Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Buying Euros for holiday.

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
Got mine on-line the moment the exit poll came out. Good decision!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think you ask the same question every year - and the answer will always be the same - Halifax Clarity card, Santander Zero card or Nationwide card [if you have account]. You then receive inter-bank rates on transactions.

My point is will Brexit make a difference to most [people going on holiday when they only change about £1000 to $2000 but in most cases £20 is a fair amount to lose or gain.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
My point is will Brexit make a difference to most [people going on holiday when they only change about £1000 to $2000 but in most cases £20 is a fair amount to lose or gain.

Your Spanish visa will cost more than that soon [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]. Your £20 is 1-2% of the amount your talking about.....hardly worth the effort of shopping around

I would say, though, that @PPF's Gatwick suggestion will guarantee you the worst rate anywhere.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton

Disagree, when you spend a £1000 + on a holiday, £20 is sod all.
It really isn't worth the keystrokes or shoe leather.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Your Spanish visa will cost more than that soon [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]. Your £20 is 1-2% of the amount your talking about.....hardly worth the effort of shopping around

I would say, though, that @PPF's Gatwick suggestion will guarantee you the worst rate anywhere.

I use moneycorp at Gatwick. So long as you pre order the rate is pretty much the same as anywhere on the high st.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Dis agree, when you spend a few thousand on a holiday, £20 is sod all.

Thats what I was thinking - if you are taking £1k in cash on holiday then your holiday must have cost a fair bit.

For me I take a little bit of cash like £1-200 which is just pocket money and spend the rest on card, overall you will not lose much and in relation to the whole holiday its not worth worrying about

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Thats what I was thinking - if you are taking £1k in cash on holiday then your holiday must have cost a fair bit.

For me I take a little bit of cash like £1-200 which is just pocket money and spend the rest on card, overall you will not lose much and in relation to the whole holiday its not worth worrying about

To be fair the last Dubia trip was only just over £1200 each but did take the same for spends.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The same people who drive 15 miles to get their petrol 1p a litre cheaper

Not guilty we go past ASDA at Hollingbury at least once a week so fill up whenever we do and use less than a tank a week. If I can save or earn £10 just by timing the changing of our money, which we will need either way, I will do so.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Disagree, when you spend a £1000 + on a holiday, £20 is sod all.
It really isn't worth the keystrokes or shoe leather.

If people are so worried about saving £20 they are prepared to mither on for 3 months over an impossible to answer question.
You've got to wonder where the £1000+ spending money came from.

Jan 30, 2008

:moo:
regards
DR

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Is that the likely difference as at the moment the rate is £1= 1.14€. Could it go the other way that £1 = .95€ or less
Anyone that could tell you which way it will go next would earn billions predicting the market.

I think it's unlikely to be dropping below 1€ to the pound, but no guarantees.

I'd just wait until nearer the time. Make sure you search for the best rate online a bit before you travel, as each exchange charge different rates.

Biancazzurro

Aug 9, 2011
Hassocks
Just got back from Spain and used Revolut card for all spending. Dad couldn't believe how much better the rate was than he got.

It is free, you get an app to top up the card, you then get commission free money anywhere. You get a notification saying what you spent seconds after you use the card. It includes the local spend and the amount it cost you in sterling.

App also lets you change your pin and block card instantly should you lose it.

https://revolut.com/r/alex8x5e

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here