Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

20 Years of North Stand Chat

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
I remember you as a young whippersnapper sitting in my classroom. Still haven't forgiven you for that penalty you gave against me in the teacher's game.

The eight or so weeks you had to babysit our "business/IT" coursework class or whatever it was dreamt up to be circa 2011 were superb.

About seven of us spending the entirety of the lessons trying to rig the WHC competition, at least until we were all banned for Monsters Inc Gate...

How NSC was an approved site on a school network I'll never know.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Desert Orchid :timmy:
As I always say when this pops up:-

That was one 10 word statement of fact, nothing more, nothing less.
No agenda, no fishing, no strained comedy, just one newsworthy fact.

Everything that followed was pure undiluted NSC.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
As a JCL, have to say NSC is brilliant. I regularly look at oppo forums and none come close.

Four words - Bell cheeses at Work.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
The eight or so weeks you had to babysit our "business/IT" coursework class or whatever it was dreamt up to be circa 2011 were superb.

About seven of us spending the entirety of the lessons trying to rig the WHC competition, at least until we were all banned for Monsters Inc Gate...

How NSC was an approved site on a school network I'll never know.

It was catching you google searching Honey Badgers that led me to make the connection with NSC. And yes, I've worked in a lot of Sussex schools and yours was one of the very few that allowed access to this site.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I won't be some kind of compilation but, believe it or not, I have been approached about putting together some sort of "Best of NSC" book before. Clearly it would NOT be available in all good bookshops and could only be bought from our very good friends at Amazon.

indeed, my composition rather fell apart there as i was in a rush.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I hate to think how many work hours I have spent on NSC over the last 20 years.

This, this and this.

NSC , the home of the Binfest and the font of all knowledge.

Some great threads over the years.

Jack Straw's Friday photographs
Lord Bracknell's reports from the Inquiry.
Organising marches, Falmer for all day, Valentine cards and flowers for Prescott, boycotting Forfars, all helped by NSC, as has REMF and other charities.

On a lighter note
Jamie
Kev and his mum visit Falmer pond
Kev at KFC
Hiney and the fight in his street
Digweeds trousers, Stand up if you hate HR
Ask Tank

And the tragic events of 9/11, and Shoreham.

NDC, a force for good, yet a monumental waste of my time.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
That Charlton thread with the picture of the fans that went in an odd direction. Genuinely laugh out loud moment.

And when I started the more show tomorrow thread which I had no idea would run and run and run even when we have no flippin snow.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I'll be hitting my NSC 10th anniversary in a few months, so while not having as much of a history as some I've certainly seen a fair bit.

I'd like to make mention of another offshoot of NSC not yet mentioned in the form of the Summer 6-a-side tournaments in Preston Park (I think there were two of them), organised by [MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION] and always played in the best of spirits...my team for one of them included Jacob Schilt, and he was a key reason in us making the knockout phase including an upset win over HKFC's Exiles team, during which one of our goals was marked by a re-inactment of the Albion's legendary 'ring of roses' celebration.

Through that, sponsor's dinners, the numerous NSC vs. Crocs football matches and just general attendance of Albion games I've been lucky enough to meet a whole plethora of great people through this site, including some I count as genuine friends to this day and hopefully for many to come.

Here's to the next 20 years. :thumbsup:

D

Deleted member 2719

20 years of binfests, fantastic. :rave::clap2:

Not sure how long i have been on here now, but what I do know I have NEVER had another account.

How many others can say that:hilton:

There are some sly f##kers on here![SUP][/SUP]

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
BAG. Another one from the old days. Is it my imagination but are there fewer women around now? As well as BAG, we've lost Yorkie, Brighton Bird, Emily's Mum, Tedebear and that Leeds supporter whose daughter sadly died. Roz still posts but not as frequently as in the old days.Edna and Lush still fly the flag (and I know there are a couple of others) but it would be good to get more women on the site (unless they're here and staying incognito of course)

Starry was the Leeds lady and her husband Paddy? I think she posted on here not long ago....I remember having a right old barney with WatfordO who said some disgusting things to get when she was battling to save her daughter and we were all raising funds .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here