Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Music that reminds of your vacations.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
No matter where you go on your hols, I'm sure there is music that brings all the memories flooding back.

Two weeks on the Grand Union canal, part of a yoof school trip.

Numerous vacations to Italy, always a reminder.

Over to you :thumbsup:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I was only thinking this the other day.
My first ever holiday abroad was in Majorca (Can Pastilla) when you have a popular song of the summer it is played every day in every bar.
The song that year was Baby Jane by Rod Stewart, now every time I hear that song it instantly reminds me of that holiday.
Big shout out to the 2 filthy girls from Brighouse who invited us back to their room, I even remember the hotel (Pillari Player) that was a long time ago but still fresh in my memory, so dementia has not set in yet.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I was only thinking this the other day.
My first ever holiday abroad was in Majorca (Can Pastilla) when you have a popular song of the summer it is played every day in every bar.
The song that year was Baby Jane by Rod Stewart, now every time I hear that song it instantly reminds me of that holiday.
Big shout out to the 2 filthy girls from Brighouse who invited us back to their room, I even remember the hotel (Pillari Player) that was a long time ago but still fresh in my memory, so dementia has not set in yet.

Great days, never forgotten.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Vacation???

Is this after High School ends?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Vacation???

Is this after High School ends?

We have US based members of NSC. OP is being inclusive. Don't be such a little Englander thread derailer. :rolleyes:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Saint Ives 1970. Brilliant family holiday for a 12 year old. I loved it when this came up on the radio in my dad's car:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Th3ycKQV_4k

For many summers up until 1976 we stayed in St.Erth, a tiny village at the time, very close to St.Ives.

On my Dad's 8-Track in the car on the massively long journeys (pre-M27 and key bypasses), we listened to cartridges of Diana Ross, The Beatles and George Harrison. Loved and still love his choice of music.

Moving on, on a family week to Mevagissey, Cornwall in 1979, I adored;

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
For many summers up until 1976 we stayed in St.Erth, a tiny village at the time, very close to St.Ives.

On my Dad's 8-Track in the car on the massively long journeys (pre-M27 and key bypasses), we listened to cartridges of Diana Ross, The Beatles and George Harrison. Loved and still love his choice of music.

Moving on, on a family week to Mevagissey, Cornwall in 1979, I adored;

great song

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here