Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Labour party and anti-Semitism

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Ok , i knew hed come up with somebody else's crap excuse.

Someone had to, otherwise the discussion on a forum would be as dull as hell.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Positive discrimination as a method for addressing imbalances is always going to cause arguments. It's a hotbed.

Personally, I feel it's a shot in the arm needed. That said, it doesn't feel fair to those that feel they are - and are in the short-term - losing.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
The Times.

Labour said: ‘The basic price of a conference pass is the same for all members but, at the request of our East Midlands Regional Board,

the party will subsidise part of the cost of this year’s conference pass for BAME members to encourage attendance and improve representation.” :facepalm:

The problem is that when the Labour Party talks about representation these days, it’s never rooted in the working class. If it was the rich and privileged Labour Party members of which there are legions these days would subsidise the less wealthy and less privileged members regardless of race.

In its current construct those wealthy and privileged types like Keith Vaz, Diane Abbott and Sadiq Khan, who have enough money to send their children to private schools pay less than other working class labour members.

Of course it may be that demographically the white British working class are in such decline that they are no longer the priority that they once were.......it would certainly explain Labour’s preference for a completely free labour market.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
The Times.

Labour said: ‘The basic price of a conference pass is the same for all members but, at the request of our East Midlands Regional Board,

the party will subsidise part of the cost of this year’s conference pass for BAME members to encourage attendance and improve representation.” :facepalm:
How racist!!... they are making unsubstantiated assumptions that all BAME are poor.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Positive discrimination as a method for addressing imbalances is always going to cause arguments. It's a hotbed.

Personally, I feel it's a shot in the arm needed. That said, it doesn't feel fair to those that feel they are - and are in the short-term - losing.
Discrimination of any sort is discrimination and should not be promoted

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Discrimination of any sort is discrimination and should not be promoted

And that's why it is always going to cause arguments. However, sometimes you have to force a reset. For example, I'm sure we all agree that men and women should be paid the same based on merit, but the system has not addressed that because it is institutionally biased.

I agree that discrimination - positive or negative - is unfair. But what are the means to the ends.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Mildly amusing that Breitbart, Daily Mail, Andrew Bridgen and some poor white downtrodden snowflakes on here are so up in arms that they'll have to pay slightly more to go to a Jeremy Corbyn rally.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Mildly amusing that Breitbart, Daily Mail, Andrew Bridgen and some poor white downtrodden snowflakes on here are so up in arms that they'll have to pay slightly more to go to a Jeremy Corbyn rally.

Im glad you find racism amusing , are you bame or are you one of those effete white saps who bend down and grab their ankles at the merest glance from an ethnic ?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
At best - Its a very odd way of promoting diversity in politics;
At worst - Discriminating against certain groups. Reduce the price for all if you want to encourage those that can least afford. What next? Different price for men than women; different prices for those of different religions?
I love a classic 'what next?'. Very good.

Recently it could be mostly seen in the context of, "What next? HR pulls me in because I said my female colleague looked nice today?"

No Dave, that's not what will happen.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Im glad you find racism amusing , are you bame or are you one of those effete white saps who bend down and grab their ankles at the merest glance from an ethnic ?

Yeah, that's not what "racism" is.

Racism is not simply prioritising a race (in this case, to promote attendance). It is prioritising a group because you hold the belief that that race is superior.

But still, carry on.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I knew you'd come up with a crap excuse

Must be gutting for your mob, not only does Brexit mean you won't be getting rid of all the brown people like you'd hoped, now they're giving them subsidised entry into a conference you have no interest in attending and doesn't affect anyone in anyway whatsoever except perhaps more people attend. Why don't you pop down there and rub one of them for luck.

Now do excuse me, my teacups' rattling.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Seems reasonable enough. They're not charging less, they're subsidising the fee. Some elements of this country really have got very nasty since the referendum. Although I suspect some always were.

I hear that this Christmas the word Christmas is banned and nobody will be allowed to win at Sports days anymore.

Have you ever considered not being an idiot for a while?

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Must be gutting for your mob, not only does Brexit mean you won't be getting rid of all the brown people like you'd hoped, now they're giving them subsidised entry into a conference you have no interest in attending and doesn't affect anyone in anyway whatsoever except perhaps more people attend. Why don't you pop down there and rub one of them for luck.

Now do excuse me, my teacups' rattling.

Youre confusing me with your thick as shit relatives , why on earth would i think that brexit would reduce immigration from sub saharan africa and the indian subcontinent ?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Positive discrimination worked for white people for centuries. People of colour have it a few years, and the permanently offended lose their shit haha

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here