Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FAO BHAFC Players: How Much Do You Want It?

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Well?

- do you want a Championship medal, a killer selfie with a big f**k-off trophy and a framed photo your kids and grandkids will be immensely proud of for many years to come?

or

- do you just want to go on the piss like the previous generation of English players, accepting unlimited beers and selfie cuddles from middle-aged men in stripes for a couple of weeks?

Just think it through a bit, y'know. You're all quite rightly celebrating promotion to the Premier League. But think it through a bit DEEPER. Some of you won't be here next season. Some of you will have nothing much lasting to show for your commitment to the cause. You won't even remember the nights on the piss in Brighton town before the season's finished (and the strongly rumoured nights on the piss in London town before the season's finished that were supposed to keep you away from the Brighton town over-celebrating limelight).

Fair enough, you're running on near-empty. But then again so is everybody else.

Basically, GET OFF THE F**KING BEACH. For your loss will be far greater than ours.

And...RELAX... :smokin:

I agree totally. Many of us have been fans for a lifetime, having been brought up in the Albion faith, and have followed you through thick and thin. It's your turn now to give something back to the fans - so get off the beach and show us what you are made of. We can do this TOGETHER.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
The players want it of that you can be sure, and to suggest otherwise seems pretty insulting to me considering what they have achieved this season. If we do fall at the final hurdle it will not be for lack of effort or desire. Ok the Norwich game was an understandable write off but don't forget the five wins in a row the preceeded it to make the early promotion a reality.

Whatever happens on sunday I will remember this season as a historic success and a magnificent achievement by a great group of players.

I have every confidence in them to get the job done.

Sussaxon

Mar 19, 2014
Sussex
Winning the Football League in 2017 would be our greatest honour since winning the Charity Shield in 1910 (becoming "Champions of All England").
A whole 107 years!!!

Sure, We've been promoted to the first tier before and been FA Cup Runners-Up, but neither of these were actual "honours".

In 50 to 100+ years time "Brighton & Hove Albion" won't be remembered by the outside football community and noted down on any honours list for just coming second.
We will if we're Champions of the Football League 2016/17!!! This is so significant!

Who really remembers that Southampton came second when Brighton & Hove Albion won League One in 2011, or Reading came second in 2002.
No one really, but everyone remembers and its noted down on honours lists for future generations that Brighton & Hove Albion were Champions! :albion2::albion::ascarf:

Personally I think winning the Football League is just as important as promotion to the Premier League, simply because no honour has come close in the past 107 years!
I hope the players are aware of this!

No pressure :lolol::lolol:

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I can't recall a thread of this length where I have given so many thumbs up.

I thought it was just me that was thoroughly disheartened and disappointed at the lack of application and effort on Saturday.

Whilst the players have, quite rightly, been given a rocket by the overwhelming number of contributers on this thread, the manager cannot be held blameless. It is his job to ensure that the players knuckled down and were mentally and physically right for the games after Wigan. He has clearly failed in that. Maybe he cares for the title as much as the players. Maybe the club isn't bothered either having secured the riches that come with promotion to the PL.

But then there are the fans who have paid their money and expect the players and management to actually be trying. The season will in fact end in disappointment for me on Sunday at VP if I see another lazy and lacklustre display.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I can't recall a thread of this length where I have given so many thumbs up.

I thought it was just me that was thoroughly disheartened and disappointed at the lack of application and effort on Saturday.

Whilst the players have, quite rightly, been given a rocket by the overwhelming number of contributers on this thread, the manager cannot be held blameless. It is his job to ensure that the players knuckled down and were mentally and physically right for the games after Wigan. He has clearly failed in that. Maybe he cares for the title as much as the players. Maybe the club isn't bothered either having secured the riches that come with promotion to the PL.

But then there are the fans who have paid their money and expect the players and management to actually be trying. The season will in fact end in disappointment for me on Sunday at VP if I see another lazy and lacklustre display.

If you read through last Saturday's match day thread you will see that you are definitely not the only person feeling that way. I, for one, said that it would be devastating if we threw away a 7 point lead with 3 games left. Maybe a slight overreaction and there were several that disagreed and said they didn't give a stuff about the title but that is how I felt at the time and I really don't feel any differently now. Throwing away a lead of that magnitude is bottling of the first order and that's how it will be remembered - if it happens.

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
We have been disappointing in the last 2 games but think we will up our game against Villa . They've got nothing to play for and won't it be even more exciting watching it and hearing of goals at St James' park .

Ok .... It would have been nice to have lifted the trophy at home against Bristol but one final push for 90 minutes we will do it

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I, for one, said that it would be devastating if we threw away a 7 point lead with 3 games left.

Yup, this. Rightly or wrongly, the current team would be remembered as much for that crap stat as for the fantastic achievement of promotion to the Premier League. The whole town and beyond was buzzing on Saturday and every shop you went into on and off London Road, everybody was blue and white, everybody was suddenly an Albion expert and would be roaring the boys on to the title. Most of those people will now be shaking their heads and saying same old Albion.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
If you read through last Saturday's match day thread you will see that you are definitely not the only person feeling that way. I, for one, said that it would be devastating if we threw away a 7 point lead with 3 games left. Maybe a slight overreaction and there were several that disagreed and said they didn't give a stuff about the title but that is how I felt at the time and I really don't feel any differently now. Throwing away a lead of that magnitude is bottling of the first order and that's how it will be remembered - if it happens.

I just don't think that you can ever accuse this group of players of bottling anything. This is a group that went agonisingly close to promtion one season to playing must win football for most of this and when the pressure increased at the season end and teams were breathing down there necks found the wins and form needed to obtain promtion.

The levels have fallen since then and I am disappointed that the title has not been achieved but that's through a drop in application rather than any lack of bottle

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I just don't think that you can ever accuse this group of players of bottling anything. This is a group that went agonisingly close to promtion one season to playing must win football for most of this and when the pressure increased at the season end and teams were breathing down there necks found the wins and form needed to obtain promtion.

The levels have fallen since then and I am disappointed that the title has not been achieved but that's through a drop in application rather than any lack of bottle

It doesn't matter what you call it. If they don't win the title they will have thrown away a 7 point lead when 1 win from 3 would have guaranteed the title. May be it was too much bottle rather than not enough?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
It's ok they are out on the piss in Hove again for Tomers birthday.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's ok they are out on the piss in Hove again for Tomers birthday.

I'm not convinced they are. If this is based on the post that Hemed has made to his Instagram story, it looks like a perfectly civil meal of mates with their wives. That those wives are there and, in addition, Bruno too, gives me confidence that they'll not be hitting it too hard tonight.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I'm not convinced they are. If this is based on the post that Hemed has made to his Instagram story, it looks like a perfectly civil meal of mates with their wives. That those wives are there and, in addition, Bruno too, gives me confidence that they'll not be hitting it too hard tonight.

I really hope so. There are a lot of fans who will be bitterly disappointed with another lacklustre performance. This would be the greatest trophy the club has ever won (with the arguable exception of the 1910 Charity Shield) - and surely as players and competitive sportsmen they want to come FIRST.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
To be honest with you it makes a mockery of the term 'Professional Footballer', nothing professional about their behaviour and no wonder the more responsible, senior players are disappointed, so would I be.
I am please for the promotion and the hard work put in for it, but let's try and finish the job with a bit of style and class.
How many times do you have to get pissed and is that really all that it's about.
Shows a lack of respect, plenty of time in the off season to do this.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

I was being slightly mischievous with my post! I'm pretty sure they didn't end up in Mistys until 3am afterwards - I hope

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
Personally I think winning the Football League is just as important as promotion to the Premier League, simply because no honour has come close in the past 107 years!
I hope the players are aware of this!

No pressure :lolol::lolol:

Really? Ask yourself this then: would you rather get promoted by finishing 2nd or win the league and not go up?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here