The Murray/CMS fiasco

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Ah well it's been an exciting few years ain't it

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Murray got I think 6 goals in the season after the left us. He is scoring plenty for us, at home that is (not away !!) due to the service he is receiving. His scoring is invaluable but let's not make him something he is not.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
I bet at the time we all
Thought, CMS in, Murray gone was a good compromise, I know I was ok with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Murray got I think 6 goals in the season after the left us. He is scoring plenty for us, at home that is (not away !!) due to the service he is receiving. His scoring is invaluable but let's not make him something he is not.

Like better than CMS you mean?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
:nono:

Where is [MENTION=34942]Dr. No[/MENTION] ?

The first season when Murray scored 6 and CMS scored 11, most people were ok with it, apart from Palace beating us 3-1 at the Amex.
It was the following year when Holloway took over from Freedman that Murray scored loads.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
The first season when Murray scored 6 and CMS scored 11, most people were ok with it, apart from Palace beating us 3-1 at the Amex.
It was the following year when Holloway took over from Freedman that Murray scored loads.

He said, " I bet at the time WE ALL thought, CMS in Murray gone was a good compromise."

I didn't, hence my answer.

Last edited:

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Reports were that Murray wanted £12k back in 2011. We only offered £10k and didn't wish to break the pay structure. Many supporters said we should take the hit and increase his wages but I along with many others was delighted that we signed CMS and thought we had a superb goalscorer in our ranks.

Many of us would've liked Murray to stay but were equally delighted to sign CMS as a replacement. It turns out to have been a poor decision based on how the team played for the following 3 seasons but one I think most fans were content with

Iovan The Sweeper

May 16, 2016
Don't forget the profit we made on Ulloa covers the CMS loss. And Ulloa would never have been our player if we'd still had Murray. Also wasn't CMS wanted as a supplement to Murray, not as a direct replacement?

Swings and roundabouts.

It's not as if we bought someone from South America for £15m, only for him to make 3 sub appearances, complain about being homesick, and swiftly jettisoned somewhere on loan.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
As everyone, I'm delighted that we signed Muzza back on a permanent basis, but you have also got to laugh about the nature of how it all happened.

We favoured CMS, who is now back at Peterborough on loan and can't get into Luton's side. He cost us £3.75 million, and we let him go for free. We also let Murray go on a free, but now bought him back for £3 million!

That is football, but it's safe to say that Gus and others ****ed that one up for the sake of another 100k per anum in wages!
I bet you weren't complaining when Macca was scoring every week when he first signed.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Depressing thread. If only I had been born at a different time to diferent parents I could have been diferent, and now I will start a conversation about in what way it would have been different. Really? Count me out.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I was in the never happy camp after having the opportunity to attend the infamous SOL meeting where Poyet was present.

Quite obviously didn't rate Murray.

Was also very dismissive of the FA Cup and United FC of Manchester around that time. That somewhat backfired - was it two replays ?

I fell out of love with after that meeting.

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
I was in the never happy camp after having the opportunity to attend the infamous SOL meeting where Poyet was present.

Was also very dismissive of the FA Cup and United FC of Manchester around that time. That somewhat backfired - was it two replays ?

Why was this meeting so 'infamous'?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

One replay, which we won 4-0.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here