Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McLaren Sacked

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Can't wait to see Benitiz in the Championship next year. He may have a culture shock shock with Burton away! If they go down he will be a disaster in Championship!

If they go down, he won't be there. More than likely,a watertight get out clause, with,no doubt a few quid thrown in for trying

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Can't wait to see Benitiz in the Championship next year. He may have a culture shock shock with Burton away! If they go down he will be a disaster in Championship!

I've said elsewhere, I just cannot see Benitez hanging around for a season, probably more, in the Championship. His stock is just too high for that (that'll certainly be how he views it).

If he takes the job, I'd expect it to be on an interim basis for the rest of the season. If he keeps them up, he'll receive a MASSIVE bonus and will have the option of extending his stay. If he takes them down, then it's adios.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
So I (and quite a few mates of mine) was actually really happy when we failed to qualify and Schteeve bravely fell on his sword......Oh no, he didn't, did he. The CLOWN had such a big ego that he didn't even quit after the total shambles, he had to be sacked.

There aren't many honourable men in Football , we were very lucky when Sami walked without a pay off

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
No, I don't think he has any interest in working for Ashley again.

That very subject was put to the very man himself just 2 days ago by me. The response being - A roll of the eyes and a shake of the head. I took that to be an emphatic No, so I think you are 100% correct in your assumption.

SAC

May 21, 2014
So I (and quite a few mates of mine) was actually really happy when we failed to qualify and Schteeve bravely fell on his sword......Oh no, he didn't, did he. The CLOWN had such a big ego that he didn't even quit after the total shambles, he had to be sacked.

There aren't many honourable men in Football , we were very lucky when Sami walked without a pay off[/QUOTE]

Says who? I would be very surprised if there wasn't a pay-off.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

There aren't many honourable men in Football , we were very lucky when Sami walked without a pay off[/QUOTE]

Says who? I would be very surprised if there wasn't a pay-off.

I would tend to agree with you

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The clubs that keep on giving. Sunderland 25 points, Newcastle 24 points. A case of Rafael Benithuz? Roll on the next Tyne Wear derby a week on Sunday.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I really think they should have gone for Nigel Pearson, possibly could have kept them up, and a very good Championship manager if they drop.

Cheaper for Ashley too

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I think I read somewhere that they were also binning off the backroom "masterminds" who were in charge of recruitment, so whoever comes in will hold sway on the targets and the signings (ie being a manager rather than a coach). Sounds familiar.

Mind you, at least we weren't balls-deep into an £80m+ in transfer fees f-up.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
I wonder if RAFA will stick around next season in LE CHAMPIONSHIPE?! #goingdown

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Benitez is in. A Real Madrid fan, he'll take any old shi_t job for the gi££le now that his dream is over. Expect a photoshopped image of him with his massive gut out (go for it, photoshoppers).

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If they go down, he won't be there. More than likely,a watertight get out clause, with,no doubt a few quid thrown in for trying

This, at least £500K times over!

Edit: PS, Just heard on Sky Sports News that there is and opt out clause at the end of the season! Surprise, surprise!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here