Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] UKIP Last out turn off the light.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
The smart money would also have a covering bet on Diane Abbott and a link to an article on The Guido Fawkes blog site too.

Says Mr .... Stong and Stable, Conservative and Unionist party, Amber Rudd obsessive, Class warrior , Private School, Mogg, MoS Bingo! :p

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Says Mr .... Stong and Stable, Conservative and Unionist party, Amber Rudd obsessive, Class warrior , Private School, Mogg, MoS Bingo! :p

Actually why you're here - Are The UKIP NEC also extremist, undemocratic loons, as The Liberal Democrats are according to you, for changing their minds about their current leader and ignoring the democratic will of the majority who elected him?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Actually why you're here - Are The UKIP NEC also extremist, undemocratic loons, as The Liberal Democrats are according to you, for changing their minds about their current leader and ignoring the democratic will of the majority who elected him?

Eh .. I haven't mentioned their leadership changes ? The Lib Dems are undemocratic loons for ignoring the referendum result putting their argument/case to the country and coming nowhere in the General Election but still arguing we should ignore the previous votes/keep asking the question until they get an answer they want.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Eh .. I haven't mentioned their leadership changes ? The Lib Dems are undemocratic loons for ignoring the referendum result putting their argument/case to the country and coming nowhere in the General Election but still arguing we should ignore the previous votes/keep asking the question until they get an answer they want.

I didn't say you had, I was just wondering if the 'undemocratic loons' tag that The Liberal Democrats have from you could also be applied to UKIP's NEC in this case, as this is a UKIP thread?

Is there any chance of your ascertaining your views on the blanks below for future reference, as I can't recall them off the top of my head?

Labour - Marxist, Terrorist sympathising, loons.
SNP -
Liberal Democrats - Undemocratic loons.
DUP -
Sinn Fein -
Plaid Cymru -
Green -

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
That is so wrong. How can the UK be called a democracy in a situation like that?

A failing in our first past the post system. When a proportional representation system was used ( in the Euro elections) ... UKIP came first with 4.3 million votes/27% vote share, 24 representatives.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley

I thought that was the basis of our democratic system - the people vote one way and the “opposition” argue against the decision - the people vote again and there may or may not be a “change of mind”.

Have it your way and we’d have a one party government.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Two years ago this party forced a vote on leaving the EU.
Yesterday they voted 14 - 1 to get rid of their leader, he is the 1 by the way, but he wont go.
Today 8 more have left the party.
As of Wednesday they may be renamed the
United Kingdom Independent Person.
No doubt that they did change this country, whether for good or bad, but surely the time has come for the party to call it a day, job done.

They are now a party without a purpose. They achieved what they set out to do. Surely there can't be a UK Independence Party when the country is actually independent? They should call it a day and put their feet up with a mug of Ovaltine and a copy of the Daily Mail.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I thought that was the basis of our democratic system - the people vote one way and the “opposition” argue against the decision - the people vote again and there may or may not be a “change of mind”.

Have it your way and we’d have a one party government.

The basis of our democratic system - the electorate vote in free and fair elections and the will of the majority is enacted.

The losing side insisting we should have another go, best of 3? is a new concept and not very democratic.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I didn't say you had, I was just wondering if the 'undemocratic loons' tag that The Liberal Democrats have from you could also be applied to UKIP's NEC in this case, as this is a UKIP thread?

Is there any chance of your ascertaining your views on the blanks below for future reference, as I can't recall them off the top of my head?

Labour - Marxist, Terrorist sympathising, loons.
SNP - Scottish Marxist undemocratic loons
Liberal Democrats - Undemocratic loons.
DUP - Shouty, Irish, unforgiving, undemocratic, possibly ex-terrorist (some of them), loons
Sinn Fein - Slightly less shouty, Irish, unforgiving,undemocratic, ex-terrorist, loons
Plaid Cymru - Welsh, undemocratic, previously fire-raising, loons
Green - smiley, happy, clappy, not-of-this-planet, undemocratic loons

:moo:

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
The basis of our democratic system - the electorate vote in free and fair elections and the will of the majority is enacted.

The losing side insisting we should have another go, best of 3? is a new concept and not very democratic.

There have been numerous examples of a government falling to a vote of no confidence called by the “losers”.

How long do we have to wait according to your system before it will be ok to call for another vote?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

Really, perhaps you should cast your mind back to the 1975 referendum and the comments of Enoch Powell after the result was known, and his interview with Robin Day

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
There have been numerous examples of a government falling to a vote of no confidence called by the “losers”.

How long do we have to wait according to your system before it will be ok to call for another vote?

A government that has been formed fulfilling the initial democratic mandate.

Well, we've already had a general election which endorsed the referendum result.

After the Brexit referendum and General election, mandates have been enacted.

Hypothetically speaking If we had been outside the EU and a referendum had been held to join (join wins) would you have supported an immediate rerun before we joined?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
There's no need for the 'possibly' qualifier with the DUP. You also missed out deeply homophobic which I find a tad odd seeing as there were a fair few gay loyalist terrorists back in the day.

Fair point - forgot about that.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
They should have pulled the shutters down last summer. Mission accomplished. Oh no, they got ideas above their station instead. The 3 week leader, the fight, the Harry Enfield leader. Its the Goon Show.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here