disagree with you………insults. I’m not the only one to point this out before about resorting to insults if someone dares to disagree with you.
So gibberish eh? Would you care to specify what part of my post is ‘gibberish’ please? Likewise ‘meaningless.’ Also would you care to elaborate on what part of it is ‘embarrassing’. Much obliged.

An ‘appalling misogynist’ eh? So the definition of ‘misogyny’ is ‘having a hatred of women’ so how do you equate me saying Alex Scott’s opinions on the men’s game have no ‘validity’ as she’s never played it at that level as me having a hatred of women? How does me saying women’s football is a ‘low quality minority sport’ make me a women hater? I’m expressing an opinion on the quality of the women’s game and the suitability of having women pundits I’m not saying I hate women. For the record I love women and Alex Scott would be welcome at my place anytime.

Why have you not addressed the point I made about you referring to Harry Redknapp as ‘arry’ . No doubt you are a Labour voter and all for the ‘working classes’ so why mock someone because of how they speak because they were born in a particular region, a traditional working class region? Would you mock a ‘roar’ guest if they spoke with a cockney accent? Would you call Hope Powell ‘ope’?

The ‘real world’ You wouldn’t know the real world if it smashed you in the gob you live in a hermetically sealed trendy liberal world which is why you mock someone who speaks with a cockney accent and resort to personal insults if someone dares to express an opinion that doesn’t chime in with your own one.

I think it's called moving with the times.
With female pundits on FF, BT and Sky Sports Centre, they may not have all the knowledge of their male counterparts, but by giving their opinion, it gives any of the female audience, to the shows, an insight and an understanding through a ladies pundits eyes.
It's good for the future of womans football IMO

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
I think it's called moving with the times.
With female pundits on FF, BT and Sky Sports Centre, they may not have all the knowledge of their male counterparts, but by giving their opinion, it gives any of the female audience, to the shows, an insight and an understanding through a ladies pundits eyes.
It's good for the future of womans football IMO

Indeed. So funny that the large one fails to address any of the points i've made!!

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
I'd like to know how much Alex Scott got paid for that night's work compared to Redknapp and Carragher.

On the one hand if they are doing the same job they should be on equal pay. On the other hand, if the value of Redknapp's contribution is deemed to be higher than Scott's then why are Sky foisting a reduced quality viewing product on me by having Scott rather than, say, Souness or Gary Neville?

I DO NOT CARE HOW MUCH SHE IS PAID,its just I have no wish to listen to females rather than ex players, I waist time checking out news items which refer to the Albion or Man U,by all means put them in a separate section clearly marked

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
You've got a point.

But you will get slaughtered for airing that view on here by the snowflakes though.

This thread is surprisingly quiet. Maybe because a lot of people agree with it, and can't be arsed to be talked down to from the usual suspects.

If I watch a sport, I want the pundits to have experience of what they are talking about by playing at the highest level. Women's football is not a high level.

In this equal world we live in, why do we even have mens and womans football. Should it not just be football?

What's next, some little darling will complain there are no women's managers in the men's game.

Good for you!!!! Lets have a separate womens program/news item then we can return to real football

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I have to say that I found the woman on Final Score on BBC last night ****ing irritating, not because she was a woman but more to do with the semi hysterical shouty way she covered every game. There are plenty of women who cover sport well, Gabby Logan for example but why the need to get shouty screeching women, are they told that this is the way to cover football? Show lots of passion?

No...they’ve probably been told to copy the hysterical gibberish from the ‘lads’ Merson, Thompson, Stelling and crew on Gillette Soccer Special, so blame them if anyone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here