Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ambitious PL rivals - spending plans

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
It will be so disappointing to have eventually got to the Premier League if we don't go for it to stay there. I am always worried that we are a bit shite at attracting quality forwards. Luckily both Zamora and Murray really wanted to come here, I wonder if anyone is going to be quite so keen this year.

To be this year's Hull, Sunderland or Boro will be gutting. I won't care too much if we go down having had a proper go at it but if we are going to try and be cute in the transfer market and bore the pants off the fans by not being able to score goals I'll be glad to return to the Championship.

As usual everything is well under wraps, no way will we not go for it.... we have already spent over 8 million for two players...obviously key positions are LB, RB,CB,CM,winger and 2 strikers...Austrian Lb will cost around 2.5 million, the rest will cost big time....BUT,that's part of being in the PL, you get big money in, and you have to pay big money out...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
As usual everything is well under wraps, no way will we not go for it.... we have already spent over 8 million for two players...obviously key positions are LB, RB,CB,CM,winger and 2 strikers...Austrian Lb will cost around 2.5 million, the rest will cost big time....BUT,that's part of being in the PL, you get big money in, and you have to pay big money out...
Wise words. Every year the usual suspects shit their pants at the seeming lack of transfer activity and every year we seem to get the right people in. I can't see the point in worrying - it's quite clear our recruitment staff are pretty decent.

May 24, 2017
Bournemouth close to signing Ake for....wait for it....20 MILLION!!!!......sigh...
Any news on the Seb Larsson signing...:facepalm:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth close to signing Ake for....wait for it....20 MILLION!!!!......sigh...
Any news on the Seb Larsson signing...:facepalm:

I have changed my mind. You are not a Palace troll, it's plucky Bournemouth for you isn't it?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Wise words. Every year the usual suspects shit their pants at the seeming lack of transfer activity and every year we seem to get the right people in. I can't see the point in worrying - it's quite clear our recruitment staff are pretty decent.

Completely agree with this. A few years ago, they might have had a point. However, we've had two successful summers in the transfer market and the club have earned the trust of supporters.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
It's about getting the right players in. Sometimes those are expensive and sometimes they are bargains. What we need to do is find them, convince them and then make it happen. Chucking money about for no reason would be pointless and so would signing nobody.

It will happen and we'll have a decent squad one way or another as the money is there if needed. So far I think we're doing well and would expect 2 more in for training starting and a couple more before the first game. After that I doubt there will be much activity unless there is injury or some under23's coming in late.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
The strange thing is when we were in the championship, and see team buying players, I would think how it would affect our chances against them. But with premier league clubs, spending ridiculous amounts on players it seems irrelevant to our task.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
The strange thing is when we were in the championship, and see team buying players, I would think how it would affect our chances against them. But with premier league clubs, spending ridiculous amounts on players it seems irrelevant to our task.

Sort of two divisions, rivals are the clubs from seventh downwards.

May 24, 2017
I have changed my mind. You are not a Palace troll, it's plucky Bournemouth for you isn't it?

Well that's better....can't say i mind being labelled a Bournemouth fan tbf....exciting times over there.
What team will i be accused of supporting next week btw....Southampton?....Pompey?.....you really are clueless....:D

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Well that's better....can't say i mind being labelled a Bournemouth fan tbf....exciting times over there.
What team will i be accused of supporting next week btw....Southampton?....Pompey?.....you really are clueless....:D

Whoever it is you're accused of supporting I'll tell you one thing, it won't be the Albion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here