Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Anyone have a second hand fax machine for sale?

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I want a second hand dictophone if anyone has one kicking about (a friend has a filofax still and swears by it so I wanna get her a dictophone as a bday present). (I'm also in the market for a cast off hand me down phone, tight bugger that I have become, I've got into second hand stuff and charity shops there's some amazing clothes and books kicking about for next to nothing, too much wastage and everyone is a winner)

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I've got into second hand stuff and charity shops there's some amazing clothes and books kicking about for next to nothing, too much wastage and everyone is a winner)

In Brighton & Hove charity shops really aren't cheap any more as so many people here trawl through them looking for stuff. Have seen Primark and items from other cheap clothes shops in charity shops priced up higher than they cost new! If you want a real bargain it is church fairs, jumble sales and car boot sales. Also the "kilo sales" some of the second hand shops do occasionally are good for cheap clothes as you pay for the clothes by the kilo (obviously enough given the name!).

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
In Brighton & Hove charity shops really aren't cheap any more as so many people here trawl through them looking for stuff. Have seen Primark and items from other cheap clothes shops in charity shops priced up higher than they cost new! If you want a real bargain it is church fairs, jumble sales and car boot sales. Also the "kilo sales" some of the second hand shops do occasionally are good for cheap clothes as you pay for the clothes by the kilo (obviously enough given the name!).

Yeah I can imagine it being really cool in Brighton and probably some really nice retro stuff. It's not quite like that in Worcester but there are a couple of shops with pretty much brand new clothes (branded if anyone is bothered), 9 - 10 quid for a pair of trousers. Added bonus one of the charitys has a cheap coffee shop with about 20,000 books library style, nice clothes and they cared for my mom wonderfully in her final days makes it a much more palatable place to spend my hard earned

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Sounds a bit obvious, but can't you scan and email whatever document you want to fax ??

With GDPR I believe the fax machine and sending letter by post will increase massively in the coming months - invest in post office and fax machine companies now

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Microsoft Word does it to (at least via Office 2010) via the 'Save and Send' option, then 'Send as Internet Fax'. At work at present so can't check if newer versions are the same.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Would you give just 3 pounds a month to protect a lovely fax machine from becoming extinct , they have been mercilessly hunted down by Ex Japanese whalers with far too much time on their hands to the brink of extinction . Your donation will ensure that in the event you do happen to dial the wrong number you will still be able to hear the high pitched screeching of the fax in vain mating call . You will receive monthly updates via email and a free cuddly snow leopard cub recently poached from its not that bothered mother .

Thank you .

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Would you give just 3 pounds a month to protect a lovely fax machine from becoming extinct , they have been mercilessly hunted down by Ex Japanese whalers with far too much time on their hands to the brink of extinction . Your donation will ensure that in the event you do happen to dial the wrong number you will still be able to hear the high pitched screeching of the fax in vain mating call . You will receive monthly updates via email and a free cuddly snow leopard cub recently poached from its not that bothered mother .

Thank you .

They are certainly running low on numbers! Bloody Japanese...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here