Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jonathan Calleri

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Obviously not all in one basket. Weve clearly been looking at Bolanos and Naylor has suggested.there are other targets both domestic and european. Interestingly Naylor said early on he velieved Calleri to be the number one target

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I said this back in October, I'm worried we are putting all our chips in one basket for him and judging by all the press releases.

We are doing just that, if Inter Milan aren't willing to negotiate with Boca and his third party ownership.

Then why are we even bothering?!

Surely we could go for more realistic targets then Calleri, such as Jordan Rhodes or even better McCormack from Fulham?!

I'm not holding out much hope for this, and it feels like it will drag on throughout this January window!

Surprise, surprise.........

Because we have a chance.

We know that Tony has at least met the chairman of the Stellar Group third party ownership in the past. Anymore is speculation.

Maybe Inter don't have the same contacts... ???

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Because his third party ownership is owned by and British based investment group, run by Bloom's mate.

I wasn't going to speculate as to the extent of this, but they do know each other.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Because we have a chance.

We know that Tony has at least met the chairman of the Stellar Group third party ownership in the past. Anymore is speculation.

Maybe Inter don't have the same contacts... ???

I'm not saying we don't have a chance, I'm more concerned that his agent is playing hardball with us, and just wants to get more money for his client.

How much more are we willing to pay him, after this latest offer?!

That is the question!!!

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
I said this back in October, I'm worried we are putting all our chips in one basket for him and judging by all the press releases.

We are doing just that, if Inter Milan aren't willing to negotiate with Boca and his third party ownership.

Then why are we even bothering?!

Surely we could go for more realistic targets then Calleri, such as Jordan Rhodes or even better McCormack from Fulham?!

I'm not holding out much hope for this, and it feels like it will drag on throughout this January window!

Surprise, surprise.........

I'm with you on this. I almost feel that, given the time it's dragged on for, it will be a bit of an anticlimax if he does sign, and possibly without the excitement when Leo signed. I'm also worried that he isn't really enthusiastic to join us and that this might be reflected in how he plays (I'm very happy to be proved wrong, of course). I'm not at all enthusiastic about Bolanos, who I think is too slight, and will not be up to the rigours of the Championship. I think you're right on the type of striker we should be looking to sign too. One barrier that is often put forward to our signing a home-grown striker is wages. However, if we are prepared to pay a player €40,000 per week (and this is the thing that frightens me; I can't see Tony Bloom being happy if that sort of detail has been released), then surely some of the strikers mentioned are not that far out of our reach.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Possible 17:00 announcement by Boca ?

82905ad90f5541a56e639132357b98ae.jpg

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I'm with you on this. I almost feel that, given the time it's dragged on for, it will be a bit of an anticlimax if he does sign, and possibly without the excitement when Leo signed. I'm also worried that he isn't really enthusiastic to join us and that this might be reflected in how he plays (I'm very happy to be proved wrong, of course). I'm not at all enthusiastic about Bolanos, who I think is too slight, and will not be up to the rigours of the Championship. I think you're right on the type of striker we should be looking to sign too. One barrier that is often put forward to our signing a home-grown striker is wages. However, if we are prepared to pay a player €40,000 per week (and this is the thing that frightens me; I can't see Tony Bloom being happy if that sort of detail has been released), then surely some of the strikers mentioned are not that far out of our reach.

40k a week? Wheres that from. The figure quoted earlier converted to around 14k

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here