Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion fans’ gripes

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
1997: “We don’t have a ground. Our owners have completely shafted us. We are losing every week in the fourth division. We are going out of business. We are destined for the Vauxhall Conference”

2018: “We’re not winning Premier League matches in a manner that is easy on the eye”

Last edited:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
1997: “We don’t have a ground. Our owners have completely shafted us. We are losing every week in the fourth division. We are going out of business. We are destined for the Vauxhall Conference”

2018: “We’re not winning Premier League watches in a manner that is easy on the eye”

And all is well on the world......:)

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I blame two club supporters like [MENTION=28934]AmexRuislip[/MENTION]. Plenty in the Amex crowd like him/her.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

2018: “I can't drink from my flask, whilst observing that we’re not winning Premier League watches in a manner that is easy on the eye”

Fixed for you.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012

2018: “We’re not winning Premier League matches in a manner that is easy on the eye”

It is amazing isn't it. I can only assume anyone not loving it at the moment are a recent addition to our fanbase.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

el punal

Which one are you?

1. I’d rather win 1-0, keep a clean sheet, 3 more points on the board and bollocks whether we deserved it or not.

or

2. I prefer that we lost 4-3 in a jolly exciting and entertaining game, full of incidents and drama and no little skill. Oh well, better luck next time. Still, much better than a boring 1-0 win with only one shot on target.

Many on the Wolves fans forum much preferred the expansive, attacking play to our “dull, negative” approach. Fair enough. But we got the 3 points and they didn’t. Had the reverse scenario happened I wonder whether their opinion would have changed?

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Said it on another thread - the back's to the wall resilience of our side is exciting to watch too. As they say in boxing "styles make fights" and on Saturday Wolves were the probing boxer without a KO finish whereas we were durable, defensive and clearly on the ropes but landed the one big punch that got the job done.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
this is not a new thing. Certain people have found something to moan about and certain players to blame for everything since i started to support in1953 !

jcl :d

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
It is amazing isn't it. I can only assume anyone not loving it at the moment are a recent addition to our fanbase.

Or old ones like me who complained about similarly negative football last time we were in the top flight (See Mike Bailey). The difference then was it did not cost a small fortune and there were other distractions when things got boring like having a drink whilst still watching the match, and some entertainment on the terraces. I am not so interested in seeing the Albion play "big teams" as watching us win in an entertaining manner. To be clear, I am not one of the moaners (yet), but things need to change. If they do not, I would be happy to go back to the Championship.

For what it is worth, Chris appears top agree about the quality based upon today's Argus article.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
To paraphrase Attila:

And one day, when our new home’s built, and we are storming back
A bunch of happy fans without a care
We¹ll look back on our darkest hour and raise our glasses high
and say with irritation: What about the possession stats? Why can't I bring a flask in? Why don't we have any chip forks, and what the hell happened to the cup final money?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Depends what you think you want for your support. Some are just happy to be in the PL and don't care what goes on on the pitch so long as we just about survive each year. Others pay their money because they want to be entertained.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Said it on another thread - the back's to the wall resilience of our side is exciting to watch too. As they say in boxing "styles make fights" and on Saturday Wolves were the probing boxer without a KO finish whereas we were durable, defensive and clearly on the ropes but landed the one big punch that got the job done.

And you be happy with that week in week out? Our goal (and only attempt on target) came about because of a miss hit shot from Bruno.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
1996: Dodgy guts courtesy of the half time burger
2004: Dodgy guts courtesy of the half time burger
2018: Dodgy guts courtesy of the half time burger

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
But that's not how football works, is it. You don't get to pick the style and score before the game. And just to remind you, Wolves, with their style of play are above us in the league. That may of course change.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here