Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Well I had the interesting situation of Sir Julian taking the lead to slow the pace down this morning. It felt most odd.

I also must have overdone the pre ride hydration because I had to stop for a leak. Honestly can't recall the last time I did that.

You wanna ride with Tricky. Thinking of getting him a she wee.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No wee-wee's today, as usual but that might have something to do with no subsequent wee-wee's despite the 3 pints of squash washing down chocolate milkshake. :lol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh I've just remembered I need some tyre advise.

Lil Miss Stat's cumbersome (cheap) mountain bike has chunky knobbily tyres, which I'd like to take the 'edge' off by going as slick as possible.

With that in mind what am I looking for as a cheap alternative, her current tyres are:-

26 x 1.95 to fit rim HB - 575

but as it's not 700c, that genuinely means nothing to me - oh vienna.

Ta muchly.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
No wee-wee's today, as usual but that might have something to do with no subsequent wee-wee's despite the 3 pints of squash washing down chocolate milkshake. :lol:

Ah man, when I got in I shoved loads of cherries, strawberries, soya milk and dairy free ice cream into the nutribullet.

I had a similar 3 pint disappearance a couple of weekends ago.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Oh I've just remembered I need some tyre advise.

Lil Miss Stat's cumbersome (cheap) mountain bike has chunky knobbily tyres, which I'd like to take the 'edge' off by going as slick as possible.

With that in mind what am I looking for as a cheap alternative, her current tyres are:-

26 x 1.95 to fit rim HB - 575

but as it's not 700c, that genuinely means nothing to me - oh vienna.

Ta muchly.

Continental Double Fighters will do the trick Stat....takes off the big knobbies, but still enough grip for gravel paths etc. Good tyres. TUC01235.jpg

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Right lads. The cables you told me to buy how to change last year have been no trouble. Thanks.

I now need a new pair of clip in shoes. Dura Ace pedals and gear set. For 25 mile Tri cycling. Currently using heavy 12 year old specialized plastic sole. So need them to get on and off quickly (velcro?) and to save 20 seconds plus over 25 miles. Cheers.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Right lads. The cables you told me to buy how to change last year have been no trouble. Thanks.

I now need a new pair of clip in shoes. Dura Ace pedals and gear set. For 25 mile Tri cycling. Currently using heavy 12 year old specialized plastic sole. So need them to get on and off quickly (velcro?) and to save 20 seconds plus over 25 miles. Cheers.

Shoes you say!!

If you go back a few pages you'll see that Bold found a particularly sweet deal from Planet X, that I took advantage of and couldn't be happier with.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Shoes you say!!

If you go back a few pages you'll see that Bold found a particularly sweet deal from Planet X, that I took advantage of and couldn't be happier with.

365X Pro Carbon Vernice Road Cycling Shoe

Do these be the ones?

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So I went on holiday last year and forgot my shoes so ordered a pair of dhb ones from Wiggle as I thought I'd have a cheap pair for winter weather. The difference between my cable fastening specialized shoes and the dhb felcro straps and the overall comfort is easily the £60 price difference between the shoes. I have these in 2013 version. . Not that you were asking for a shoe recommendation as such.

https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/SHLUCKSTA/luck-star-road-shoes

Post #20596 onwards [MENTION=15605]knocky1[/MENTION]

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Continental Double Fighters will do the trick Stat....takes off the big knobbies, but still enough grip for gravel paths etc. Good tyres.
They've just turned up, certainly look the part, not bad for £15 each, from Tredz.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Cool - Glad to be of assistance!
I used them on my commuter mtb before I got the road bike - certainly never had a problem with them and they rolled really nicely on harder surfaces.

Just did a quick switcharoo, and popped out with Lil Miss Stat.
I was rather kicking myself that I didn't do a compare and contrast as well.

Anyway she seems happy enough and was a seemingly faster although it would be tough for her to ride any slower than before.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Post #20596 onwards [MENTION=15605]knocky1[/MENTION]

Thanks. My size in Black are £89 now. The £59 Orange in 43 now gone. 2 left this morning! He who hesitates...............are they worth £89? I don't need them till next spring. Probably keep looking.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Thanks. My size in Black are £89 now. The £59 Orange in 43 now gone. 2 left this morning! He who hesitates...............are they worth £89? I don't need them till next spring. Probably keep looking.

They are a great shoe, but if you're waiting till spring you might want to keep an eye out for deals through the Autumn.

As you're looking for quick on and offability you do need that style of lacing.
The shoes go from parts of your feet to slippers with just a twist of the dial(s), which can easily be done while still riding, fast.

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick

I’ve just bought a pair at £89 in black, by the time I’d seen them I’d already decided I wanted them, so I justified the purchase by telling myself that it was only £30 more than an absolute bargain, so must still be a bargain!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[MENTION=16159]Bold Seagull[/MENTION] should have got himself a commission.

At this point I usually get very twitchy when recommending to a point of people actually listening and parting with their hard earned cash.

Not this time though, other than the actual fit, I really can't see how anybody would be disappointed with this shoe (other than paying £30 more than me. :lolol: )

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick
[MENTION=16159]Bold Seagull[/MENTION] should have got himself a commission.

At this point I usually get very twitchy when recommending to a point of people actually listening and parting with their hard earned cash.

Not this time though, other than the actual fit, I really can't see how anybody would be disappointed with this shoe (other than paying £30 more than me. :lolol: )

I’m hoping that the extra £30 makes them feel just a little bit more special

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here