Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Well played Lincoln and thank you för making the FA Cup great agâin

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Lincoln had more passion, more commitment and more desire to win the game.

Albion thought the game was won at half-time.

How many of the Albion's players could say that they put in an honest shift against a side 72 places league places lower than them this afternoon?

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
You may not be worried but this is an embarrassment.

You can be embarrassed if you like. I'm going with pragmatism.

Lincoln played to their strengths and we gifted them two goals. Didn't see what happened for the pen but people around me said it looked dodgy.

Good day out, cracking set of fans they've got and let's not forget, we're stil top of the f**king league. That's what matters.

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
Making the FA Cup great again! Do me a favour, no one gives a flying **** about it [emoji35][emoji35][emoji35]We were a disgrace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Only 1 team came out in that second half wanting to win. We clearly weren't bothered, and just went through the motions.

When a game means that much more to one team than the other then that what happens. We were shocking, they deserved it. I'm just glad I didn't waste any money on it. The FA Cup really is dead, isn't it ?

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
Can some of the moaners on here just **** right off? It's only an embarrassment if you genuinely feel shamed by it, I'm not buying half of this "We should be embarrassed" bull****. You know what's embarrassing? Having a chance at the big time, for realistic eternal glory that WILL be written into the club's history just as boldly as any of our achievements so far-and some people are more concerned about whining and making a huge deal out of a complete irrelevance. This had to happen, it was for the best whether you like it or not. If we are completely honest, without exaggerating to appear more outraged then we actually are, did Lincoln outplay us? Not really. First half was controlled and good, second half less so but the three goals we conceded were a soft pen, an own goal from a youngster making his first professional start, and a mix-up at the back. These can happen at anytime for no particular reason, and unfortunately they happened all at once today-****ing get over it. The application was never going to be as high as the league (GOOD) but it was hardly unacceptable. If you can't deal with this tiny lapse which let's be honest, is actually much much better for us in the long run-then I suggest you shouldn't be supporting Brighton.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
You can be embarrassed if you like. I'm going with pragmatism.

Lincoln played to their strengths and we gifted them two goals. Didn't see what happened for the pen but people around me said it looked dodgy.

Good day out, cracking set of fans they've got and let's not forget, we're still top of the f**king league. That's what matters.

THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS. There's no helping anyone who genuinely believes off the back of this result that Lincoln must be better than us. :facepalm:

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
Can some of the moaners on here just **** right off? It's only an embarrassment if you genuinely feel shamed by it, I'm not buying half of this "We should be embarrassed" bull****. You know what's embarrassing? Having a chance at the big time, for realistic eternal glory that WILL be written into the club's history just as boldly as any of our achievements so far-and some people are more concerned about whining and making a huge deal out of a complete irrelevance. This had to happen, it was for the best whether you like it or not. If we are completely honest, without exaggerating to appear more outraged then we actually are, did Lincoln outplay us? Not really. First half was controlled and good, second half less so but the three goals we conceded were a soft pen, an own goal from a youngster making his first professional start, and a mix-up at the back. These can happen at anytime for no particular reason, and unfortunately they happened all at once today-****ing get over it. The application was never going to be as high as the league (GOOD) but it was hardly unacceptable. If you can't deal with this tiny lapse which let's be honest, is actually much much better for us in the long run-then I suggest you shouldn't be supporting Brighton.

Mate you can do one, why oh why can't our enhanced B Team compete with a non league team? And, what the hell has it got to do with our promotion push?

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
The fact we made so many changes and most are not bothered about losing shows that the FA Cup is a second rate competition these days.
... to the extent that by the time any remaining 'big' clubs really are fielding their strongest team, the competition has already been so devalued that the ultimate winner's achievement is automatically diminished.

A sorry state of affairs for our national game.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Next season, if we are a premiership team, I would be expect us to give much more of a damn about the FA cup. This year though it's just not our priority. Hope Lincoln have a great night and make a lot of money in the next round.

AWAYDAY

Jul 21, 2009
Phew! Made the mistake of booking Barnsley travel and hotel early! Now it won't be moved for next round '....

Well done Lincoln and let's focus on the job in hand.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
Mate you can do one, why oh why can't our enhanced B Team compete with a non league team? And, what the hell has it got to do with our promotion push?

??? Question: Did you watch the game? If no, no worries, if you'd read my post there's a handy little report in there: "First half was controlled and good, second half less so but the three goals we conceded were a soft pen, an own goal from a youngster making his first professional start, and a mix-up at the back. These can happen at anytime for no particular reason, and unfortunately they happened all at once today-****ing get over it."
So in short, we did compete with a Non-league side. Our quality was there, though it didn't translate into dominance or result. The goals we conceded were unlucky, though two certainly were the fault of the player(s), but that does in no way mean we're not as good as ****ing Lincoln get a grip. As for the promotion push, come on this is an easy one, I really thought you'd have got this one? No? Okay, if we have less extra games (Next round(s) of Cup/Replays ect) then there is a lesser chance of fatigue and injury for our players which we need to...GET PROMOTED.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I'm more with the fact that we got stuffed by a NON-league team that our reserves should be able to play off any park, but couldn't and didn't. It doesn't say much for the back-up strength if any of our first choices become unavailable for the rest of the season. It also potentially ruins the overall momentum.

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
??? Question: Did you watch the game? If no, no worries, if you'd read my post there's a handy little report in there: "First half was controlled and good, second half less so but the three goals we conceded were a soft pen, an own goal from a youngster making his first professional start, and a mix-up at the back. These can happen at anytime for no particular reason, and unfortunately they happened all at once today-****ing get over it."
So in short, we did compete with a Non-league side. Our quality was there, though it didn't translate into dominance or result. The goals we conceded were unlucky, though two certainly were the fault of the player(s), but that does in no way mean we're not as good as ****ing Lincoln get a grip. As for the promotion push, come on this is an easy one, I really thought you'd have got this one? No? Okay, if we have less extra games (Next round(s) of Cup/Replays ect) then there is a lesser chance of fatigue and injury for our players which we need to...GET PROMOTED.

Except the team that's trying to win promotion isn't the team playing in the FA Cup. And yes I did watch it and you can make all the excuses you want but we lost 3-1 to a non league team. I'm afraid I still believe these overpaid, super athletes should be able to dispose of such poor opposition AND still be capable of sitting on our bench during the league games!

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
I'm more with the fact that we got stuffed by a NON-league team that our reserves should be able to play off any park, but couldn't and didn't. It doesn't say much for the back-up strength if any of our first choices become unavailable for the rest of the season. It also potentially ruins the overall momentum.

Well said

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here