Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How panicked are you?

How panicked are you at the Albion's (lack of) transfer activity?

• 10 (Bedwetting every night)

Votes: 9 2.8%

Votes: 10 3.1%

Votes: 21 6.5%

Votes: 32 9.8%

Votes: 41 12.6%

Votes: 37 11.4%

Votes: 33 10.2%

Votes: 39 12.0%

Votes: 25 7.7%
  • 1 (As cool as a cucumber)

Votes: 78 24.0%

• Total voters

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I dunno why so many posters are on the brink of self-harming because we haven't signed a striker yet. I can recall one glorious summer when a certain R L Zamora arrived the night before our first game of the season.

That turned out alright didn't it (apart from that particular game, which turned into a catastrophe).

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I dunno why so many posters are on the brink of self-harming because we haven't signed a striker yet. I can recall one glorious summer when a certain R L Zamora arrived the night before our first game of the season.

That turned out alright didn't it (apart from that particular game, which turned into a catastrophe).

" Bring on the Champions" How prophetic was that?

If the club could pull off a coup like that it would be immense. Can anyone think of a single current attainable striker that would excite as much as that signing did?

Maybe one will and most of us will never of heard of him when he signs...

Do people self harm when they can't have what they want then?

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
A little concerned but my mind has been put at ease as I've read on seperate occasions that the style of play in the Prem will better suit Solly, Skalak, Murphy, Baldock, and Hemed ???

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Tony Bloom has sa id "I'm confident by the 1st of September we will have an excellent Premier League team" then I for one, am not in the slightest concerned. Trust in Tony Bloom, he is yet to let us down.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
And THIS one averages at 3.97, so once again pretty good

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Flavored-Ice-Cubes-17-683x1024.jpg

:cool:

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
[MENTION=26444]Wrong Direction[/MENTION] and I are so fecking busy with mad customers that we have forgotten about the footie :moo:

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
No panic, just resignation.

Just to clarify; that's a sad feeling, rather than a fidgety, sweaty stress fest.

This may prove to be a missed opportunity to consolidate, which would leave me massively disappointed and wondering why we fought so hard to get 'there.'

Doesn't our legendary squad/team spirit give you massive hope?

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
I was in Sheffield in 1990 when United got into the First Division and couldn't win for 16 matches - I went to some of them (including a very annoying defeat to Palace). There was resigned despair generally rather than anger or panic then. And of course they didn't get relegated, either.

So it probably isn't the time to panic yet. But a bit more activity would certainly be nice.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Dreary summer ? Nope. I don't feel that at all. The Neto thing was disappointing, but one of those things, and I wasn't overly bothered about missing out on Abrahams, as there's no guarantee he could make the step-up anyway. He could just as easily flop at Swansea and we'll all feel we've dodged a bullet.

Embarking with this squad, as it stands, would be a folly. But this isn't September 1st, its July 21st, and I have no reason to doubt that the club are working on bringing in the quality we need as we speak. Since we binned off Berk our recruitment has been very good, which is why we find ourselves dining at the top table for the first time in 34 years. I have faith that the targets are lined up and we're on the case - just because they're not holding a shirt up at the training ground 6 weeks before the window closes, doesn't mean nothings happening does it.

Feel free to bounce this post on 1st September if we've made a complete pigs ear of it and are in the PL totally unarmed. I just don't believe TB or Hughton will allow that to happen though.

Out of interest, what will you be feeling IF we sign a few we need at the end of the window and we have taken 0 points from 9 and a GD of something like -10?

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Out of interest, what will you be feeling IF we sign a few we need at the end of the window and we have taken 0 points from 9 and a GD of something like -10?

This - with massive dingly bells on.

Errmmm by "this" I mean, this is a pertinent question.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Just going to enjoy the year ahead and if we struggle so be it. Thoroughly enjoyed the promotion season and this is our reward.

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
Not bothered. If we stay up, all swell and good. If not, that's life.
However, I am sure that uncle Tony hasn't spent millions to make us premier league ready just to throw it away at the first opportunity.
As an aside, I think Hernandez would have been great for us even though breaking the wage limit would have made it difficult but will get you 10 goals at least every year and would go some way to guaranteeing survival. 16M + 5M a year in wages (as an example) works out at just over £10M a year over 3 years. We are going to have to pay something near that for striker. (I'm not saying that he would come here or that we were or weren't interested. Just think it's a great bit of business for Wet Sham)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here