Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Worst ever sub performance

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
18 months?!?!? He's been here since January?!?!

But yeah, he's got problems. Should possibly have dropped down into the championship for a loan spell, got to grips with the English game, because right now he's absolute pox.

Brainfart. Thought he signed last year for some reason.

If Andone actually turns out to be even half decent, then unless Old Man Murray gets crocked he's not going to get a sniff here.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Well he's certainly not playing well. We could have done with being in the cup still, to give him game time, as we don't really want him playing in the PL until he shows more than he has so far.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Correct - he's played one half of a football match this season . It's therefore too quick to judge him. Ok he doesnt look great so far but that might change this weekend . He needs a run of games thats for sure - and you need to smile Jurgen that might help . Life could be a lot worse after all

He was shit against Saints for 90 minutes in the cup as well.

miffy6

Mar 7, 2009
:ffsparr:

LOCADIA.gif

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

By the time he picks himself up off the floor there are 6 Saints defenders around him. In that position with no teammates around you it's easy to be caught in two minds. Not ideal, but that pales into insignificance compared with the misplaced pass then free-kick conceded.

Had Ward-Prowse scored then not only would we have lost a point but lost all momentum going into the Spurs game and so Locadia's errors could have ended up costing us 4 points. With Spurs playing Inter tonight, no Lloris and on the back of 2 league defeats I think we have a chance of a win, but a last minute killer 3-2 defeat last night and I don't think we'd manage than a point on Saturday.

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
Honestly, I thought he made some good runs, found space, drew defenders away from Muzza and offered something which had been missing. Granted he fell over the ball and had some misplaced passes.. who didnt tonight.. but I still think he has something to work with.

Something to work with? He cost £14m. He isn't an U23 still developing.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Yep. A clear sign that the OP is a JCL, I remember subs who looked like they'd never seen a football before (actually, in Jonny Dixon's case, I'm not so sure that he had).

Ah, good ol' Johnny Dixon. Tbh, I think he lost interest in football after dating this little lovely. In fact, he probably struggled to see the attraction of ever getting out of bed at all.

Holly Valance 03.jpg

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
I'm loathe to do that myself, but perhaps the reason we've not seen much of him in the first team in the 18 months he's been here is because Hughton isn't seeing enough from him in training to warrant giving him some starts. Murrays form is a factor in that of course, but from the outside looking in, I don't think Locadia is giving Chris much of a selection headache thus far. He's not had much game time, but what he has had he's been totally ineffectual.

I will happily come back on here and plough my way through a slab of humble pie if Locadia turns it round and starts ripping it up in the PL. I honestly honestly hope he does. But on the evidence so far, I really can't see that happening.

I feel for the bloke, and don't think he is talentless either, but something is just not clicking and we are not seeing the best of him, and i'm sure there is a 'best' in there somewhere. If he is sold/farmed out in Jan, I would like to think we tried our best to make it work for him. My jury is out till Xmas.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Well he's certainly not playing well. We could have done with being in the cup still, to give him game time, as we don't really want him playing in the PL until he shows more than he has so far.
That's what comes of not giving a toss about cup runs.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It was pretty embarrassing when he tripped over the ball.

I think that was down to thinking what he was going to do with it in the next move and didn't complete the first of collecting the ball. Possibly lack of concentration with what he was doing and more concerned on what he was going to do.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
By the time he picks himself up off the floor there are 6 Saints defenders around him. In that position with no teammates around you it's easy to be caught in two minds. Not ideal, but that pales into insignificance compared with the misplaced pass then free-kick conceded.

Had Ward-Prowse scored then not only would we have lost a point but lost all momentum going into the Spurs game and so Locadia's errors could have ended up costing us 4 points. With Spurs playing Inter tonight, no Lloris and on the back of 2 league defeats I think we have a chance of a win, but a last minute killer 3-2 defeat last night and I don't think we'd manage than a point on Saturday.

Not ideal at all but nothing Stephens didn't do on multiple occasions.
Also, although he ended up fouling, at least he tracked back and tried to make up for his mistake - not getting the lazy comments from some.
Bad day at the office for him for sure but not sure he is as bad as a lot are making out. Think he could do with a run out or two in the U23s to get match sharpness

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
At least nobody can say he hasn't hit the ground running.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Guardian report says Locardia gave much needed zest to the attack.

miffy6

Mar 7, 2009
Brilliant, that should do wonders for his confidence! Tit...

Yes, in the slim chance he does read NSC, i'm sure he opened a thread titled 'worst ever sub performance' and expected a massive confidence boost. Tit...

Edit - Unless you meant him tripping over the ball then i apologise. :lolol:

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here