Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Glory fans in the East Stand

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Do kids really do that to those's that support there home town team?

They did in 2006 at St Martin's Primary. Thankfully a lad in the year above my eldest and who was possibly the only other Brighton fan in the school looked after my son after he found out what was happening.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Football is a partisan sport. If you want to applaud the opposition then off you fvck to the rugger or cricket. This is frankly embarrassing.

I mean, I get it. I've had the lecture. We need these people because they pay the wages of our amazing players and finance our success. Only that's bollocks. What they do is poison the atmosphere to the point where we're practically making the opposition a nice cup of tea and drawing them a route map to the goal.

STOP swapping shirts. STOP taking selfies. Kick the opposition on the pitch . Boo and whistle them off it. And get behind our lot. Our support was utterly pathetic today and this is just one of many embarrassing examples.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And welcome to the Premier League, well said!

Add to that the pant wetting grown up Albion fans hanging round the Chelsea bus waiting to take a photo , get a life.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Football is a partisan sport. If you want to applaud the opposition then off you fvck to the rugger or cricket. This is frankly embarrassing.

I mean, I get it. I've had the lecture. We need these people because they pay the wages of our amazing players and finance our success. Only that's bollocks. What they do is poison the atmosphere to the point where we're practically making the opposition a nice cup of tea and drawing them a route map to the goal.

STOP swapping shirts. STOP taking selfies. Kick the opposition on the pitch . Boo and whistle them off it. And get behind our lot. Our support was utterly pathetic today and this is just one of many embarrassing examples.

Spot on. The Amex is far too hospitable for opposition teams.

Sep 28, 2011
He may be excellent but if your dream is to get Hazard's shirt then you're not a Brighton fan. Sod off to the away end if you're happy to bring your kid up like that.
Both my children were born in Brighton and had the choice of their family team, the user name might give you a clue:) or Brighton, both would prefer a sweaty training sock from Liam Rosenior over a whole set of signed Chelsea shirts.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Let's go back to 18K fans in League 1.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
'sake. What's happened to our fans?

My two lads went through huge amounts of piss-taking and bullying at school by kids who supported the big teams and ripped the piss out of my 2 for supporting Brighton in League 1. They held their heads high throughout, unlike all their friends they watched their team play week in and week out and the only football shirts they've ever wanted were BHA ones. I'm immensely proud of them for that, I can't tell you how much that means to me.

If either of them pulled a stunt like this it would genuinely break my heart because it means that they haven't grown to love our club like I have and all my mates have.

Indeed. My two grew up in the Gillingham and Withdean years and their heroes were Bobby Zamora, Gary Hart, Danny Cullip etc. They are Brighton fans and while they can appreciate good opposition players they mean nothing compared to something like the return of BZ. Unfortunately though you won’t change the mindset of the new fans.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Let's go back to 18K fans in League 1.

I'm not sure what that even means, I'd rather have (say) 24K fans vocally behind the team and prepared to throw opposition players' shirts back at them than 30K in the stadium with three or so thousand tourists and sycophants. The extra money these people bring in is TINY in comparison to the TV money we're getting.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm not sure what that even means, I'd rather have (say) 24K fans vocally behind the team and prepared to throw opposition players' shirts back at them than 30K in the stadium with three or so thousand tourists and sycophants. The extra money these people bring in is TINY in comparison to the TV money we're getting.

It is now, but we've needed them for the last 7 years, on the way up. Some of them have even been converted to Brighton fans on the way.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Agreed. Look at the noise and atmosphere at Huddersfield compared to anything we’ve made this season

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
It is now, but we've needed them for the last 7 years, on the way up. Some of them have even been converted to Brighton fans on the way.

Maybe in future anyone that wants to buy a ticket will need to undertake some sort of test on the clubs history or results for the season..swearing allegiance to the club ...and only then will they be allowed in....of course that means that those who pass will be perfect fans ..never moaning and forever singing the whole game...because that makes you a true and worthy fan

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

No we haven't! You don't think the middle class parents spunking in to a match-worn Hazard shirt this afternoon were there against Millwall for Sami's meltdown game do you? :facepalm:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Maybe in future anyone that wants to buy a ticket will need to undertake some sort of test on the clubs history or results for the season..swearing allegiance to the club ...and only then will they be allowed in....of course that means that those who pass will be perfect fans ..never moaning and forever singing the whole game...because that makes you a true and worthy fan

Never going for a wee before half time, or the final whistle.
Drinking up & standing in front of your seat before kick off in each half.
Go to all cup games
Sing all the verses to Sussex by the Sea from memory.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Agreed. Look at the noise and atmosphere at Huddersfield compared to anything we’ve made this season

Didn’t go to Huddersfield (don’t they like a drum?) but short memory if you’re forgetting the excellent atmospheres earlier this season and most of last season tbh. Everyone so negative at mo. North make a hell of a racket compared to most grounds these days.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
No we haven't! You don't think the middle class parents spunking in to a match-worn Hazard shirt this afternoon were there against Millwall for Sami's meltdown game do you? :facepalm:

No, they probably weren't. It doesn't bother me.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Fair enough if you don’t mind tourists turning up to idolize the opposition. Personally I am glad that the people in our area of the ground are there to support the Albion.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
And welcome to the Premier League, well said!

Add to that the pant wetting grown up Albion fans hanging round the Chelsea bus waiting to take a photo , get a life.

Good point that. I couldn’t get past the crowds around the Chelsea bus when I arrived due to the number of people holding their phones out taking pictures of the enemy getting off their bus. Almost all seemed to be in BHA colours. Wankers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here