Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

There's a long way to go

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I'm loving the season, just trying to prepare NSC for when we lose a game. It's a very small point lead and I can easily see a meltdown if we lose a couple. We should expect to lose some and be calm when we do, and ready to carry on (cheering the team on etc, without wetting the bed).

Last season, our blip was not just losing a game or two. We went 5 league games without even scoring a goal. From 19th December to 12th January (not including the FA cup game, which we also lost)

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Last year was our firth in the division, did Tony not start it straight away?

I thought when Chris was appointed manager we had a new sort of 3 year plan within the original plan that went astray a little..

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Was thinking earlier that last year Boro had a cup run that caused them some fixture congestion. Wonder how much that affected their second-half-of-the-season form?

Edit: That was in the League Cup earlier in the season, so ignore me on that front. On the other hand, they lost their 3rd round FA Cup tie and then only won 1 out of their next 6. Maybe lost momentum/confidence?

You're forgetting the seminal Karanka melt down. Will he won't he etc that plagued them for about 4/5 games which allowed us and Burnley to claw them back in.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I thought when Chris was appointed manager we had a new sort of 3 year plan within the original plan that went astray a little..
Maybe, that would just be a year behind the original.

I remember the original along the lines of us arriving at the new ground and the journalists asking Tony about plans and ambition, and Tony saying that the PL was the aim within 5 years.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Maybe, that would just be a year behind the original.

I remember the original along the lines of us arriving at the new ground and the journalists asking Tony about plans and ambition, and Tony saying that the PL was the aim within 5 years.

I think you are right,again it would take some delving to find out,rings a bell though.

UPDATE******Upon some searching it appears i can only find this thread and nothing "official"
http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...-Year-Plan-to-reach-the-Premier-League-a-myth

Last edited:

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I though that the five year plan was in the Gus era, assuming he was going to stay.
Once he was gone then things would have had to be adjusted to suit whoever took the position of coach/manager.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We were injury ravaged at that point of the season as well, the injured soldiers are returning, so total opposite of the last season.
Yep, but the point is, injuries happen. Thankfully we're even stronger in depth this season, but injuries to key players could still be a problem.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

Yep

Half Seaon 1 - Avoid Relegation
Season 2 - Consolidate and perhaps make a playoff challenge if possible
Season 3 - Go for promotion

Going well so far, though credit to CH for almost getting us there a year early.

No doubt a new plan has been made since, such is the way with these things.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
No doubt a new plan has been made since, such is the way with these things.
I shouldn't really post this as it was told to me in confidence, but I've been drinking, so :shrug:

Half season 1 - Promotion
Season 2 - Consolidate in the PL
Season 3 - Qualify for Europe
Season 4 - Qualify for CL
Season 5 - Win PL and get to CL final
Season 6 - Invade Russia

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I shouldn't really post this as it was told to me in confidence, but I've been drinking, so :shrug:

Half season 1 - Promotion
Season 2 - Consolidate in the PL
Season 3 - Qualify for Europe
Season 4 - Qualify for CL
Season 5 - Win PL and get to CL final
Season 6 - Invade Russia

Season 3-5 looks like a similar plan to them up the road. They seem to be stuck in Season 2 though, being very close to the unthinkable.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here