Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stewart Downing on a free

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Hughton is far too intelligent a manager to sign a waster like Downing....an ageing waster at that. He was garbage for Boro last season.

This

The main one would be the reputation of the Albion's much lauded player recruitment team taking such an almighty hammering.

This

He certainly was. He looked poor and slow and divided opinion in the championship the previous year.
I don't see any club stupid enough to take on his wages.

This

And most of all this.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Not keen then?:lolol:

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
You're honestly telling me you don't think he'd be an upgrade on Skalak?

Yep. Skalak's a better player these days. Puts in a great set piece, wins vital free kicks (with sometimes questionable falls), is more helpful defensively and plays with passion.
I don't think the Stewart Downing of today does any of those things.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yep. Skalak's a better player these days. Puts in a great set piece, wins vital free kicks (with sometimes questionable falls), is more helpful defensively and plays with passion.
I don't think the Stewart Downing of today does any of those things.

Downing's a busted flush, his current performance levels not on a par with the pay levels he's used to.

He might be a good bet for a club like Sheffield United next year, no better than that.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
:thumbsup: and their fans are desparate to see the back of him, despite Downing being Boro born and bred. Says all you need to know.

To be fair, Downing's not the only 'Boro player whose name is mud up there now. You should read what their chat pages have to say about Gaston 'I-like-wearing-little-girls-shin-pads-and screaming-my-head -off-to-the-referee' Ramirez!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here