Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Palace had their own Fan Zone...

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
And yet.. on the pitch we are the perennial winners. That stings doesnt it.

I probably shouldnt admit this but you and your distinct lack of warmth towards all things Palace, which I have identified over several posts on this board is quite endearing. You are one of my favourites.
You want to watch you don't get a nose bleed being so high up on that horse.

6th season in the prem and only managed to finish above us by 4pts? Better watch the spending this season and try and plug that big hole in midfield. [emoji106]

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
You want to watch you don't get a nose bleed being so high up on that horse.

6th season in the prem and only managed to finish above us by 4pts? Better watch the spending this season and try and plug that big hole in midfield. [emoji106]

Thats the funny thing, at the moment they are weaker than they were at the end of the season. It would be funny if they did sell Townsend as well. In Dougie they trust (blindly).

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Ha ha! Stings? Not in the slightest. You're not perennial winners, you're just spiv cheats who will eventually find their natural place in proceedings.

I think you're missing the point (like all the Palace goons on here). After all the shit we've endured, getting to and staying in the Premier League is absolutely fine for us. Bloody brilliant in fact. You've wasted 100s of millions of pounds to manage to finish just four points above us, and you can't afford it. It's unsustainable. Why is this so difficult to comprehend?

When your house of cards comes tumbling down (and that's when, not if) then we'll see who the "perennial winners" are.

Both teams achieved their goal last season which was staying up.... Oh, no you were going to be top ten and pushing for Europe weren't you? Actually when you look at it logically (tricky for you I know) it's not surprising that we're perfectly happy with how our club is run and where we are. If I were a Palace fan, I'd not be gloating about achieving nothing, I'd be asking serious questions about what the **** is going on with the financial management of my club and it's future.

You carry on being an ostrich though. I'm sure we won't be seeing you on here when the shit hits the fan anyway.

It's the one question I don't know if he or any of them answered:

"Where were you when you were shit?"

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Thats the funny thing, at the moment they are weaker than they were at the end of the season. It would be funny if they did sell Townsend as well. In Dougie they trust (blindly).
The fact is they need to sell to raise funds and shift wages. Someone mentioned a house of cards..

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
The fact is they need to sell to raise funds and shift wages. Someone mentioned a house of cards..

Thats how I understand it. I don't think they are in trouble, just a change of tact. Even when they had money to spend, their last few transfer window weren't great. Infact the January window (Dougies first) they bought 3 players in and I think they made 4 appearances between them.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Thats how I understand it. I don't think they are in trouble, just a change of tact. Even when they had money to spend, their last few transfer window weren't great. Infact the January window (Dougies first) they bought 3 players in and I think they made 4 appearances between them.
Depends what you call "in trouble". I'm not saying they're heading for admin number 3 by any stretch (unless they get relegated). But surely any Premier League club that is technically losing money without selling players (and only has one player "asset" that they could feasibly sell for decent money, possibly) is at best being run very badly.

We don't know if they did have much money to spend in the last couple of windows. Remember that the accounts we've seen are the June 2017 ones. Who knows what state the 2018 ones are in but I don't recall them getting many big fees in for players in the last year.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Depends what you call "in trouble". I'm not saying they're heading for admin number 3 by any stretch (unless they get relegated). But surely any Premier League club that is technically losing money without selling players (and only has one player "asset" that they could feasibly sell for decent money, possibly) is at best being run very badly.

We don't know if they did have much money to spend in the last couple of windows. Remember that the accounts we've seen are the June 2017 ones. Who knows what state the 2018 ones are in but I don't recall them getting many big fees in for players in the last year.

They are expecting to make a loss in the next set of accounts. We have basically swapped situations with them. Their American owners are going to have to put a few hundred million into the club if they want Selhurst park done (not just 1 stand), It seems like they have just bought goals in Beckenham for their Academy. Estimates are in the region of £10m just to buy it and buy out the contracts of other businesses on the site. Say £30-£40m to build the academy. Ofcourse they are doing it with real shares in Palace and we done it with fake shares.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Have I missed the palace post along the lines of:-

'yeah but whatabout the time it rained in Brighton'. :shrug:

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
... (and only has one player "asset" that they could feasibly sell for decent money, possibly) is at best being run very badly.

If you mean Winifred, good use of the word 'possibly'. Given his failure at ManUre and recent declarations of wanting to stay where he is, he would be a high risk purchase.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
If you mean Winifred, good use of the word 'possibly'. Given his failure at ManUre and recent declarations of wanting to stay where he is, he would be a high risk purchase.

Yes, that was the point of the "possibly". :)

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
why didnt you sell out the athletics track?

Always makes me laugh, this one.

Palace fans genuinely believe that their support is so MASSIVE, so HUGE, so LEGENDARY that they'd actually be queuing round the block to pack out an open air municipal athletics track in the 4th division, on a wet Tuesday night against Rochdale. They'd have it packed to the RAFTERS, so they would (despite the fact that their ground was always half empty in the Championship). Bring this to their attention, and they'll start bragging about how they've never "sunk to that level" in the league. Bring to their attention that their position in the top 2 divisions was only artificially achieved through then wanton theft of multi-multi-multi millions from their unsecured creditors (twice), and they'll come out with some old mealy-mouthed bollocks about how BHA didn't settle 100% of the £6m owed when the Goldstone was sold.

Delusional whataboutery weasels, the lot of them.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I’m not one to usually post stuff like this, but I couldn’t resist. This looks EPIC

[tweet]1014263221832814597[/tweet]

That is hilarious [emoji23]

Tin, and, indeed, pot...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here