Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arsenal

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Chelsea did only last season, against another French team.

Er, Chelsea didn't qualify after conceding THREE at home.

A 3-1 away defeat (followed by a 2-0 home win) is nothing like the same mountain. A 2-0 win for Arsenal in Monaco will see them go out.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Er, Chelsea didn't qualify after conceding THREE at home.

A 3-1 away defeat (followed by a 2-0 home win) is nothing like the same mountain. A 2-0 win for Arsenal in Monaco will see them go out.

True mate, I was just posting from a position of mild interest and a warm feeling at arsenal fans discomfort.:thumbsup:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Is it beyond the relms of possibility for Arsenal (now scorned) to go to a relatively weak Monaco team and score 3 goals? Not at all.

But that performance yesterday was COMPLETELY complacent (easy to say!).

ever year they have gone out at this stage to a BIG team, be it Bayern twice, Barca x2 or 3. I'm in no doubt that they were SO relieved to have a "lesser" team that the players just thought it was job done. 1 deflected shot and two counter attacks later and it's egg on face time.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Man City nearly went down ( complacently and with a stupid sending off ) against Barca Tuesday night 1-3 as well but no thread ? Some people need to lose their Arsenal fixation.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Man City nearly went down ( complacently and with a stupid sending off ) against Barca Tuesday night 1-3 as well but no thread ? Some people need to lose their Arsenal fixation.

Do you think it might be because we emphatically beat THE Leeds United Tuesday night therefore didn't see the ManCity v Barca match, and were therefore more inclined to discuss the following day our own teams brilliant performance.....

Or do you think it's an Arsenal fixation? :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here