Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cuffs (new crime drama set in Brighton)

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I was really hoping this was going to be good but it's got progressively worse. Tonight's was cringeworthy and does nothing for the fine people of Brighton & Hove.

Cold Gettin Dumb

Jan 31, 2013
The old lady on the bluebell railway line was the worst scene I've ever seen on telly. Truly appalling

This...
I said the same to my wife.
Ridiculous scene. Impossible to buy into the dilemma portrayed. Especially the post event 'ticking off back at the station.'
Next worst scene was the free runner sequence, culminating with the 'gay son snog discovery'.

Cold Gettin Dumb

Jan 31, 2013
If this is the best the Beeb can do on a prime time slot, then it doesn't bode well for them.
This drama would have looked bad on a crap cable station.

D

Deleted member 22389

I will have you know South Sussex Police are at the forefront of crime.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I am not sure if I would watch it if I wasnt shouting out thats ''such and such' at every scene, however it does kinda reflect what much of Brighton is all about, gay, slightly weird and drugs.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I am not sure if I would watch it if I wasnt shouting out thats ''such and such' at every scene, however it does kinda reflect what much of Brighton is all about, gay, slightly weird and drugs.

Kinda, yes. But it presents 50 percent of people as gay, slightly weird and on drugs. Wheras it's nearer 40.

More objectionable is that 60 percent of the accents are northern.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
The old lady on the bluebell railway line was the worst scene I've ever seen on telly. Truly appalling
Why was everyone panicking about stepping on the railway line, it was a bl**dy steam line, so no electric rail to tread on.

It was like a poor man's remake of The Railway Children, substituting hi-viz jacket for petticoat!

Oh and while I am at it, what were the two Brighton coppers doing 16 miles away on the Bluebell railway. If the show is supposed to be about Brighton based police then they should stick to Brighton based locations, surely!

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
I've been forced to watch it by Mrs Narly. Whilst elements of it are good, it is f*cking depressing. I'm not sure how much unhappiness I can take in an hour tv show. It ticks all the right boxes for a continued police soap opera, rather than a police/crime procedural, and for that very reason I will be knocking it on the head very soon I'm sure.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Wasn't too bad last night, bit more police action.

Although whoever was in charge of continuity needs to be sacked, the van which the villains where in with the stolen ATM crashes into the chiefs car in the car park, and the front of the van is damaged, but when they catch up with the villains at the farm, no damage to the van at all.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think the series has got progressively better, I just caught up with 3 episodes this week.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
It's certainly dealing with some pretty heavy subject matter. Production values pretty poor but it's not a compltely terrible watch.

Oh alright I like it.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Although whoever was in charge of continuity needs to be sacked, the van which the villains where in with the stolen ATM crashes into the chiefs car in the car park, and the front of the van is damaged, but when they catch up with the villains at the farm, no damage to the van at all.

Yes spot on, I noticed that.
When the police were waiting to raid the farm buildings I thought they had the wrong place, the pick up truck outside the farm was not damaged at all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here