Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Only a Europhile could convince himself that signing a treaty that gives The EU exclusive competence in certain areas to make laws without the need for our parliament and parliament losing these powers, is not really parliament losing these power because all the EU parliaments have a shared loss of these powers also.
Outstanding.

No you pillock, giving those powers to the EU, and being part of the EU means we still get to make those laws, in conjunction with others. Surely even you can understand this?

larus

The Brexitears have had their run at it, failed miserably and now running for the hills. All will be good, extension of hybrid position with EU, then the Tories and their lunatic extreme right wing fringe will get the comeuppance at the next election, then more or less status quo. By then the type of populism that took Trump to power will have dissipated.

Absolute delusion.

Remainers are trying to thwart everything. May, Hammond, Robbins (the **** of a civil servant). All polls point to leavers still wanting to leave and some remainers (more enlightened ones I will accept), who accept the result of the referendum and just see the EU playing dirty. There will be a backlash if this gets watered down as democracy will have been shown to be empty. So, Brexit will happen and Mays ‘plan’ will get kicked into touch and she will eventually have to resign or face a challenge. Next week will be interesting.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
The Brexitears have had their run at it, failed miserably and now running for the hills. All will be good, extension of hybrid position with EU, then the Tories and their lunatic extreme right wing fringe will get the comeuppance at the next election, then more or less status quo. By then the type of populism that took Trump to power will have dissipated.
No we have idiot remainers,The EU and a pathetic weak government that's causing all these problems but isn't that the plan from the bitter losers? How many parliamentary votes do you need to actually get on with what the people voted for?
If we had a strong thorough leader we would be completely out by now !!
The biggest threat to the west is the far left and they must be dismantled ASAP

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
No we have idiot remainers,The EU and a pathetic weak government that's causing all these problems but isn't that the plan from the bitter losers? How many parliamentary votes do you need to actually get on with what the people voted for?
If we had a strong thorough leader we would be completely out by now !!
The biggest threat to the west is the far left and they must be dismantled ASAP

That post doesn't make any sense whatsoever. You start off by seeing the EU is causing most of our problems and end by saying that anti-Brexit parties are a big threat and should be dismantled. Surely, you should be supporting the anti-Brexit movement if you think the EU is such a problem.

You got a touch of sun? You may want to lie down and think that one through a bit

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
No you pillock, giving those powers to the EU, and being part of the EU means we still get to make those laws, in conjunction with others. Surely even you can understand this?

And you finally admit Parliament has had these powers taken away from it...........wasnt hard now was it?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
How is the countries major ****-up going this week? All well?
What a ****ing mess, and as predicted on NSC probably a year ago, Brexiteers are blaming everybody else, earlier than expected tbf.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Am I correct in thinking that if no negotiated agreement is reached in the next 8 months then we will automatically leave the EU with no extension and straight onto WTO rules ?

larus

Am I correct in thinking that if no negotiated agreement is reached in the next 8 months then we will automatically leave the EU with no extension and straight onto WTO rules ?

Yes you are. All of the legislation has been passed in parliament to leave the EU.

There is nothing yet passed to extend this deadline, or to agreee the future relationship. All this time lost by the court case of Gina Miller (“oh, I only want parliament to have a say and not to stop Brexit, really, really, would I lie?”), the HoL, Reaminer rebels etc.

But no, the delays are all down to Brexiteers.

Which Brexiteers are running the negotiations with the EU? (David Davis was being sidelines by TM and Olly Robbins).

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

Yes, but it was reported last week that The EU is preparing for and anticipating a request from us for it to be extended and the legal necessities required are afoot such as including and allowing British MEP's to carry on and stand in next year's European elections. It would require unanimous agreement of all 27 EU governments, as well as The European Parliament, but that's described as being a 'done deal.'

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010

The insecure love the status quo. It reassures them that Big Brother is looking over them and throwing a protective arm around them. They resist challenge and gamble in life. For them its the solid safety first policy. They are not the questioning type. They generally accept what is presented to them. They have never examined the Establishment and the power that they wield and the influence they have on our lives. They don't bother too much about about social change. As long as their own cosy little existence isn't disrupted, they are happy. They tend to be more for self-interest rather than national interest. They fear the unknown. They like everything mapped out. They dislike change.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
And you finally admit Parliament has had these powers taken away from it...........wasnt hard now was it?

You seem to be struggling with English comprehension, I clearly wrote "giving" and somehow you read that "taken"

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
A Johnson (or Rees Mogg or Davis or whoever) lead cabinet would have lost every vote in the commons, with remainer tories joining with Labour, SNP, the Greens and the Lib Dems. The anti-Brexit factions in the establishment would have simply voted down everything - that is why May has had to tread a tight-rope and take a softer line, just to keep enough MPs on board to make a little progress. I'm not happy about that, but that's the real-politik of it.

What should have happened here is the Tories should have made Boris leader, he should have assembled a Brexit cabinet, asserted that 52% of the country had given him a mandate for hard Brexit and negotiated from that position of having a mandate directly from the people. He was the leader of the Leave campaign, it should have been him from the start, and it's been a mess from the time Gove knifed Boris in the back.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
The insecure love the status quo. It reassures them that Big Brother is looking over them and throwing a protective arm around them. They resist challenge and gamble in life. For them its the solid safety first policy. They are not the questioning type. They generally accept what is presented to them. They have never examined the Establishment and the power that they wield and the influence they have on our lives. They don't bother too much about about social change. As long as their own cosy little existence isn't disrupted, they are happy. They tend to be more for self-interest rather than national interest. They fear the unknown. They like everything mapped out. They dislike change.

This status quo has lead the U.K. to its most prosperous state. Ever. And Europe to its most secure and war free period. I will back that compared to the promises of Farage, Boris and the Rees Mogg. All self interested politicians looking for an angle for themselves. Those that are willing to back them and the many false lies are those easily lead, those easily duped

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
What should have happened here is the Tories should have made Boris leader, he should have assembled a Brexit cabinet, asserted that 52% of the country had given him a mandate for hard Brexit and negotiated from that position of having a mandate directly from the people. He was the leader of the Leave campaign, it should have been him from the start, and it's been a mess from the time Gove knifed Boris in the back.

The Brexitear MPs couldn’t even trust each other. They were in it for themselves, not the country, that’s why they both fell out. Neither fit to run the country but let’s see how much of a gamble this Tory Party want to take with their long term future

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

Easy to extend the position we have now with the EU given they won’t want WTO and neither do the majority of MPs. Happy days

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
I’ve answered before that:
1. There does not need to be a border in NI. THere are exceptions in WTO rules for political reasons. Also, if there are plans to negotiate a trade agreement, then there is also a 10 year period allowed without a border. Also, if we tell them we aren’t going to erect border controls, what are they going to do? Really, explain to me what Ireland/EU will do if we say WTO and No Border controls.

2. A lot of paperwork can be done for mamnufactured goods before arriving at the port as is done currently for international shipping. These processes are in place for vast amounts of trade currently. We export more outside of the EU than we do into the EU.

There have been preparations for No Deal in many areas as has now been admitted. I agree that these are not as advanced as they should be (why? - Hammond in the Treasury; another Remaoner trying to thwart Brexit), but it won’t be as bad as Project Fear Part 2 are trying to portray.

What you don’t seem to take on board is that we have been constantly lied to be the establishment/business over the Euro/Brexit. A lot of people now say, “OK, there may be some disruption, but we’ll get through it”. Escaping the cesspool of the EU will be worth a few months of grief. You won’t accept that I know, but being honest, most Brexit voters are totally naffed off with the constant scare stories/lies from the remain camp.

Yes, there may be an extension period, but the Brexiteers are the ones who can now influence more than the remainers as the fall-back is WTO and No Deal.

So apart from the fact that we will be the only country in the world trading only on WTO terms (Mauritania, the other country who were solely on WTO terms has now joined the Economic Community of West African States. As a result, it now has preferential trade arrangements with some 20 WTO members).

We are now going to implement WTO terms with no borders, border controls, customs or processes to manage the terms, because you don't think these are needed. And when the establishment and business tell you different, you don't believe them because they constantly lie.

Even the massive amounts we export outside the EU, we export on the preferred EU terms because we are part of the EU. The processes in place are EU ones, not WTO ones :facepalm:

And there was me thinking TM's Max Fac solution was fantasy :lolol:

astralavi

Apr 6, 2017

and there is always this option

My message to the country this weekend is simple: we need to keep our eyes on the prize,” May wrote on Facebook. “If we don’t, we risk ending up with no Brexit at all.”

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Easy to extend the position we have now with the EU given they won’t want WTO and neither do the majority of MPs. Happy days

They will definitely give an extension as I don't think a few swivel eyed loons committing economic suicide on the EU's borders is in their best interests.

Or maybe that's the Brexiteers new negotiating position. Put in JRM and threaten to stop all imports, exports of goods, services and people on 29th March in and out of Britain. The complete economic and humanitarian disaster on the EU's borders would certainly give them something to think about.

And to be honest, after the last couple of pages of WTO with no borders, customs or processes and Boris should have led us through the whole Brexit, I expect the idea above to be picked up and run with immediately :)

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
So apart from the fact that we will be the only country in the world trading only on WTO terms (Mauritania, the other country who were solely on WTO terms has now joined the Economic Community of West African States. As a result, it now has preferential trade arrangements with some 20 WTO members).

We are now going to implement WTO terms with no borders, border controls, customs or processes to manage the terms, because you don't think these are needed. And when the establishment and business tell you different, you don't believe them because they constantly lie.

Even the massive amounts we export outside the EU, we export on the preferred EU terms because we are part of the EU. The processes in place are EU ones, not WTO ones :facepalm:

And there was me thinking TM's Max Fac solution was fantasy :lolol:

The mistake we Make occasionally is to assume their is evidence based rationality being applied by the extremist brexitears. There isn’t and they are willing to gamble all

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here