Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Your Scottish Club and why?

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
fairly recently discovered I once had relatives that lived in Uddingston

which could explain my love of Tunnock's Tea Cakes :lol:

had a quick look,I think Albion Rovers is the nearest ground to there?

And caramel wafers etc. - it just means you have good taste ! :)

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
1. Celtic - I hate to admit it but being brought up a Catholic, it was just the done thing. All a bit embarassing really but wanting them to win as a kid has stayed with me;

Also look out for:

2. Albion Rovers - The obvious;

3. Arbroath - Went there a few times as a kid and just loved the Smokies.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I think that Celtic still fly the Irish Tricolor and Hibs (Hibernian) is the original name for Ireland I believe !
Hibernia is actually the Roman name for Ireland. Celtic- going for 8 in a row this season, closing in on 10 My family background as other people have mentioned.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Kilmarnock

Inherited from my dad cos he liked the name

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Listening to 'Sports Report' as a small boy, I liked the sound of 'Celtic' better than 'Rangers' - a view reinforced by one of the results read out on one of the first Sports Reports I ever listened too included 'Celtic 7 Rangers 1' -I think it was a Scottish League Cup final.
In the late 60s (European Cup winners - and early 70s (how the f*** did they lose to Feyenord after totally destroying the mighty Leeds over two legs?) - Celtic were, and still are, one of the best and most exciting teams I've ever seen. With practically the whole team born and living within 15 miles of Glasgow Cross it was even more incredible.
Now, with the Connor Goldson factor, I will be following Rangers progress with interest.

Blimey. Such a confusing post with the final sentence reading a bit like “yeah so anyway now that Palace have signed Dobbie and I quite like that gravity challenged fellow then I might just root for Palace”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Hibernia is actually the Roman name for Ireland. Celtic- going for 8 in a row this season, closing in on 10 My family background as other people have mentioned.

Yes indeed, I did mean to say it was a fairly ancient name for Ireland !

theboybilly

Another Raith Rovers 'fan' here. I was in Fife for a golf tour in the 1990s and took in a game at Stark's Park. It was a quaint old ground but has been modernised a bit now. In four matches watched my record stands at W2 D2 L0. I have their Great War 'Remember' Poppy away shirt in my wardrobe.
As for the MTL comments it now looks like most SPL clubs can't compete with the likes of Salford for players now.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Dundee United. Broke the Old Firm hegemony back in the 80s, at least for a couple of seasons, and beat Barcelona on their own patch. Epic run to the UEFA Cup final in '84. None of those things will happen again but what can you do?

And, of course, the mighty East Stirlingshire. Out of the league at the moment but destined to conquer the world. Probably.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Similar reason for me - I used to pore over the results section in the Sunday papers and Cowdenbeath always seemed to lose and it was always in front of about 300 fans. My soft spot for them increased when I discovered their nickname is The Blue Brazil. I'm hoping to fulfil a lifetime ambition this season by going to see them - I'm pencilling in the game against Queen's Park in November.
I’ve been to Central Park a couple of times - friends of mine have been going for years, travelling from Brighton - it’s a long day but very enjoyable.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Can't say I have a Scottish team, although I do like the fact that Scotland was the first country in Europe to have two towns/cities which hosted two clubs to have got to a European Cup / Champions League semi-final - Glasgow and Dundee.

Only England can match that now - London and Manchester.

No other country has had more than one city where two teams have made it that far.

Spain - Madrid
Italy - Milan
Serbia / Yugoslavia - Belgrade
Austria - Vienna
Czechia - Prague
Romania - Bucharest
Hungary - Budapest

Dundee Utd would have made the Final if the ref hadn't taken a bung !

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Gone but not forgotten,East Stirlingshire (been on the ground match day) and who can not recall the name Third Lanark what a wonderful name,covered Berwick Rangers,Ayr United (Simon Stainrod was playing for Ayr at the time) Stranraer and the bandstand in the park,as for Qos quality name decent ground,Elgin City had what looked like WW2 Pill Boxes in the earth banking behind the goals and finally Stenhousemuir so impressed i bought a club tie ! From a education point maybe taking a look at Scottish tables has some merit in as much St Johnstone AKA Perth,Qos AKA Dumfries and finally should you watch Peterhead where a warm coat !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here