Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A warning for all Ford van drivers

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Bloke on site caught breaking into multiple Ford vans and stealing tools with something that appears to be like a master key/skeleton key that he bought on the internet

Oh and let's just say he 'tripped' over before being marched into a police station :tosser:

Hopefully he fell on his face when he was tripped over.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
I've been with Swinton on all of my insurances for twenty years.
Every year every policy goes up by £50 They then make out I'm getting a good deal due to me being a valued customer.
I know I can get cheaper if I spend all day on the Internet but I spend far too much time running my business fffsake!!!!

If you chuck all your details in Confused.com you can then get quotes for all the various insurances they cover with a couple of clicks. Pain in the arse the first time, but every year after a piece of cake. There is likely to be some significant savings.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Getting back to the original thread.
Every Van I have owned in the past 42 years has been broken into/damaged/smashed up.
I have lost over a thousand pounds worth of tools/materials in this time.
I could write a book on the police responses in this time.
One woman police officer from the old Hove station didn't know the Wickes in Davigdor Rd existed!!!!!

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Saw this on Facebook a while ago. Hard to believe Ford didn't realise this. I thought they had ex thieves testing how secure their vans were....
https://youtu.be/u0lzdX6b6Hw

Thats a Mk8 i think, but i've heard Customs are just the same - Deadlocks are a must in any van, and nowadays all vehicles are vulnerable via OBD port..

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Bloke on site caught breaking into multiple Ford vans and stealing tools with something that appears to be like a master key/skeleton key that he bought on the internet

Oh and let's just say he 'tripped' over before being marched into a police station :tosser:

Where was this btw..?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Of the five broken in, two were about 2006 and the other three were 2014/2015, none of them were the Custom model, but obviously I can't say if the key would be able to open it or not

Don't even need a key for the later Transits. There was a video on YouTube showing how easy (without any tools or keys) and quick anybody can break into a Transit.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
My public liability provider 😁 wanted over £600 this year
Spent Saturday morning online and got it down to £420
I'm still in the mindset that everyone I deal with will do their best for me:moo:

You have to shop around every year. Can GUARANTEE that renewing with same provider will not be cheapest. (From another old git who learnt this the hard way)

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Getting back to the original thread.
Every Van I have owned in the past 42 years has been broken into/damaged/smashed up.
I have lost over a thousand pounds worth of tools/materials in this time.
I could write a book on the police responses in this time.
One woman police officer from the old Hove station didn't know the Wickes in Davigdor Rd existed!!!!!

Wickes in Davigdor Rd. Never! Are you unhinged man? A WICKES IN DAVIGDOR RD? :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Thats a Mk8 i think, but i've heard Customs are just the same - Deadlocks are a must in any van, and nowadays all vehicles are vulnerable via OBD port..

Tell me about it. I drive a Focus ST. I'm part of an owners club and the thefts started a couple of years ago. It takes less than 30 seconds to steal my car if you know what you're doing. Was mainly happening up north but spreading south.

I bought a dummy obd port and a harness extension to move the original one. Only me and my trusted garage know where the real one is. It won't stop a smashed window but at least the car will still be there as hopefully any thief won't hang around too long once they realise it won't work and look for the real one.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Have you got a new Ford Transit Custom?

Yeah, got me worried now after seeing that vid.
I've always had Vivaro's but this time fancied a change so was a choice between VW T5 or Transit custom. I originally was going for a VW then over the next few years convert into a camper, but I'll think I'll do that after a couple of years with the transit. If it lasts that long!

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Tell me about it. I drive a Focus ST. I'm part of an owners club and the thefts started a couple of years ago. It takes less than 30 seconds to steal my car if you know what you're doing. Was mainly happening up north but spreading south.

I bought a dummy obd port and a harness extension to move the original one. Only me and my trusted garage know where the real one is. It won't stop a smashed window but at least the car will still be there as hopefully any thief won't hang around too long once they realise it won't work and look for the real one.

Nice car.. when my wife didn't like/want an ST220, i suggested one of those... Didn't meet approval either..

I'm similar with the Transit owners forum, and less than 1 mile away from me, 2 other Mk6 transits got stolen last year.. :eek:

In early Mk6's, you used to be able to cut the rear door looms, and 'ping' the central locking would release.. That was sorted with an update, but some thieves still think it works, and it now it just leaves the owner with a ****ed door loom.. :rolleyes:

With the upcoming ULEZ, i'll need a new van, and really like the L2H2 Custom but it's got a few issues, let alone this thievability..

Did you get someone to re-wire the OBD, or do it yourself..?

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Yeah, got me worried now after seeing that vid.
I've always had Vivaro's but this time fancied a change so was a choice between VW T5 or Transit custom. I originally was going for a VW then over the next few years convert into a camper, but I'll think I'll do that after a couple of years with the transit. If it lasts that long!

Transit Custom is a nice looking van.
I follow a few accounts on Twitter from tradesmen that mention Ford vans being broken into, Ford seem to be turning a blind eye.
I've seen CCTV videos and photos of side doors being pulled open from the top of the door. I'm not trying to scare you but it may be worth getting some extra locks fitted. The video of the van being broken into on this thread shows how easy it is.

If you are on Twitter have a look at - @VansAttack and [MENTION=19110]Sussex[/MENTION]Installs
Sussex Insalls fit extra locks on vans- www.sussexinstallations.co.uk

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
We proper go for the wankers that go round sites trying to flog stolen tools as they are most likely eyeing up your tools as well as trying to fence some other poor sods gear, scum of the earth pouncing of the state no doubt. Im blaming May for this carry on..

Yes but seemly according to some on here, you mustn't report these low lifes to the police for fear of being labelled a " grass"

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here