Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Tonight's CUP Replays

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
They are allowed to move now

One step rule now then is it? Forgive my ignorance then, I hadn't realised. Just assumed they all move anyway and refs rarely order a retake as a result, same as it ever was.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Why have the new rules of taking two pens at a time suddenly been scrapped?

I think it's just being trialled in the Carabao Cup domestically.

I suppose now we're going to get days of tedious debate about VAR being hopeless (thanks in part to Shearer & Co's hysterical over-reaction to the Willian incident. Very poor). Personally thought Morata was a bit unfortunate to be booked for diving, though it wasn't a penalty. Willian debatable - seemed to be looking for contact. And debatable means the on-field ref's decision stands.

Overall if VAR means a referee will be emboldened like that to take brave decisions even against the bigger clubs - knowing they can be corrected if necessary - I'm all for it.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
In case any of you didn't recognise the small and strangely bouffanted pundit tonight, this is what he used to look like
zola_2573141b.jpg

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I think it's just being trialled in the Carabao Cup domestically.

I suppose now we're going to get days of tedious debate about VAR being hopeless (thanks in part to Shearer & Co's hysterical over-reaction to the Willian incident. Very poor). Personally thought Morata was a bit unfortunate to be booked for diving, though it wasn't a penalty. Willian debatable - seemed to be looking for contact. And debatable means the on-field ref's decision stands.

Overall if VAR means a referee will be emboldened like that to take brave decisions even against the bigger clubs - knowing they can be corrected if necessary - I'm all for it.

Morata's dive was more blatant than Willian's.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
So, will the two sent off players be banned on Saturday? Was VAR used? I'm surprised there are no comments on this on this thread. :facepalm:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Gary Linekers closing comment :

“So far so good, Chelsea are through, goodnight”

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Gary Linekers closing comment :

“So far so good, Chelsea are through, goodnight”

To paraphrase Spike Milligan: The snivelling little shit.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here