Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] What is then most pointless row you've ever had with your other half?

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
I once had an argument over an exe's mates boyfriend who fancied himself as a bit of a close up magician. I think I laughed at a shockingly bad video he had made for youtube, it was awful. She went turbo, saying I didn't support her friends etc. I don't remeber much about the row except me giving her the finger and saying "Now that's magic" as I stormed off to the nuclear.

Give us the link!!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Quite simple solution...never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever go to a supermarket with your other half.

Never!

She doesn't drive though..

And yes, I can sit in the car and wait for her to come out. But then I can't pick up all the little TREATS I like. And she'll get the wrong bread, just to spite me.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I once had an argument over an exe's mates boyfriend who fancied himself as a bit of a close up magician. I think I laughed at a shockingly bad video he had made for youtube, it was awful. She went turbo, saying I didn't support her friends etc. I don't remeber much about the row except me giving her the finger and saying "Now that's magic" as I stormed off to the nuclear.

Just to clarify, when you said you gave her the finger...

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
She likes fresh stuff in the little compartment at the front. She'll put washing powder in the childs seat. She'll hang packets off bogroll off the little hook. And then, god help us, there's the various catagories for all the BAGS. Once, I put a can of furniture polish in the "frozen" bag, and nearly lost an eye.

You think this shit should be straightforward with her ? YOU try it.

...tell her she is wrong. Non-food items such as washing powder, bleach, etc should go UNDER or at least AWAY from food stuffs so they can't contaminate them. NEVER EVER put non-food ON TOP OF or ABOVE food. FFS! She's an idiot.. tell her!

[Obviously I only know this because I am an idiot and was told I was putting stuff in the trolley wrong too!]

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
My third favourite thread up there with Bellcheeses and Running.... keep em coming

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Saturday afternoon a few weeks back, about 5 o'clock. We had planned to go out into town for a few drinks and dinner that evening, even though Mrs P had been unwell for the previous couple days.

Me: Are you sure you want to go out tonight, you still don't look that well and you've been asleep most of the afternoon
Mrs P: Yeah, you're right. If you don't mind, lets not bother.
Me: Ok, lets just get a takeaway and a bottle of wine and stop in.
Mrs P: Yep, good idea.

Later that night, bored with tedious Saturday night television......

Mrs P: Well if you hadn't wanted to stay in we could have been out enjoying ourselves

:shrug:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
This reminds me of a blog I read years ago by a chap called Mil Millington called "Things My Girlfriend and I Have Argued About". You can see it here:

http://www.thingsmygirlfriendandihavearguedabout.com/

I warn you though - there's loads of it. And its one of the funniest things I have EVER read on the internet, so you might find yourself on there for some time. It truly is brilliant.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
"Arguments. There are many arguments we have over arguments. 'Who started argument x', for example, is a old favourite that has not had its vigour dimmed by age nor its edge blunted through use. Another dependable companion is, 'I'm not arguing, I'm just talking - you're arguing,' along with its more stage-struck (in the sense that it relishes an audience - parties, visiting relatives, Parent's Evenings at school, in shops, etc.) sibling, 'Right, so we're going to get into this argument here are we?' An especially frequent argument argument, however, is the result of Margret NOT STICKING TO THE DAMN ARGUMENT, FOR CHRIST'S SAKE. Margret jack-knifes from argument to argument, jigs direction randomly and erratically like a shoal of Argument Fish being followed by a Truth Shark. It's fearsomely difficult to land a blow because by the time you've let fly with the logic she's not there anymore. A row about vacuuming gets shifted to the cost of a computer upgrade, from there to who got up early with the kids most this week and then to the greater interest rates of German banks via the noisome sexual keenness of some former girlfriend, those-are-hair-scissors-don't-use-them-for-paper and, 'When was the last time you bought me flowers?' all in the space of about seven exchanges. 'Arrrrrrgggh! What are we arguing about? Can you just decide what it is and stick to it?"

I love that line. Its one thats always stuck with me. :lolol:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Saturday afternoon a few weeks back, about 5 o'clock. We had planned to go out into town for a few drinks and dinner that evening, even though Mrs P had been unwell for the previous couple days.

Me: Are you sure you want to go out tonight, you still don't look that well and you've been asleep most of the afternoon
Mrs P: Yeah, you're right. If you don't mind, lets not bother.
Me: Ok, lets just get a takeaway and a bottle of wine and stop in.
Mrs P: Yep, good idea.

Later that night, bored with tedious Saturday night television......

Mrs P: Well if you hadn't wanted to stay in we could have been out enjoying ourselves

:shrug:

I feel your pain, been there worn the black eye.....

You just know the reality is that if you had gone out, you would have both wondered around town, trying to pick somewhere to eat...

"Do you fancy Italian".... "Nah".... "Mexican" ....."What, you know ive been ill today, why suggest that"...... silence as you both walk past restaurants whistfully looking in at the happy people.

"Do you just fancy a drink then"...... "What about tapas"..... " Bollox, I thought you said you still felt ill"..... silence......

and so it goes on, until you both end up in a pub, your in the mood to get hammered, shes not because she still feels a bit iffy......

You finish your pint, wondering if you leave now, will you get back in time, to suggest an early night for her.....

And you can crack open, some cans, wine, or the hard stuff and you get to sit back thinking what the feck while watching match of the day.....

Result

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Sorry, last one, I won't hijack the thread with that blog, but this one had me in bits...

"Margret flooded the kitchen last week. Turned the taps on, put the plug in the sink, and utterly forgot about it (because she'd come upstairs and we'd got involved in an unrelated argument). She goes back downstairs, opens the door and - whoosh - it's Sea World. The interesting thing about this is, if I'd flooded the kitchen, it would have been a bellowing, 'You've flooded the kitchen, you idiot!' and then she'd have done that thing where I curl up in a ball, trying to protect my head, and she kicks me repeatedly in the kidneys. As it was, however, there's a shout, I run downstairs and stand for a beat in the doorway - taking in the scene, waves lapping gently at my ankles - and she turns round and roars, 'Well, help me then - can't you see I've flooded the kitchen, you idiot??"

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I feel your pain, been there worn the black eye.....

You just know the reality is that if you had gone out, you would have both wondered around town, trying to pick somewhere to eat...

"Do you fancy Italian".... "Nah".... "Mexican" ....."What, you know ive been ill today, why suggest that"...... silence as you both walk past restaurants whistfully looking in at the happy people.

Oooh, I can SO relate to this.

Deciding on a restaurant can be an absolute MINEFIELD with a fussy / indecisive woman (let alone ill, not tried that). A few years ago we got a bus into Brighton intending on having a couple of drinks, then finding a “nice restaurant” for a meal. We were in the Lanes – plenty of choice no ? And so began the quest. We wandered the streets, peering at various menus in windows. As we made our way around, each was met with a “hmmm” or a “mmm…nah”, or often just a wrinkled nose. We eventually ran out of Lanes. I’d identified at least 2 steakhouses, a Mexican and an Indian I’d have been perfectly happy with, but one by one they were all naah’d.

So we amble up to and then along Western Road. Less rich pickings, although there’s Preston Street to peruse along the way. Not ideal, and so, inevitably, it turned out. So we walked back up to Western Road and carried on along. She doesn’t fancy any of the independents along there, so we arrive at Palmiera Square and Church Road. Fair bit of choice here I think, but no, nothing QUITE fits the bill, or is too expensive, or doesn’t like the décor, or “read about it in the Argus once and it was shite”. By this time we’re running out of town, and into desperation. So we end up in….the Bali Brasserie as an “oh it’ll do” type place. She was getting crabby and I’d developed a blister and had started to limp. This gaff is at the bottom of 1st Avenue, set into a block of flats, and does Indonesian / Malaysian cuisine.

With all the street zig-zagging, we must’ve walked about 4 miles to get there. Did she like it ? What do you think.

Sake.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Most pointless row was with first wife. I had ticket for last match of the season at Chesterfield, which we would be promoted as champions if we won. She wanted me to go with her to Bluewater.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I came home just as the dishwasher finished a full cycle to find 1 can in the machine.

It was suggested that it was my fault for being anal about recycling/ the environment etc.

The following week was Valentine's and in her card was the booking confirmation for a weekend in Paris including a Madonna gig. In her opinion that wasn't a Valentine's gift as it was in June.

...and that was that for us.

What was nice was how pissed off she was when I gave the weekend break to a couple she hated as their wedding present.
That was so much fun.

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
The future doesn’t exist in her mind only the present. Typical example ‘WHAT, your going to xxxx today’ xxxx being football, golf etc. Despite it being in the wall calendar for months supported by regular ‘don’t forget i’m doing xxxx next week’

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Who said he has a lady:whistle:???

Ive been with the same lady for a long time and im sure [MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION] will confirm i punching so far above my weight its beyond a joke :thumbsup:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here