Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Ran the 4th leg of the East Sussex cross country league at black cap lewes yesterday, 5.4 miles of pure racing for the club. Beautiful morning and great camaraderie. Decent performance and knee brace working well, (7:42 min mile ave). Now to start on longer runs for first half marathon.

Great off road pace. Have you had your knee assessed? Jesus says don't run with a brace..........

I get what you're all saying about a speed session in my training - and I'll do my best - but it's the time I (don't) have to dedicate to it. The swimming and cycling should help a bit in terms of strength to push on a bit though.

Talking of pushing on, I didn't in any way, shape or form this morning. Chatting with [MENTION=26634]Simgull[/MENTION], @Ninga Elephant and [MENTION=15605]knocky1[/MENTION] sowed the seed of some hills so I did the Snakey-Woodlands (both bits) double. I still 'ran' up all the hills, but averaged over 10/min miles over half marathon distance...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

10" mile pace on a hilly run is good enough for me.
Now you've done that, next time you can run up through Hangleton first and after Snakey go down Valley Drive and up [MENTION=26634]Simgull[/MENTION] s Peacock Lane to Ditchling Road. Just got back from it 11 miles also at 10" mile pace. No pace for me the next few months just hills.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I did 15 miles on Sunday, time was not important was out to enjoy and keep the mileage up. Did the first 6 miles with some fellow West Hoathly runners, when they turned for home, I went the opposite way. Was please to increase the speed from miles 6-11 and then happy with the final few miles which are pretty much all up hill. I have a weekly target of 22 miles so ticked that off, have a few to make up from early January as was feeling rather poop!

https://www.strava.com/activities/1356499101

Still planning to try and get some decent park runs in this year, will possibly look to do Preston Park this Saturday before Chelsea but not definite yet. My main goal at the moment is to prepare for the Brighton Marathon and my initial target of sub 4.20 (need to find 8 minutes). Also linking this in to my other big goal of lose one stone in 2018!

Good speed endurance session that [emoji106][emoji106] Losing a stone will easily find you the 8 minutes, all things being equal.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Just had best feeling during a run for years. Had to rein my legs in. From experience this is going one of two ways: best year for a while or injury.............

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
2 days stretching for me. MCL ligament in inner knee started to show itself on turning yesterday afternoon. From force of downhill running. Think I've got it in time. Almost gone this morning. The hips seem to be the source of the problem. These exercises, sitting cross legged and work on quads and thighs. May help [MENTION=5947]seaford[/MENTION] Strider?
Parkrun Saturday not wearing the new trainers.

b6cf37bfda8239178a3dd555d7f67158--knee-ligaments-knee-injury.jpg

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
2 days stretching for me. MCL ligament in inner knee started to show itself on turning yesterday afternoon. From force of downhill running. Think I've got it in time. Almost gone this morning. The hips seem to be the source of the problem. These exercises, sitting cross legged and work on quads and thighs. May help [MENTION=5947]seaford[/MENTION] Strider?
Parkrun Saturday not wearing the new trainers.

View attachment 93145
Fingers crossed it'll be ok. I've got a pain in my heel. I've looked at the symptoms for the dreaded PF and I don't think it's that because it's right on the sole of my foot, right in the middle (but I might be wrong). Might try some different (daytime) trainers as it's got worse since I switched to some different ones last week.

Also, no running as I'm hoping resting it will help too. Either way, probably not the best build-up to Dark Star in a week and a bit [emoji53]

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Fingers crossed it'll be ok. I've got a pain in my heel. I've looked at the symptoms for the dreaded PF and I don't think it's that because it's right on the sole of my foot, right in the middle (but I might be wrong). Might try some different (daytime) trainers as it's got worse since I switched to some different ones last week.

Good luck. Ice every 2-3 hours, ibuprofen, pf stretches won't do any harm, foot and toes manipulation and golf ball rolling underfoot???
I need you for the Moyleman! Although thinking of it could I have your pizza and pint of Harvey's if you DNS?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Early run today to avoid the rain. Cricket recorded. 14 LSD to Dyke via Snakey and Withdean had to have Withdean taken out as legs were suffering from hilly week. Had to settle on a failed 11. Need to get a 15 under the belt next Sunday but happy with progress.
Good to briefly see Mr Blobby at Hove Park gathering yesterday even if he was on the way to the pub at 9.30am.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Managed a slow five miler along the front without any injury reaction which was nice. Also nice getting cheered on by a couple of familiar faces!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Up and down the riverbank to Bramber this morning. Rain set in on the return leg - very muddy underfoot...
51f8295d9aadab3d331f5fb3fe8247fe.jpg

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
13 mile steady out and back along sea front in the rain/drizzle- definitely a ‘get it done’ run.

3 weeks to Worthing Half - looking forward to an event after several weeks of training runs.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Up and down the riverbank to Bramber this morning. Rain set in on the return leg - very muddy underfoot...

Wow! I really like that run but I only tend to do it in the summer. I'd have landed in that at least three times.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Wow! I really like that run but I only tend to do it in the summer. I'd have landed in that at least three times.
I nearly went about three times when a planted foot slipped into the path of the other one. Dark Star marathon next weekend and this is the first section! I can't see it being any better than this so I thunk the key is just to embrace the mud and puddles...

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

There are parts of the Darkstar that are WAY worse than that [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Went up on the SDW for a little plod this morning, was snowing most of the time and bloody freezing. Also never seen it as soggy as it is now. Even the usual drier bits are sopping.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
There are parts of the Darkstar that are WAY worse than that [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Went up on the SDW for a little plod this morning, was snowing most of the time and bloody freezing. Also never seen it as soggy as it is now. Even the usual drier bits are sopping.
Oh, I know that. The pic was just after one of the 'smaller' big puddles [emoji23]

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Jay offered to ‘squeeze me in’.

Nah, you’re alright thanks. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
Lightweight [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

penny's harmonica

Jan 30, 2012
I got caught in 2 minds as to whether to wait for the temperature to go up or go out before the rain came. In the end I got cold and wet but managed a steady 13 miles. Runs like that make dry January a real slog. I could destroy a Harvey's right now

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here