Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Emiliano Sala [signed by Cardiff, confirmed to have been on missing aircraft]

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
We wouldn't be the first club to yo-yo between the PL and the Championship while waiting for some prospects to mature and while its risky, at least its a plan.

1. I don't see too many clubs regularly yo-yoing between the Prem and Championship.
2. If you look at the behaviour of other club chairman they seem willing to do almost anything to avoid the drop. No one is employing the yo-yo tactic as a means to an end.

That said, if any club could yo-yo it's way to success it's the Albion. The infrastructure is there, we are stable, 4 seasons out of 5 we finished top 6 of the Championship , you'd expect decent players to come to us now knowing the club can get promotion, and we're unlikely to spunk all our money on useless waster signings.

There's also a lot going for following a yo-yo side. Every season either promotion glory or relegation dogfight does tick quite a few boxes.

Renegade

Nov 24, 2017
Can't see Soton letting him go with Austin out injured

Depends if they sign another striker.They don't seem to be playing him much so why not sell.
He's got goals in him without a doubt.I was told by a Southampton fan they wanted to sell all their strikers infact.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
1. I don't see too many clubs regularly yo-yoing between the Prem and Championship.
2. If you look at the behaviour of other club chairman they seem willing to do almost anything to avoid the drop. No one is employing the yo-yo tactic as a means to an end.

That said, if any club could yo-yo it's way to success it's the Albion. The infrastructure is there, we are stable, 4 seasons out of 5 we finished top 6 of the Championship , you'd expect decent players to come to us now knowing the club can get promotion, and we're unlikely to spunk all our money on useless waster signings.

There's also a lot going for following a yo-yo side. Every season either promotion glory or relegation dogfight does tick quite a few boxes.

Burnley and WBA did it in recent times although I agree its not really a plan. What I meant really was accepting building incrementally with prospects while trying to address our deficiencies rather than shit or bust on a 5th choice long shot who may not work. Plan A would clearly be getting someone of quality in right now as I don't think we are that far short of a team who could survive but a goalscorer is essential to that aim and it looks like we cannot get our 1st choices in this window. Do we accept that we might go in return for buying potential rather than a journeyman? Of course the trick is identifying which is which :lolol:

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
I though money would rear its head, and I understand why.

I guess I cling in the hope that a player wants to be here for the football not the money and will stand by us if we go down.

This player thinks the writing is on the wall for Brighton, and that I do understand, who wants to up heave what country you live in to play in a division that had they been in the championship in the first place you would have said no straight away.

It's quite bizarre really to think what a win at WBA might have done to our chances of signing a / a better striker

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
And once we get relegated which is very likely?

If you think we are going to relegated even if we sign a couple of forward players then what's the point ?

TB might as well keep his money in his pocket..

You can give up if you like but I certainly won't be and neither will TB, he has not spent 300 million to go down with a wimper.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
You can give up if you like but I certainly won't be and neither will TB, he has not spent 300 million to go down with a wimper.

I went to West Brom...we were absolute "wimper"....
Knew we would not win many games but the manner of defeat from every single player is what has caused this week's meltdown.

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
Shame he's not coming as I had the song written and ready to go. Altogether now...

Sala!
Oh Solly, Solly,
We've got Schelotto
And Izquierdo...

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Blimey, it's taken a fair few days, but this is the fella I was thinking of at the start of the week.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
In what way were you thinking about him?

Just another player for the Not Much Imagination Crew to salivate over, a la Delaney, as potential singings who I will boo for not being a surprise.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
seasons not even over yet and the bell ends are at it ffs........ffs......ffs.......i love this place and hate it all at the same time .

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here