Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andre Gray

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I wouldnt mind Jon Walters

Good shout. Maybe he could bring Edith Massey along with him.

john_waterss_favourite_suit.jpg

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Yes because what we need is another slow CF ???

Gray is exactly the type of player we need, a pacey strong striker who will stretch the defence and make runs in behind. He can also play on the left which is an added bonus.

He is a k**b who can earn his millions elsewhere. But agree we need pace, i would just take Wood for Hemed offloaded to Reading and keep searching for ano

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Apart from not wanting Gray because of his homophobic tweets, isn't the asking price of £18.5 million a little out of Brighton's range? Watford obviously don't mind paying nearly £20 million for a player with only one year left on his contract.

The BBC figure is correct according to your equivalent of Andy Naylor....Sky's figure of £11.5 incorrect.

If Gray is Deeney's replacement, god help Watford - they'll be even weaker up front than they were last season.

https://twitter.com/TransferCentreL/status/895303479715147781

[tweet]895303479715147781[/tweet]

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
He is a k**b who can earn his millions elsewhere. But agree we need pace, i would just take Wood for Hemed offloaded to Reading and keep searching for ano

Why are people obsessed with Wood? He's had one and half good seasons in the Championship, and not good enough for us in the Premier League.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Why are people obsessed with Wood? He's had one and half good seasons in the Championship, and not good enough for us in the Premier League.

Luckily his good one and a half seasons were his last one and a half seasons.....which would suggest he's good. Scored again on the opening day.

I get it's all about opinions but how do we know he's not good enough in the prem? I imagine people didn't think Ashley Barnes or Sam Vokes or Joshua King would be good enough in the prem either.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Luckily his good one and a half seasons were his last one and a half seasons.....which would suggest he's good. Scored again on the opening day.

I get it's all about opinions but how do we know he's not good enough in the prem? I imagine people didn't think Ashley Barnes or Sam Vokes or Joshua King would be good enough in the prem either.

When we had him on loan, he was a West Brom player. They sent him on loan to League 1 clubs, and then Championship clubs (the half season I was thinking of was at Millwall a few years ago) but didn't think he was good enough for them. He's a good Championship player when he's in form, but not for us.
We need someone with pace, like Baldock, as we've already got two target men.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here