Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Website and Loyalty Points (Club announcement, see post #158)

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Sorry, top of page 2. It clearly says A 5 point, B 10 points etc

Here?

"Home League Matches: A Grade: 5 B Grade: 10 C Grade: 15
Away League Matches: 5/10/15*
Home & Away Cup Matches: 5/10/15*
*Points awarded will vary depending on the opposition, date and demand level for the match between 5, 10 and 15. "

Only for Home league games; not away games. I agree with your assumption, but I do think it's an assumption. They could easily have spelt it out for away games in exactly the way they have for home games, yet they chose not to. I wonder why...

Here?

"Home League Matches: A Grade: 5 B Grade: 10 C Grade: 15
Away League Matches: 5/10/15*
Home & Away Cup Matches: 5/10/15*
*Points awarded will vary depending on the opposition, date and demand level for the match between 5, 10 and 15. "

Only for Home league games; not away games. I agree with your assumption, but I do think it's an assumption. They could easily have spelt it out for away games in exactly the way they have for home games, yet they chose not to. I wonder why...

Just forgot I would have thought

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
No. STH have priority. member points will ponly come into it of there are tickets left after all STHs have had the chnace to buy

Sales will go something like this :

Wave one - STH points more than XXX (say 200 as an example)
Wave two (if any left) - STH points more than XXX- (say 150)
Wave three (if any left) - other STHs
Wave four (if any left) - member points (may also be tiered if lots of tickets still available)
Wave five - general sale (no fecking chance for most games)

Exactly this.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Just forgot I would have thought

Nah, not buying that. They specifically included this alternative sentence to cover away games (as distinct from home games): "Points awarded will vary depending on the opposition, date and demand level for the match between 5, 10 and 15.".

No-one forgets something and then types a whole new sentence giving them wriggle room without it being deliberate... imo.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
No. STH have priority. member points will ponly come into it of there are tickets left after all STHs have had the chnace to buy

Sales will go something like this :

Wave one - STH points more than XXX (say 200 as an example)
Wave two (if any left) - STH points more than XXX- (say 150)
Wave three (if any left) - other STHs
Wave four (if any left) - member points (may also be tiered if lots of tickets still available)
Wave five - general sale (no fecking chance for most games)

Thanks all understand.

Two of our party have relatively new season tickets but have been to virtually every away game for some time. In their case they are worse off from this scheme. I guess any change may create these scenarios and I'd argue it's bit harsh on those but in time it should come together.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Thanks all understand.

Two of our party have relatively new season tickets but have been to virtually every away game for some time. In their case they are worse off from this scheme. I guess any change may create these scenarios and I'd argue it's bit harsh on those but in time it should come together.

If they've been to loads of away games they'll probably be ok. Doing most aways over two seasons, plus having an ST for a couple of seasons, will mean more STH points than non-travelling STHs (the vast majority) with a long history.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
I've had a season ticket every year since 2001 apart from 15/16 due to not having a job.

Guess I can eat shit, and miss out on all the good away games.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I'll be happy enough to be in the 2nd round for away tickets. Been to lots of away games last 2 seasons but only my second season with a Season Ticket.

You should be fine. Don't forget our allocations will be bigger. We can ask for 3000 seats now rather than 1000-1300 ish

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Well mine is spot on

180 for 6 Amex Season tickets + 114 which was my carry forward from last season after the 50% loss = 294 SH points

13/14
14/15
15/16
16/17
= 150 points

Finished last season on 1228. So 228/2 = 114

So 264?

For some reason I have 261 though, 3 points short! :shrug:

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
How many STHP do you have?

Not sure, don't have access to a computer currently and it still isn't displaying the figure on mobile for me. It'll probably be around 100, as I did 3 away games and a cup game last season. Maybe I'm overestimating our away support levels, but I think I'll struggle for most games south of Leicester.

I know the system can't work for everyone, but it's just frustrating. Making ST seasons need to be concurrent just seems a bit shitty to me. It punishes people who went to university, or were without a job and had to put feeding their family before football. They're not my reasons FWIW. I lost my job and was upgraded to an adult at the same time and I had to make a decision when I didn't know what my future would be short-term as I didn't want to ask my parents to pay for the first month and then end up needing them to pay for more than that.

It just seems weird that someone that jumped on the bandwagon last season is now ahead of someone who missed last season due to unavoidable circumstances. And with us now having a waiting list, that gap is only going to increase. I might get lucky and sneak my way through, others might not be so lucky.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
13/14
14/15
15/16
16/17
= 150 points

Finished last season on 1228. So 228/2 = 114

So 264?

For some reason I have 261 though, 3 points short! :shrug:

If at any season end you were on an odd number of points the 50% carry forward is rounded down which is probably were those 3 points went

BHAbright

Sep 19, 2016
Same, ive had a season ticket since withdean but dropped my season ticket for one season only when i went to university in 14/15. Also do several away games per season and have around 100 points

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Not sure, don't have access to a computer currently and it still isn't displaying the figure on mobile for me. It'll probably be around 100, as I did 3 away games and a cup game last season. Maybe I'm overestimating our away support levels, but I think I'll struggle for most games south of Leicester.

I know the system can't work for everyone, but it's just frustrating. Making ST seasons need to be concurrent just seems a bit shitty to me. It punishes people who went to university, or were without a job and had to put feeding their family before football. They're not my reasons FWIW. I lost my job and was upgraded to an adult at the same time and I had to make a decision when I didn't know what my future would be short-term as I didn't want to ask my parents to pay for the first month and then end up needing them to pay for more than that.

It just seems weird that someone that jumped on the bandwagon last season is now ahead of someone who missed last season due to unavoidable circumstances. And with us now having a waiting list, that gap is only going to increase. I might get lucky and sneak my way through, others might not be so lucky.

Very hard indeed to disagree with your assessment. One season missed out of the last 15 or so? Yep, that's loyalty.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here