Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

One step closer to all out war.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Quite. Continually breaks US sanctions by testing Nuclear weapons and claims of a hydrogen bomb.

This is the only country I would ever say this about but the kindest thing to do would be to wipe them off the planet.
The government deserve to die and the citizens, well as harsh as it sounds, would be better off dead. It would be a mercy for them.
They would also fight to the death to serve the regime that improsons and tortures them in vast 500 square mile death camps.
Get rid. And do it afore they go fully nuclear.

wow....!! that's quite a statement from a realist such as yourself........but unfortunately i have to agree.....zimbabwe is still suffering the effects of hardcore , communist brainwashing almost 40 years on....the povo (poor) just accept it as their fate to live under oppression and serve the state until their dying breath.....proper cold war bullshit.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Trump will have seen what his air strike on Syria did for his flagging poll ratings. He'll be wanting more of the same. He's got a taste for it now. Very very dangerous.

So the use of banned Chemical weapons in Syria should go left unchecked..

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

No. Obviously. But the US (and the UK) went down that non-UN path in Iraq in 2003. That didn't work out too well. and now there's a gung-ho business bully with previously poor approval ratings with his finger on the hair-trigger. How's that going to work out any better?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

No. Obviously. But the US (and the UK) went down that non-UN path in Iraq in 2003. That didn't work out too well. and now there's a gung-ho business bully with previously poor approval ratings with his finger on the hair-trigger. How's that going to work out any better? How unstable do you want your world?

"We" refers to the UK or any one of the 193 UN member states.

Yes we are governed by idiots. They should have taken the NK government down decades ago. Should have taken action after the first nuclear test which the UN had specifically sanctioned against.

"We" (the armed forces of the UK) did fight the Korean War, but failed to defeat the enemy. The peace settlement, such as it was, created the North Korean government. You seem to imagine that "taking the NK government down" is some sort of easy option. History tells us that it isn't. It will be an entanglement that could be massively more complicated than anything kicked off by Bush and Blair in the Middle East.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Not to worried about the Russians,Putin is a bully,all Bullies crap their pants when confronted,it's the Chinese and Koreans that worry Me.

Russia is only after ex Warsaw pact countries within it's sphere of influence,it cites Nato ,NOT the US as it's main threat,China and Russia relations are closer now than ever before,yet China represents (in my mind) the largest long term threat to Russia especially in terms of land expansion for China.

Korea is the current most pressing threat as once the ability to have intercontinental missiles at their disposal becomes reality,it really could get serious.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
No. Obviously. But the US (and the UK) went down that non-UN path in Iraq in 2003. That didn't work out too well. and now there's a gung-ho business bully with previously poor approval ratings with his finger on the hair-trigger. How's that going to work out any better? How unstable do you want your world?

N Korea cares little who is in charge it would like the destruction of the US..

For that reason that is the most unstable thing that needs dealing with,some times to put a fire out you need to create a larger one next to it,ie Trump.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Not to worried about the Russians,Putin is a bully,all Bullies crap their pants when confronted,it's the Chinese and Koreans that worry Me.

Agree on Russia. Not so sure about China. They are "Capatalist" Communists who like the finer things that a strong economy brings. Agree 100% on the North Koreans. A rogue state that does not live in the real world.

There is one thing all three of these nations have in common. History has shown that they will not give a monkeys about their own casualties. They will sacrifice millions of troops if they have to. They don't have electorates to worry about.

Last edited:

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Agree on Russia. Not so sure about China. They are "Capatalist" Communists who like the finer things that a strong economy brings. Agree 100% on the North Koreans. A rogue state that does not live in the real world.

There is one thing all three of these nations have in common. History has shown that they will not give a monkeys about their own casualties. They will sacrifice millions of troops if they have to. They don't have electorates to worry about.

I think the Russians grudgingly accept that the US is a major force in Europe and the Middle East. Putin's internal position is also still dependent on the support of oligarchs who have massive investments in property in Europe. These are all reasons why Putin will be reluctant to escalate beyond a certain point. I think the Chinese will be much less likely to tolerate of any increase in US military presence in their sphere of influence and although theyhave a growing middle class that they would wish to keep on-side with access to Western markets, the leadership 's overall position is much stronger. Also in spite of recent meetings with Trump they will be aware of Steve Bannon's noises about the inevitability of an armed conflict and are probably accepting that this will happen sooner or later. Overall, it shows how crazy things have become that we are hoping that the Russians and the Chinese are the rational ones.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
"We"? Who is this "we" of whom you speak?

I thought that Britain had voted to disengage from the rest of the world and concentrate on "our own country". Now people are talking about getting involved in a war thousands of miles away, because it might secure the popularity of Donald Trump. Donald Trump, ffs!!

We are being governed by idiots.
Disengaged from the rest of the world? We're leaving the EU. Not the world. We're still part of NATO when I last checked as are most of our European neighbours. So will be obliged to do our part when it all goes pear shaped and as history will tell you we always tend to step up to the plate.
However the thought of an all out war is a terrifying one but it seems the world is heading for one. All the worry about global change and Brexit pales into insignificance in the scheme of things doesn't it.
Right,I'm of out to enjoy the sunshine. Have a nice day everyone.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Gazz15

May 13, 2014
Newhaven
'Kin ell, I only came on to see the chatter after the weekend's results.

Now, it appears the end of the world is nigh (again), and Albion may yet be robbed of their rightful place in the Premier League! :albion2:

The UK's engagement with the rest of the world would be better served if we positioned ourselves in the forefront of the nations that worked for world peace. We are no longer one of the great military powers.

Whilst I accept that Brexit doesn't necessarily mean disengagement from everything else in the world (and I am prepared to listen to what May and her supporters are saying about this), it does seem to me to be equally likely that, at the first taste of growing conflict in the world, there will be a massive shift in public opinion that will demand no further engagement with any other nation.

Britain and the world will be the poorer if that happens.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
But what is even more worrying is the number of missiles N Korea have trained on S. Korea at the
touch of a button.

How as human beings did we ever evolve to this?
South Korea will dispatch the North in double quick time... US forces will ensure that... most of those missiles will be intercepted by the mass of defensive weaponry they have in place... it will be messy... but short.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
China are a pack of ***** that always get let off lightly or avoid finger pointing. Nobody should respect them. They enabled a lot of this bullshit because of their communist scum past.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Well that would put the tin lid on it. War breaks out as Brighton and Hove Albion are about to start their new season in the Premier League. Boom,no more Televised Football. Ever. :cry:

I've thought this every time we've won this year. It nicely sums up a life supporting the Albion that we reach our zenith and the world promptly collapses. This season has occasionally felt like celebrating a tiddly winks victory while the roof caves in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here