• Kept the money, chuck wallet

Votes: 35 21.0%
  • Hand it in

Votes: 132 79.0%

• Total voters

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Having lost my wallet outside Brighton train station in 2013, and then having it kindly handed in by a member of public to the police a day later...I can safely say that I would not keep the wallet if I found it lying on the floor.

Besides, I'm always wary it's a TV show/hidden camera/sting operation ;)

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Found a purse many years ago when out with the wife in middle st. Handed it to a boy in blue not to far away. He took my name and address. About 2 weeks later I received a letter from the owner with a £10 pound note inside thanking me. This was about a 3rd of my wages back then so was well pleased

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Everyone uses the words "find, keep, accept, etc." It's stealing, theft. It's not your money and should be left in it's place or returned to it's owner.
Soon you'll be "finding, keeping, accepting" money in other people's homes.

Pretty presumptuous thought, anyway at the end of the day if i did actually find a wallet I know I'd do the right thing.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
I would of done exactly the same as some kind hearted:wanker: didn't do xmas 1990 when i lost 3 weeks wages with my name and address on them.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
That's not really the response I was expecting. Maybe you'll have the bollocks to give me your details so we can meet up?

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk

:lolol: who the **** are you mate? Because I said I wouldn't hand a foreign persons wallet into the plod. Yeh sure I'll meet you. Come to Bristol and send me a PM I have nothing to be afraid of. Dickhead.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I would of done exactly the same as some kind hearted:wanker: didn't do xmas 1990 when i lost 3 weeks wages with my name and address on them.

Blimey. And that was at the time of Aldershot's terrible financial problems. Didn't they play West Ham in the FA Cup twice in front of around 25,000? Spencer Trehawy (or similar name). What a cock, club thought he was loaded but it all went wrong.

Glad their doing well this season. Big game on Saturday v Leyton Orient.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
There isn't a better sight to behold on a forum then somebody completely losing their mind and offering someone else out for an actual fistfight. Because of words. Words on a computer screen.

"We disagree with a topic of discussion on an internet messageboard so I'm going to pretend I'm sad enough to inconvenience myself and travel to your location in the blind hope that the threat of physical violence will somehow change your opinion on a topic that doesn't really impact my life."

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
If you keep it, you're a thief.

Morally, and legally.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
That's not really the response I was expecting. Maybe you'll have the bollocks to give me your details so we can meet up?

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk

image.jpg

:facepalm:

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
There isn't a better sight to behold on a forum then somebody completely losing their mind and offering someone else out for an actual fistfight. Because of words. Words on a computer screen.

"We disagree with a topic of discussion on an internet messageboard so I'm going to pretend I'm sad enough to inconvenience myself and travel to your location in the blind hope that the threat of physical violence will somehow change your opinion on a topic that doesn't really impact my life."

I saw nothing. I read something that I'm sure in reality won't happen. All meaningless words on an e-page.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Hand it in and forget about it. Bonus if later on you get to claim it but in the meantime forget it. It was never yours so you can't miss it.
The OP's case is rather an unusual amount but fact remains, best hand it in an forget it.
As for finding a wallet or purse with just a twenty or so in you could make someone's day if they got that back or ruin it if you kept it.
To summarise: Hand it in, forget about it.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Not that she was obligated to reply, but it does dent your faith in human nature somewhat. Years ago in New York me and some American bloke I'd met outside a Who gig found out where the after gig party was, and me having a camera took pictures of him with the band, we exchanged addresses so I could send him the photos, I flew back to Blighty, got them developed, packaged them and air mailed them to him and never heard anything back.

(CM Disclaimer: this is NOT a 'look at me' opportunity I'm exploiting here, honest)

I'd have done the right thing (in the OPs scenario, with [MENTION=1413]Mackenzie[/MENTION] 's purse, and your photos). Like you though, I'd have been FUMING to not receive a thank you. Not a reward - just an acknowledgment of thanks. I get UNREASONABLY annoyed if I so much as hold a door open for a stranger, or let a car out of a junction, and they don't acknowledge it :thumbsup:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here