Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fridays friendly

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Might say a lot about Knockeart's injury? and the bad tackle on March in the first half.

Just my own observation, but it looked like Albion were the antagonists in the match, bullying their way through the game.
F95 had enough and just did the same back.

Maybe just me though.

-----

Bong totally inconsistent.
Was incredibly average, bordering on shit.
10 minutes later, played a blinding 10 minutes.

burnee54

East Upper Hermit
Sep 1, 2011
up the downs
Well, good work on the counter from Murphy and Bong but if young Sanchez is going to break through he really needs to work on his distribution, two clearences both to the team playing in white. Shouldn't be that difficult to pick out one of his team mates in all black? Impressed with Maenpaa though, looked solid.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Bong!!!

Lost control of the ball three times for a throw in........

Murphy agree with. Thought Norwood was ok, as were the CBs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you kidding me?

He had a couple of poor touches (both on his right) which can be attributed to being rusty.

Didn't notice the buildup to either of our goals then I take it?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Second best for almost the whole of the match, and we stroll out 2-0 winners.......................the PL should be a doddle!

At least we know the 2nd. XI do know how to break fast.

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Crutches and protective boot could mean absolutely nothing. Probably just want to make sure he's fully protected before they can do proper medical analysis.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Are you kidding me?

He had a couple of poor touches (both on his right) which can be attributed to being rusty.

Didn't notice the buildup to either of our goals then I take it?

More than a couple, also got caught ball watching that gave them chances. Presumably you didn't watch the whole of the second half

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Crutches and protective boot could mean absolutely nothing. Probably just want to make sure he's fully protected before they can do proper medical analysis.
Yup, could be completely precautionary. Didn't see the incident so no idea what happened....

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Bischofshofen

Austria.JPG

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
They had a chance in the second half? You're right I must have missed them.

Fair enough.

Not saying Bong was awful, just wasn't the pick of the players for me. Surely those were Murphy and Maennpa. He was okay, but just that IMO, no better than Rosenoir. I actually felt Norwood and Uwe also played better and Gross in the first half...... All opinions.

As for the second goal, again if Norwood that doesn't win the 50/50 we don't score, that was the key assist for me.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Just my own observation, but it looked like Albion were the antagonists in the match, bullying their way through the game.

Maybe just me though.

-----

Felt Sidwell started leaving the boot in later on, but I think protagonists is a bit strong, he was merely reacting to the over-physical approach by the Germans. Perhaps I am biased.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

Maybe just me though.

-----

Fair do's It didn't have my full attention tbh.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Fair enough.

Not saying Bong was awful, just wasn't the pick of the players for me. Surely those were Murphy and Maennpa. He was okay, but just that IMO, no better than Rosenoir. I actually felt Norwood and Uwe also played better and Gross in the first half...... All opinions.

As for the second goal, again if Norwood that doesn't win the 50/50 we don't score, that was the key assist for me.

Hunemeier did alright, one mistake but most sharp out the CBs IMO. Thought Bong was good other than some poor touches. Gross looks a tidy player agreed. Solly and Murphy pick of the bunch and a very nice finish from both him and Tomer.

Norwood - I just don't know, he spent most of the half finding Maenpaa and losing out physically. He did win a header much to my surprise and the 50/50 you mention in the lead up so I guess he did alright. Skalak and Towell were poor as were a handful in the first half.

MotM to Sidwell for a couple of 'reducers' which were rather satisfying. Dirty ****s.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here