Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calderwood to Villa

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
This season is shaping up to be INCREDIBLE, based on what we've seen so far.

The only thing that was stopping this season from being ACTUAL PERFECTION was a lack of Inigo Calderon in the dugout.

That's all.

Can you even IMAGINE?!

Get Calde in and they can start etching our name on the trophy.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Very disappointed in CC, I think he lacks loyalty and I'm sure CH is unhappy about the situation however I don't doubt that Hughton will appointment the right man, which I think will be Paul Trollope.

Would love to see Calderon back however should imagine Trollope will be appointed.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I do get the "he has or might have personal issues " I really do but to be truly honest I don't see the problem in him sharing them with us, he works in the public eye to a degree, I personally would air my laundry dirty or otherwise in his position, unless of course the club or he has something to hide?

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Anyone that doesn't want to stay at the club.....good riddance! Why should we worry. And would he be hard to replace within the current setup, I doubt it.
If Inigo comes back for that job, and brings a sprinter with him, my cup floweth over.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Having mulled over this during the wee small hours if this morning, this is what I think happened:

- AV offer Col a job.
- Col, for whatever reason (new challenge, family, travel, money) thinks this is an attractive proposition and accepts.
- Col tells his bosses, who say "blimey, Col, you pick your moments, we're playing them next week FFS!"
- Under the circumstances, all three parties agree that the right thing to do would be for Col to serve a period of notice until at least after the Villa game (Col out if a sense of loyalty to the club, BHA for obvious reasons, and Villa because they're really quite decent chaps)
- Col understandably is not to have contact with the squad or prematch planning, and so goes on gardening leave
- All three parties agree to keep the matter under wraps to avoid rumour, speculation, and general silly shenanigans
- Story gets leaked
- Club thinks, oh FFS, and puts out minimalist statement
- NSC goes into meltdown

This is what I like to think happened. I think this is what happens in the world of grown ups from time to time. I hope there have been no backroom fallings out and vitriol, nor that CC, who has served the club so well over the years, has suddenly turned into Beelzebub overnight.

Lawro's Lip

Feb 14, 2004
West Kent
Having mulled over this during the wee small hours if this morning, this is what I think happened:

- AV offer Col a job.
- Col, for whatever reason (new challenge, family, travel, money) thinks this is an attractive proposition and accepts.
- Col tells his bosses, who say "blimey, Col, you pick your moments, we're playing them next week FFS!"
- Under the circumstances, all three parties agree that the right thing to do would be for Col to serve a period of notice until at least after the Villa game (Col out if a sense of loyalty to the club, BHA for obvious reasons, and Villa because they're really quite decent chaps)
- Col understandably is not to have contact with the squad or prematch planning, and so goes on gardening leave
- All three parties agree to keep the matter under wraps to avoid rumour, speculation, and general silly shenanigans
- Story gets leaked
- NSC goes into meltdown

This is what I like to think happened. I think this is what happens in the world of grown ups from time to time. I hope there have been no backroom fallings out and vitriol, nor that CC, who has served the club so well over the years, has suddenly turned into Beelzebub overnight.

Sounds very plausible. Timing stinks though.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
OED

" Trollop(e) "....slatternly woman, slut, prostitute.
( Bit of mileage for the geneologists out there )

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea

- AV offer Col a job.
- Story gets leaked
- NSC goes into meltdown

"All three parties agreed". What the hell would this have to do with Villa? None of their business. I hope he's on 3 months notice and we hold him to it.
Bruce can feck off. Can't stand the Fergie wannabe and I hope we smash them even more so tonight now 😡

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
CC gets a new job :shrug:

Someone at Villa leaks the story in the hope of putting BHA off their game. Let's go and batter them!

3-0 UTA!

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
I hope there have been no backroom fallings out and vitriol, nor that CC, who has served the club so well over the years, has suddenly turned into Beelzebub overnight.

'Over the years' he's been here 20 months.

He wanted to go, he goes, we get comp, we move on.

As some have suggested this being a plot by AV to unsettle us ahead of the game then they're in for a long season with more coaches/players of competing clubs soon to be joining their ranks if this is how they are going about things to gain an advantage over opponents between now and the end of the season.

Also have been meaning to say to those blubbing about losing him and his skills from the set up could do worse than look at his personal managerial record where he didn't exactly pull up any trees - promoted Northampton from League 2, and Forest from league 1, and relegated Hibs.

The way some are reacting it's like we've lost Peter Taylor (of Clough and Taylor fame) for a second time.

Whoever comes in will do as good a job.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
People come and go. He's probably been talking to Villa for a while anyway. The fact that he's on gardening leave shows that all parties involved are being pretty considerate if you ask me.

But I guess we should call the man a **** because we all have such a great idea of what's going on right?

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015

As some have suggested this being a plot by AV to unsettle us ahead of the game then they're in for a long season with more coaches/players of competing clubs soon to be joining their ranks if this is how they are going about things to gain an advantage over opponents between now and the end of the season.

Also have been meaning to say to those blubbing about losing him and his skills from the set up could do worse than look at his personal managerial record where he didn't exactly pull up any trees - promoted Northampton from League 2, and Forest from league 1, and relegated Hibs.

The way some are reacting it's like we've lost Peter Taylor (of Clough and Taylor fame) for a second time.

21 months, that's nearly a plural. You pedant. :wink:

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Let's hope he doesn't have an influence over any of our key players when we enter the unsettling January window.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Let's hope he doesn't have an influence over any of our key players when we enter the unsettling January window.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
None for sale except Elvis.

Let's hope he puts in a good word for him.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010

Pretty much agree with that.
Hughton is clearly the senior partner in our management team and a suitable repacement will be found. Fergie had a number of assistants at United and the good ship kept on course, every time one of them left. If the foundations are solid, the building won't crumble.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here