Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex backing down on opposition to STUPID 20/20

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Now I'm no way near as partisan when it comes to cricket compared to football but I do love the game.
I can't imagine having any interest whatsoever in this new nonsense.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Shrugs shoulders. No interest in the new competition it will become our IPL/BB and end up killing the County based Blast.

T20 is consuming cricket, sad times. Very good chance I will not have a membership of any description this year.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Agree with the general sentiments. I have ZERO interest in watching the London Swingers play Manchester Music. Not even on TV and certainly not live at the ground.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I wonder if the 'city based' T20 teams will even have any form of geographical reference in the names. :shrug:

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I don't think I know anyone who watches any of the Indian/ Australian/ West Indian/ whatever tournaments.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
I love cricket, and having never paid much attention to T/20 (thats what we all played during the summer evenings and just called it "evening cricket") I went to watch Middlesex v Surrey last summer....In the words of Catherine Tates Nan...." what a load of ole shxt"

No one really taking any interest in the cricket, all fur coat and no knickers, Cricket is a art and to play a lovely cover drive is a thing of beauty, it was all slog slog slog, you knew the winner after 4 overs of the second innings.

Do I sound like a old duffer ?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I don't think I know anyone who watches any of the Indian/ Australian/ West Indian/ whatever tournaments.

I watch a bit of the BBL on Channel 5 when it's on, only thing worth watching on Saturday mornings. I can see see how fans can attach themselves to a team in that though, this will be different. Imagine going to the Rose Bowl to support a South Coast side! Nah.

The fact that Jim May is quoted in the Argus story as suggesting that Cardiff is in "the West Country", just like Taunton is, tells me that cricket administrators are losing all sense of reality.

SAC

May 21, 2014
I love cricket, and having never paid much attention to T/20 (thats what we all played during the summer evenings and just called it "evening cricket") I went to watch Middlesex v Surrey last summer....In the words of Catherine Tates Nan...." what a load of ole shxt"

No one really taking any interest in the cricket, all fur coat and no knickers, Cricket is a art and to play a lovely cover drive is a thing of beauty, it was all slog slog slog, you knew the winner after 4 overs of the second innings.

Do I sound like a old duffer ?

You do, but it doesn't make you wrong.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
I watch a bit of the BBL on Channel 5 when it's on, only thing worth watching on Saturday mornings. I can see see how fans can attach themselves to a team in that though, this will be different. Imagine going to the Rose Bowl to support a South Coast side! Nah.

Yeah, I watched a bit of BBL when there's nothing else on and Luke Wright's playing - but I'm supporting him not the franchise. I suppose our stars will be 'loaned out' to these new city-based franchises and we get them back when the tournament ends? I could see that being my only point of, very minor, interest.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I wonder if the 'city based' T20 teams will even have any form of geographical reference in the names. :shrug:

The pilot paper suggested 8 teams.....

Leeds Lynx
Manchester Thunder
Newcastle Nitro's
Southern Sixers
Birmingham Blaze
Welsh Dragons
London Leopards
Bristol Bears

...but you may be right, to avoid opposition they could just go with...

Lions
Bears
Thunder
Smashers
Blaze
Pirates
Dragons
Warriors

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills