Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dunks red.....

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
You say petulant, I say passionate and determined. He doesn't make all the last ditch game saving tackles by being chilled out and thoughtful. He cares a great deal about our success and plays full on. Sometimes he gets it wrong, as all players like that would. His mistake last night didn't cost us anyway.

Of course it was passionate, a desire to win the ball.

Absolutely nothing petulant in that at all, a little stupid perhaps but not petulant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
You say petulant, I say passionate and determined. He doesn't make all the last ditch game saving tackles by being chilled out and thoughtful. He cares a great deal about our success and plays full on. Sometimes he gets it wrong, as all players like that would. His mistake last night didn't cost us anyway.

Shall we reserve judgment on that, until 5pm on Sunday?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

This

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I am not sure why several posts here mention "getting the ball" - as an ex ref myself, and having checked the rules in case they have changed since I last officiated, there is no mention in the rules of a challenge being OK if you "get the ball". More that a challenge should be penalised if deemed reckless, which I would guess you could quite easily deduce that Dunk's was.

Definite yellow for me...

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent

Didn't cost us last night as the game was dead and buried - but Sunday, now that's a different matter!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Shall we reserve judgment on that, until 5pm on Sunday?
No, you can't have it both ways. If your (one's) blaming him, then you should be happy he's not in the team, not risking us going down to 10 again. If, on the other hand, you think he's great and we really need him, you'd make a post along those lines - eg, 'gutted Dunk is out on Sunday, he's a rock'.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
No, you can't have it both ways. If your (one's) blaming him, then you should be happy he's not in the team, not risking us going down to 10 again. If, on the other hand, you think he's great and we really need him, you'd make a post along those lines - eg, 'gutted Dunk is out on Sunday, he's a rock'.

He's an excellent player who we'd rather was in the side, but will not be, due to this rash tackle - which may prove costly. That's not having it both ways at all.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Dunk is quite possibly the 'dirtiest' player we've ever had going by his record (and accepting you had to knife someone prior to the 90s to get a yellow/death may (may) have been a red.

Loads of bookings! Should be celebrated in song and verse really.

I propose adapting ACDCs famous song to DIRTY DUNK DONE DIRT DEEDS!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I think he deserved to go for two yellows but what really irks me is the delay in the ref making the decision which throws into question whether the fourth official has seen a replay and then advised him or whether he is basing it on the extent of injury, which we have of course seen before. Other than a quick check with both linesman for their opinion, why does he need to take so long. He should be making a decision pretty much straight away, after all, he can't replay the incident accurately in his own mind.

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
I think he deserved to go for two yellows but what really irks me is the delay in the ref making the decision which throws into question whether the fourth official has seen a replay and then advised him or whether he is basing it on the extent of injury, which we have of course seen before. Other than a quick check with both linesman for their opinion, why does he need to take so long. He should be making a decision pretty much straight away, after all, he can't replay the incident accurately in his own mind.

I was thinking the same, I cannot believe that he took or needed that much 'thinking' time and had decided himself that he wasn't going to issue a yellow... there was a substantial delay, plenty long enough for the 4th official to look at the TV replay and get that message across to the Ref...

That's what irked me because video decisions to the best of my knowledge are not allowed and therefore he shouldn't have gone. (However I do agree that it was worthy of a second yellow but just don't think the ref was ever going to issue one of his own volition)

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
No because his one match suspension is his punishment. He can't be punished twice for the same yellow card.

Maybe he realised he was on a yellow, and therefore only four more away from a longer suspension - so, as the game was lost, and no more to lose, took another yellow to go back down to 10 with only one game out? Or is that too cunning?

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
The sad thing about it is that Lewis Dunk is an exceptionally talented footballer with, potentially, a massively lucrative career in front of him.
Accordingly every negative 'event' registers not just with us fans but also with the scouts and agents who, at the end of the day, will report back and say yes he is fine player BUT (a) has a short fuse, (b) cannot identify situations where there is no point in making a dubious challenge, eg where play is away from 'his' own goal OR facing the opposite direction where a heavy challenge would be clearly unnecessary.
Perhaps he needs to spend some time with a sports psychotherapist or whatever.
That said I am gutted that he can't control whatever it is !

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here