Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
You obviously don't understand what you were originally posting, however in any context, to hope a poster suffers from child abuse because they had a joke about you being a Mail reader really is unacceptable. Nowhere in your 'explanation' have you explained why you posted the offensive reply. If someone that has a joke about being a Mail reader makes you that angry that you post that sort of bile I would recommend that you get a some form of anger management of refrain from posting!

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
First of all having just got home from Watford may I offer a most sincere apology for any offense that this has caused but please let me explain.

I was told by my son that his boss, a Daily Mail reader, pointed out about the fact that the paper had highlighted that on I phones the location services gives detailed inormation as to the whereabouts and time that the phone has been at that address. It showed that my wife was at her sisters in Worthing for 3 hours on Wednesday and every place that she visited while out shopping yesterday. Also prior to my son arriving to drive to Watford she had been in the bank for 13 minutes this morning. My immediate thought was of my 12 year old grand daughter if it showed on her phone that she was at the park today and had been for 10 minutesn and on other days that she was there for usually about 1hr 30 mins it is safe to assume that she may well be there for another 1 hour today. This would allow some undesirable to go to the said park and seek her out, and who knows do whatever. All I was doing was warning people who didnt know about this, in fact every one of my relatives who I told of it, that this could happen and was available to anybody who wished to use it were unaware of it. I did say that it would be old hat to some phone nerds, one of my nephews is such but he didnt know about this, but if it saved 1 person suffering because of it, it was worth mentioning. The first poster after me poo pood it for no other reason that it was in The Daily Mail. This annoyed me as I was trying to inform perons who didnt know about it,my good deed for the day and it was thrown back in my face for no good reason.

As I said if I upset anybody please accept my apologies and in hindsight it was inappropriate for me to post, in anger, what I did. I would point out that I have told about 12 people about this all with children with I phones, mostly young girls, and none knew of it and thanked me for the warning and removed it. It is apparently a gliche in the Apple softwarre.

I just hope it helps 1 NSC contributor.

Hopefuilly people will accept my action was done in good faith with no malice intended.

Seeing as I was the poster who as you say "poo poo'd" your post it was a lighthearted tongue in cheek post in reference to what I personally felt looked like a typical daily Mail scaremongering story if that offended you please accept my apologies.
Your response however genuinely shocked me, perhaps that is down to me recently becoming a father myself and owing to your username you yourself are a father and indeed grandfather. Some may argue that it was a flippant throwaway comment but owing to the subject matter I would have to disagree.
I generally like your posts and they make me chuckle but in all the years of me posting on here nothing has ever shocked me to the extent that I was with your post earlier today as without you quoting me it seemed as if your heinous comment was aimed directly aimed at me.

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
There is an app called Find my Friends but you both have download it, and have permission from the other person to locate them. It is handy for families to keep in touch.
As Bozza said, the information is not freely available to other people.

Nothing to do with that app it is apparently a mistake in Apple software

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Nothing to do with that app it is apparently a mistake in Apple software

The location services data is not available to just anyone.

You've posted about a subject matter that you've clearly got no clue about and, when challenged, responded with quite frankly the most offensive comment I've ever seen on NSC.

Most of your posts are utter drivel, but this thread and that comment in particular make me wish you'd piss off and not come back.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Seeing as I was the poster who as you say "poo poo'd" your post it was a lighthearted tongue in cheek post in reference to what I personally felt looked like a typical daily Mail scaremongering story if that offended you please accept my apologies.
Your response however genuinely shocked me, perhaps that is down to me recently becoming a father myself and owing to your username you yourself are a father and indeed grandfather. Some may argue that it was a flippant throwaway comment but owing to the subject matter I would have to disagree.
I generally like your posts and they make me chuckle but in all the years of me posting on here nothing has ever shocked me to the extent that I was with your post earlier today.[/QUOTE

Sorry to have offended you but I took it that you were insuating that I was some form of idiot believing it because it was in the Daily Mail had it been the Telegraph or Guardian presumably that would have made it truthful. I was trying to perhaps help somebody and dpoing what I thought was the correct thing to do. The remark was made out of annoyance and shouldnt have been made but I hope that you can now accept my motive.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
I generally like your posts and they make me chuckle but in all the years of me posting on here nothing has ever shocked me to the extent that I was with your post earlier today.[/QUOTE

Sorry to have offended you but I took it that you were insuating that I was some form of idiot believing it because it was in the Daily Mail had it been the Telegraph or Guardian presumably that would have made it truthful. I was trying to perhaps help somebody and dpoing what I thought was the correct thing to do. The remark was made out of annoyance and shouldnt have been made but I hope that you can now accept my motive.

How can you even try to justify what you have posted? Even you, who thinks he is never wrong, surely realises you should just be apoligising to pishead without the drivel above. There is no 'motive' for what you wrote. You don't seem to understand the digust felt by the majority of poster's on this thread. Unbelievable!

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere

Quite how you got to me "thinking you were some kind of idiot" I will never know, far worse has I'm sure been banded in your direction over the years. As someone mentioned earlier people get banned on here whilst using a few generic swearwords what you actually said to somebody (me) who made a lighthearted comment was that you hope they become a direct victim of a paedophile purely because I questioned the validity of an article in the bastian of truth the daily bloody mail.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Stop trying to excuse the inexcusable and just get off the thread

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
As I said if I upset anybody please accept my apologies and in hindsight it was inappropriate for me to post, in anger, what I did.

Only in hindsight did you realise that wishing someone to be burgled or a child be molested was inappropriate?

Sorry BG, not good enough for me.
Pretty nasty and tasteless thing to post/think.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My final post on this matter.

I have accepted that I was wrong have offered both the board in general and the poster my profuse apologies for this obvious error in judgement and posting and can do nothing more to begin to excuse it so once again sorry to all.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
My final post on this matter.

I have accepted that I was wrong have offered both the board in general and the poster my profuse apologies for this obvious error in judgement and posting and can do nothing more to begin to excuse it so once again sorry to all.

Translation: "I'm fed up. How dare you not accept my apology!"

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
First of all having just got home from Watford may I offer a most sincere apology for any offense that this has caused but please let me explain.

I was told by my son that his boss, a Daily Mail reader, pointed out about the fact that the paper had highlighted that on I phones the location services gives detailed inormation as to the whereabouts and time that the phone has been at that address. It showed that my wife was at her sisters in Worthing for 3 hours on Wednesday and every place that she visited while out shopping yesterday. Also prior to my son arriving to drive to Watford she had been in the bank for 13 minutes this morning. My immediate thought was of my 12 year old grand daughter if it showed on her phone that she was at the park today and had been for 10 minutesn and on other days that she was there for usually about 1hr 30 mins it is safe to assume that she may well be there for another 1 hour today. This would allow some undesirable to go to the said park and seek her out, and who knows do whatever. All I was doing was warning people who didnt know about this, in fact every one of my relatives who I told of it, that this could happen and was available to anybody who wished to use it were unaware of it. I did say that it would be old hat to some phone nerds, one of my nephews is such but he didnt know about this, but if it saved 1 person suffering because of it, it was worth mentioning. The first poster after me poo pood it for no other reason that it was in The Daily Mail. This annoyed me as I was trying to inform perons who didnt know about it,my good deed for the day and it was thrown back in my face for no good reason.

As I said if I upset anybody please accept my apologies and in hindsight it was inappropriate for me to post, in anger, what I did. I would point out that I have told about 12 people about this all with children with I phones, mostly young girls, and none knew of it and thanked me for the warning and removed it. It is apparently a gliche in the Apple softwarre.

I just hope it helps 1 NSC contributor.

Hopefuilly people will accept my action was done in good faith with no malice intended.
WTF? That large post is concentrating on the reasons for your first post, a post that didn't offend anyone one. So "Hopefuilly people will accept my action was done in good faith with no malice intended" completely misses the point. Your first post was in good faith, and there wasn't much wrong with it. Your second post (you know, the one where you hope someone becomes a victim etc) is the one that shocked people, and that was not made in good faith.

So...
forget all the crap in your post I quoted, understand why your second post was wrong, and apologise for that without caveats.

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
I have read the whole of this thread and I am disgusted by the 'wishing paedophilia on someone' post by BensGrandad. Grow up for goodness sake, man.

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home
How can you even try to justify what you have posted? Even you, who thinks he is never wrong, surely realises you should just be apoligising to pishead without the drivel above. There is no 'motive' for what you wrote. You don't seem to understand the digust felt by the majority of poster's on this thread. Unbelievable!

This. An apology that tries to justify one's actions is no apology at all.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
How Bens Grandad is not serving a ban is beyond me. Other people have served a ban for far less.

Maybe he should self impose a ban for a few weeks.

Cant we wait till the loan window closes, BG is our man in the know on Football Rumours.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The remark was made out of annoyance and shouldnt have been made but I hope that you can now accept my motive.

Out of curiosity, what motive justifies someone's family being on the receiving end of paedophiles, I'd genuinely like to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here