Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your favourite ever comedian

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I think the funniest thing I've seen him do is read his "The Tiger who Came for a Pint" book out on 8 out of 10 Cats. I was in pain laughing. So inventive too.

Yes, that was brilliant.

'In pain laughing' is a good description, and he has often left me like that.

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I love watching Rob Brydon doing his impressions, particularly on The Trip when doing Michael Caine or Mick Jagger with Coogan. Plus it gives me a chance to show my wife my impression of Rob Brydon doing Mick Jagger doing Rob Brydon doing Michael Caine in Zulu. "Ere, Rob! Rob!! Don't throw spears at me." She never fails to find it hilarious.

Found myself liking Kevin Bridges a lot recently too. And I love everything Sharon Horgan does.

Rob Brydon is a good shout.
His series "Human Remains" remains one of the most tragically overlooked comedies of all time. It was utterly, utterly genius.

I also enjoy Miles Jupp when he pops up. Very funny man. He is great on The News Quiz on R4.
And a very new one...comedy duo The Pin. They really are very funny. The swimming instructor sketch is a little piece of comedy heaven. Mostly radio based, not sure if they have done telly. I predict they will and I predict they will be MASSIVE.

Last edited:

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I think the funniest thing I've seen him do is read his "The Tiger who Came for a Pint" book out on 8 out of 10 Cats. I was in pain laughing. So inventive too.

8 out 10 Cvnts and 'funny' is surely an oxymoron, n'est ce pas?

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Billy Connolly.

Old Lady: I loved your show but I don't like your swearing..

Connolly: Aye, well fvck off then.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
For those of a certain age and remember when there were comedy radio shows Kenneth Horne perhaps? The missing link between the Goons and Monty Python, or was that Angus Prune and Lady Constance ??

My name is Angus Prune, and this is my tune, and it's "I'm Sorry I'll Read That Again"

The_NitramJohn

Feb 18, 2012
No love for the great 'Benny Hill'

His specials & 'The Goodies' were required viewing, when I was growing up!

Not a particular of 'PC' comedians!

Varied taste, here are a few favourites!

Buster Keaton
Laurel & Hardy
Tommy Cooper
Two Ronnies
Billy Connolly
Jim Jeffries
Frankie Boyle

Comedians I personally never liked

Duncan Norville
Bob Downe

This to me is the epitome of a one trick comedian
d71e28217d43a976b2f29584231915ed.gif

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
His series "Human Remains" remains one of the most tragically overlooked comedies of all time. It was utterly, utterly genius.

I also enjoy Miles Jupp when he pops up. Very funny man. He is great on The News Quiz on R4.
And a very new one...comedy duo The Pin. They really are very funny. The swimming instructor sketch is a little piece of comedy heaven. Mostly radio based, not sure if they have done telly. I predict they will and I predict they will be MASSIVE.

one Human Remains is set in Peacehaven

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate

Wow. I'd never even heard of Human Remains. I will definitely check it out. Thanks!!!

Jul 7, 2003
'The Goodies' were required viewing, when I was growing up!

The Goodies came from the whole David Frost /TW3 stable which gave us Python, Two Ronnies and numerous others. I saw something recently and it was said that they were a bit ahead of their time and very subversive. Their contempt for the police came from one of them - Oddie I think - being beaten by the police during a protest.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Spike Milligan, Tommy Cooper. On basis of been funny on Have I go news for you, QI etc have been to see several live. With very few exceptions always a let down and just wanted to get there laughs by F and C ing. Henning Wehn was an exception very funny and clever. Tempted to see Peter Kay live but as so good on TV may leave it at that

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here