Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Baseball Season 2017

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
No idea about baseball but going to see Brewers @ Mets at the end of the month.

Who will win? Will it be close?

Sent from my GT-I8200N using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Another morning waking up to another Phillies loss. Another long year ahead of this 'rebuild'
There's no shame in losing to a Strasburg 1st hit of the season 400 yard home run.
Oh wait, silly me, that should have read...

There's so much shame...

Am interested in maybe following baseball but have limited knowledge of how it all works. Anyone provide a link to somewhere for newbies to pick up the basics. Also is it easy to find streams of games etc or weekly match of the day types roundups of the action?
Just pootle around mlb.com.

Only then will you realise just how badly we are serviced by our sporting websites.
All the highlights n'stuff are in the video section, plus there's a live game screened every day.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
There's no shame in losing to a Strasburg 1st hit of the season 400 yard home run.
Oh wait, silly me, that should have read...

There's so much shame...

Just pootle around mlb.com.

Only then will you realise just how badly we are serviced by our sporting websites.
All the highlights n'stuff are in the video section, plus there's a live game screened every day.

Sounds fantastic. Something for me to do whilst lounging in the sun in the Algarve today and building up to Seagulls Player tomorrow :thumbsup:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Twins with a 4-3 walkoff win last night v the Red Sox, to take them top of an (admittedly mediocre) ALC.

It can't last though. Impossible.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
The Cardinals rubber game in Denver is the free game this evening on mlb.tv

Coors Field is my second favourite stadium to watch baseball, after AT&T park San Francisco

LET'S GO CARDINALS !

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
No idea about baseball but going to see Brewers @ Mets at the end of the month.

Who will win? Will it be close?

Sent from my GT-I8200N using Tapatalk

As of now, Brewers are slightly above Cubs and Cardinals in first place in the division. The Nationals are running away from the Mets and every other team in their division. Many fans are gobsmacked that the Cubs have been mediocre as the rest of their division.

Overall the Mets are 7 games below an even total of winds and looses. As of now you must favour the Brewers but baseball is very arbitrary and any team can get a good pitching performance and win that day.

Last edited:

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
The Cardinals rubber game in Denver is the free game this evening on mlb.tv

Coors Field is my second favourite stadium to watch baseball, after AT&T park San Francisco

LET'S GO CARDINALS !

Have you been to Coors Field? I hear the baseball can fly out of that ball park quite easily due to the high altitudes. Have you ever experienced this in a city with a high altitude?

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I saw four games there in 2015 and you're right they say the ball flies there.

And if you look at the statistics (like everything in US sports) it would seem to back this up.

But to the casual fan, don't expect to see a ball float higher and further there than anywhere else. We are talking fractions here, like the difference between hitting the wall, and climbing over. Its a bit like whether the wind is blowing in or out at Wrigley Field. It makes a difference, but its still only fractions.

Coors Field was the only place I've seen a walk-off hit. I long to see one at Busch Stadium St Louis.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I saw four games there in 2015 and you're right they say the ball flies there.

And if you look at the statistics (like everything in US sports) it would seem to back this up.

But to the casual fan, don't expect to see a ball float higher and further there than anywhere else. We are talking fractions here, like the difference between hitting the wall, and climbing over. Its a bit like whether the wind is blowing in or out at Wrigley Field. It makes a difference, but its still only fractions.

Coors Field was the only place I've seen a walk-off hit. I long to see one at Busch Stadium St Louis.

Yet the difference in baseball between winning and losing is many times only centimeters. Or so I have been told.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Can you imagine being at the Amex until 1.11am ?

Last night the Red Sox walked off after 19 innings! I'd love to know how many stayed til the end

I saw 14 innings in Denver end with a walk-off (sadly)

https://www.boston.com/sports/boston-red-sox/2017/09/06/red-sox-beat-blue-jays-3-2-in-19-innings

Naughty Red Sox

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/mlb-set-precedent-punishing-red-sox-sign-stealing-article-1.3471940

Red Sox.jpg

Anybody cheating against the Evil Empire cant be all bad

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Naughty Red Sox

Anybody cheating against the Evil Empire cant be all bad

I enjoyed the Red Sox CEO press conference where he kind of said "well yeah, but its not like everyone doesn't do it"

and the commissioner who said there is no rule against it, its just the use of electronic equipment that they should do.

Weird

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Can you imagine being at the Amex until 1.11am ?

Last night the Red Sox walked off after 19 innings! I'd love to know how many stayed til the end

I saw 14 innings in Denver end with a walk-off (sadly)

https://www.boston.com/sports/boston-red-sox/2017/09/06/red-sox-beat-blue-jays-3-2-in-19-innings

My one game this season was a glorious 10th innings GRAND SLAM walk-off for the Blue Jays.

It's a shame the rest of the seasons has been PANTS. I'd love to know what the stats are for the Jays throwing away leads this season. Last night was a classic example.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's that most embarrasing time of the year:-

mlbf_1825952383_th_45.jpg

Feckin goggled-faced clowns.

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
No mention of The Tribe hitting 21 wins... a sequel to Moneyball about to be greenlit?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here