Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagull Fans Up North

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
Been living in Liverpool for over 20 years. Now work in Manchester. I've met a few fans a couple of times. Go to about 5 or 6 away games a year and try to get to Brighton at least once each season.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I've been in Birkenhead for the last 21 years, so not at the same time as you. I've managed to find a couple more fans here, in addition to my two sons!!!

Well well well. Lived in tranmere and new ferry. Went to plessington high. Had a great time up there. Proper people.

Merseyside Seagull

Dec 18, 2003
Wirral
Most people in Birkenhead are great. You will see your typical scally as you would in most cities, but don't believe everything people say about Birkenhead, it's not a bad place!!!

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
I'm going it's doable with a late afternoon set off 2.5hours from Newcastle and such a big game now.

Same. But I'll be at a gig in London on the Friday, so booked a coach seat to take me to Preston then take the train back to Ncl after the game.

Be my first Albion away game...pretty cool to finally lose my Albion away-day virginity.

North East Seagull

Jul 6, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Two more Seagulls based in Newcastle; me and Mark (originally from Whitehawk - him not me). Wylam, Darras Hall, Jesmond, The Coast - we've got some poshies up here haven't we!

We get to a few away games each season, usually driving, but train to some of the more local ones. Been going to northern poopholes to watch the stripes since 1989 and seen a few other Seagulls on route.

Would be interested in a north east meet up, but not in The Goose, shocking pub (imho) get in The Three Bulls next door!

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
Two more Seagulls based in Newcastle; me and Mark (originally from Whitehawk - him not me). Wylam, Darras Hall, Jesmond, The Coast - we've got some poshies up here haven't we!

We get to a few away games each season, usually driving, but train to some of the more local ones. Been going to northern poopholes to watch the stripes since 1989 and seen a few other Seagulls on route.

Would be interested in a north east meet up, but not in The Goose, shocking pub (imho) get in The Three Bulls next door!

Coming from Hove I had to find something close to equivalent....Jesmond not too bad! Where abouts are you?

Yeah not a fan of The Goose either. We need to make a pub the "North East Seagulls Headquarters" so there is no need to ask where we are watching the televised games...just turn up and join the other seagull fans.

SwedishSonna

Aug 9, 2005
Newcastle upon Tyne
Recently moved up to Newcastle (heard all the jokes).

Any fans up this way at all? Keen to hit a few away games without always travelling alone, or watch the televised games.

Looks like I'm late to the party. I live in Whitley Bay. Have been up north now for ten years. Started off in Blyth, then went to North Shields. Have been to a couple of away games with [MENTION=20122]Whitley Bayster[/MENTION]. Will be at Boro away. A few work mates will be in tow. Usually stop off in Hartlepool on the way back home for a couple (Spoons and Rat Race).

Sometimes take in the odd Toon and Whitley Bay match. Mostly found at the ice rink watching Whitley Warriors.

Have we got enough members yet for a NE supporters club?

North East Seagull

Jul 6, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Coming from Hove I had to find something close to equivalent....Jesmond not too bad! Where abouts are you?

Yeah not a fan of The Goose either. We need to make a pub the "North East Seagulls Headquarters" so there is no need to ask where we are watching the televised games...just turn up and join the other seagull fans.

Jesmond is canny place to live but was too pricey for me back in the day so I did my time up in Arthur's Hill, on Brighton Grove funnily enough. 25 year later I find myself up on Great Park, so well out of the city centre..

I will have a think about what pub I would like to suggest as the Newcastle base for any North East supporters meet ups - I don't bother with town too often these days but I am willing to do some research.

SwedishSonna

Aug 9, 2005
Newcastle upon Tyne
Jesmond is canny place to live but was too pricey for me back in the day so I did my time up in Arthur's Hill, on Brighton Grove funnily enough. 25 year later I find myself up on Great Park, so well out of the city centre..

I will have a think about what pub I would like to suggest as the Newcastle base for any North East supporters meet ups - I don't bother with town too often these days but I am willing to do some research.

Brandling in South Gossy? Decent boozer next to a Metro stop.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
It's great to hear that the North East Gulls who would like to form a fans group get intouch with Paul Camlin in the Albion communication depart and get it on the web-site and in the programme as not all fans read this Brillant board. It will be great one day to see coaches mini buses arriving at the Amex from different parts of the UK & Scotland for a home game.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here