Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
I'm pretty sure the club just want to make this 1st deadline day in the premier league a memorable one.
I'm going 5 yes 5 incoming tomorrow
And
5 yes that is 5 out going tomorrow

(Well we can dream)

Squad to be
Ryan
Maenpaa
New signing

Bruno
Rosey

Dunk
Duffy
Signing
Uwe

Bong
Suttner

Stephens
Propper
Kayal
Sidwell

AK
march
Izequiedo
Murphy

Brown (U21)
Gross

New signing
New signing
New signing
Murray
Baldock

Hemed - sold
Skalak - loan/sold
CG - loan
Towel - loan
Annache - loan

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
I'm pretty sure the club just want to make this 1st deadline day in the premier league a memorable one.
I'm going 5 yes 5 incoming tomorrow
And
5 yes that is 5 out going tomorrow

(Well we can dream)

Squad to be
Ryan
Maenpaa
New signing

Bruno
Rosey

Dunk
Duffy
Signing
Uwe

Bong
Suttner

Stephens
Propper
Kayal
Sidwell

AK
march
Izequiedo
Murphy

Brown (U21)
Gross

New signing
New signing
New signing
Murray
Baldock

Hemed - sold
Skalak - loan/sold
CG - loan
Towel - loan
Annache - loan

I can't conceive any plane of reality that it would be a good idea to let our only fit/best striker leave. (Although I know everyone seems to hate him this season.)

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Meanwhile in Huddersfield:

Terriers done for the window

Huddersfield Town
Paul Ogden, BBC Radio Leeds

Little or no more transfer activity expected now. Huddersfield recognised the importance of integrating post-promotion recruits as early as possible in pre-season, with outstanding results to date.

Ongoing lack of cover at right-back was a concern, until the loan-to-buy arrival of Ingolstadt's Switzerland international Flo Hadergjonaj last week.

Huddersfield's other late-August investment - Hamed Sabiri, from another Bundesliga 2 source in FC Nurnberg - means they now have more than two off-the-peg options in every squad position. Just how head coach David Wagner likes it.

Like them or loath them and whether or not the players they have got in will prove any good at this level, I wish we could have taken this approach to the transfer window.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
If we get a better, or two better strikers?

Hope I'm wrong, just can't see it. We've known what we've needed since the end of last season, and in two and a half months signed no first team strikers. Can't see us signing 2+ in the next two and a half days.
With Hemed being the only fit striker at the club, surely we'd need to sign 3 for him to leave. (1starter, 1 bench, 1 backup for injuries/suspensions/fitness-rotation) There's then also the risk that who we sign may turn out to be pony.
I'll stick my head out with a prediction: Hemed will start our next Prem match.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC

Terriers done for the window

Huddersfield Town
Paul Ogden, BBC Radio Leeds

Little or no more transfer activity expected now. Huddersfield recognised the importance of integrating post-promotion recruits as early as possible in pre-season, with outstanding results to date.

Ongoing lack of cover at right-back was a concern, until the loan-to-buy arrival of Ingolstadt's Switzerland international Flo Hadergjonaj last week.

Huddersfield's other late-August investment - Hamed Sabiri, from another Bundesliga 2 source in FC Nurnberg - means they now have more than two off-the-peg options in every squad position. Just how head coach David Wagner likes it.

Like them or loath them and whether or not the players they have got in will prove any good at this level, I wish we could have taken this approach to the transfer window.

Good for them, knew their targets and pursued them fast and efficiently and it's paying off, they're already 6 points clear of us and look like the well organised system team you expected to see. If we do go down I really hope they stay up, just to show how inept our recruitment policy was and how it cost us.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Good for them, knew their targets and pursued them fast and efficiently and it's paying off, they're already 6 points clear of us and look like the well organised system team you expected to see. If we do go down I really hope they stay up, just to show how inept our recruitment policy was and how it cost us.

Wow! You really have written off this season haven't you, at least wait until the deadline is over before doing so. Huddersfield were mighty inconsistent last season, the season is 3 games old. Show a bit of faith in your club.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

look who they have played

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Wow! You really have written off this season haven't you, at least wait until the deadline is over before doing so. Huddersfield were mighty inconsistent last season, the season is 3 games old. Show a bit of faith in your club.

No, I haven't written us off which is why I used the word IF. IF we do not sign any strikers we will be relegated. IF we do go down I believe our recruitment would be 100% to blame for setting us up for failure as opposed to success. IF all of that happens then I hope Hudds stay up, because they are worse than us on paper but have recruited faster, smarter and given the coach more time to settle his team, something we would have to look at and acknowledge as our fatal mistake. Hopefully we would then improve that policy.

If we bring in 2 strikers in the next 30 odd hours and they're of good quality and not just two desperate Akpom level signings then we'll stay up I am confident of that. I have plenty of faith, if we get the job done before it SLAMS SHUT.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

You WISH we'd taken the approach of buying a shitload of players regardless of whether they are good enough?

That's pretty thick, to be frank.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
You WISH we'd taken the approach of buying a shitload of players regardless of whether they are good enough?

Well we don't know if they are good enough in the same way we don't know about our overseas signings yet.
What we do know is their squad is complete and the manager can and has been working with them for some time.
We on the other hand are scratching around in dire need of two forwards with everyone hoping that we can succeed in the next 30 hours. They may still go down we will I suggest if hemed is the only fit forward on the books come 11pm tomorrow

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption

No, thats not what I'd wish we'd done just that we'd got our business done earlier. I couldn't care less who Huddersfield signed or how good they may or may not be.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If it gets to this time tomorrow and we still need 2 strikers we are in deep, deep, deep trouble.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
If it gets to this time tomorrow and we still need 2 strikers we are in deep, deep, deep trouble.

If we have we should start getting the jose and Izzy can play up top, Baldock isn't actually dead and will be back and is like a new signing and Murray only out for a short two months stuff from the Argus and people on here followed by the barber statement about the difficult window and that team spirit will get us through till January.
Can picture it now unfortunately

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If we have we should start getting the jose and Izzy can play up top, Baldock isn't actually dead and will be back and is like a new signing and Murray only out for a short two months stuff from the Argus and people on here followed by the barber statement about the difficult window and that team spirit will get us through till January.

Feck me.

Begging the question:-

How many times has the club signed Baldock?

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton

Will the end of the next window be time enough to line one up?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London

I'm fairly positive we will get at least one. If we really want niasse I'm sure we can push it through. If we buy instead of loan that can be classified as the good old panic buy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here