Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stoke and Copeland Matchday By-election Thread

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
The perfect storm for the Labour party. Nice one Jezza.

UKIP vote collapsed in Copeland.

The PM will enjoy her breakfast croissant this morning.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
Surely Labour MPs in swing seats will have to start another rebellion, it's their seats and potentially their careers on the line if they can't shift Corbyn.

D

Deleted member 22389

You know Labour are desperate when the best Corbyn can do is drag up an ancient video, and I mean ancient of Paul Nuttal talking about the NHS on his twitter feed to try and win votes. Bad turnout, bad results for Labour, nothing will change. I think people are bored.

D

Deleted member 22389

Clearly a huge disappointment for UKIP.

The governing party, the Tories, increased their share of the vote. Only the 6th time since 1970 in a mid-term by-election.

UKIP have already taken the biggest prize, we voted to Leave the EU. I think for some people UKIP have done their job and can't see the point of voting for anyone else now.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Well I got the Tory share of the vote spot on in both, should have stuck with my original prediction of Labour in Stoke.

Can not be underplayed how much of a big F'ing deal last night was in terms of results. Labour holding on in Stoke (STOKE) which is the parties equivalent of Henley-on-Thames against a 25 year old Conservative who didn't try until the last week of the campaign and against UKIP which is clearly a circus can not be classed as a success.

For The Conservatives to win in Copeland is absolutely amazing, for Labour to lose a seat they have held since the 1930's after 7 years of opposition is a disaster for them.

UKIP aren't fit to run a bath, they are finished as are Labour under Corbyn, read this morning that a result from Copeland replicated across the Country would mean another 140 Conservative seats.

The Prime Minister will be very, very happy this morning

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Latest odds in Stoke Labour 2/7 UKIP 5/2 looks like Nutcase will soon join Farage in the amount of unsuccessful attempts to become an MP, shame he will lose the Brussels gravey train too

The best sorry of not a great night. Hopefully the the start of the consignment of the kippers to the political scrap heap.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
The best sorry of not a great night. Hopefully the the start of the consignment of the kippers to the political scrap heap.

But if UKIP voters are horrible right wingers, doesn't that mean they will drift back to the Tories? Not a pleasing prospect for Labour...

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
The only surprise is that 5233 people decided to vote for Nutall despite his campaign which lurched from one lie to another.

However there doesn't seem to be anyone more blind than a UKIP voter.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
But if UKIP voters are horrible right wingers, doesn't that mean they will drift back to the Tories? Not a pleasing prospect for Labour...

The lesser of two evils, unfortunately. On a side note, Nuttal - 'this was what, #72 on our hit list?' Does anyone believe this proven and serial liar?

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
The lesser of two evils, unfortunately. On a side note, Nuttal - 'this was what, #72 on our hit list?' Does anyone believe this proven and serial liar?

How on earth can you accuse others when you won't even answer a simple question from me ? You're a total hypocrite.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Many of them are also 'horrible' ex labour voters. I wonder if the lefties here mind their party receiving votes from people who are ex UKIP as well?

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Are voters changing sides more than in the past I see UKIP work done I see the Tories northern power house Ideas starting to win voters however green and eu issues losing Tory votes in the south. Wales and Scotland Swinging to Nationalist away from Labour. I think politics has become exciting again.
Remember don't moan if you don't vote.
I would still prefer to live in the uk than many other countries in the world especially now we closing in on the Premier Leauge place. Freedom of speech on NSC

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
How on earth can you accuse others when you won't even answer a simple question from me ? You're a total hypocrite.
Labour’s share of vote has dropped in every by-election since EU referendum: Witney -2 %pts, Richmond -9, Sleaford -7, Stoke -2, Copeland -5
Many of them are also 'horrible' ex labour voters. I wonder if the lefties here mind their party receiving votes from people who are ex UKIP as well?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
The only surprise is that 5233 people decided to vote for Nutall despite his campaign which lurched from one lie to another.

However there doesn't seem to be anyone more blind than a UKIP voter.

Over 4million walking around blind. The blind ones were those that took no notice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here