Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Two shootings in north London - 17yo girl dead

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
I'd love to agree but most of these gang members are not the type to be part of Youth Clubs or respond to any form of mentoring. Simply they are out of control.
Those who blame the police are so wrong, bring back stop and search, if you have nothing to hide you won't mind being stopped. Most Old Bill have body cameras to protect themselves and those being stopped and searched.
I'm not saying go back to the dark days but the police need to be given greater powers to protect the public from this gangland mentality.
Last, parents need to be able to discipline their kids
The parents must be aware of what is going on.

Eventually the children become harder to reach, no doubt, but it simply isn't true to say that most won't respond to youth workers. The point is though to aim at the younger the ones before they can get in too deep. Try and show them a future away from the gangs. Not easy though. You can make something like £500+ an hour nicking phones off the back off a moped. Would seem an attractive option if you aren't doing well at school and surrounded by an expensive world you can't see a route to access.

Increasing the police powers doesn't deal with any of the causes. I also don't agree that if you have nothing to hide you won't mind being stopped. It's a bit annoying getting frisked before you go into the Amex, especially if you have a bag. Imagine a more intrusive version of that happening in the street if you were trying to get somewhere and you were late? Every day. Pretty sure it would annoy you, and make you resent the police, even if you didn't have anything to hide.

What do you mean by discipline? Parental support is another area that definitely would help, but the kind of early intervention services that could deliver the support are the first to get cut (if they haven't been cut already). See SureStart Centres etc.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Shame on you.

I suspect the poster was being ironic.......(edit - I see nobody seems to agree with this - so perhaps he's being a knob. Whatever. Up to the poster to respond I guess....)

Incidentally, to take the perpetual logic of [MENTION=277]looney[/MENTION] (who I have blocked) on a bit, surely the solution is for more black youth in London to be armed, because they would be safer owing to the deterrent? If it works in America, where the solution to gun crime is to arm more people, then surely it is long overdue here? :shrug:

Irony, eh?

Incidentlly, [MENTION=277]looney[/MENTION], no good replying, mocking or abusing me - I have blocked you. Your three spotty mates will thumbs you up if you write something rude in reply, though. Possibly almost in English? Good luck :thumbsup:

:wanker:

Crackpot

Jun 4, 2011
Upper North Street
Black on Black . Who really cares ?

Strange that no one has mentioned that this comment is an echo of a statement made by a Metropolitan Police Assistant Commissioner less than two weeks ago,and quoted extensively on news media.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-43491155/police-are-black-knife-deaths-being-ignored

"Knife deaths aren't causing the outrage they should because the majority of victims come from black communities, a top UK officer says.
Twenty-six people have been murdered with knives this year so far in London – the majority from black communities.
Martin Hewitt, Met Police Assistant Commissioner, is calling for more efforts to prevent this."

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Not surprising Really, gangs own the place

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
As I’ve said the government are not focused on domestic issues one bit due to the all-consuming Brexit talks. Hence there’s rises in serious crime, people being burned alive in tower blocks, MI5 claiming they don’t have enough resources to tackle terrorism, delays with emergency services being able to access bomb scenes. The price you pay for Brexit.

Oh give over. I know you enjoy linking every ill to Brexit but to link the processes around the Manchester bombing to it is frankly at best idiotic at worst disgusting. France has equal or even worse problems in that area - is that because of Brexit ? You're clearly an intelligent chap so why keep the parroting of 'it's because of Brexit, it's because of Brexit, it's because of Brexit' going for every ill this country has ? Give it a rest.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Oh give over. I know you enjoy linking every ill to Brexit but to link the processes around the Manchester bombing to it is frankly at best idiotic at worst disgusting. France has equal or even worse problems in that area - is that because of Brexit ? You're clearly an intelligent chap so why keep the parroting of 'it's because of Brexit, it's because of Brexit, it's because of Brexit' going for every ill this country has ? Give it a rest.

Let’s focus on one issue at a time. Grenfall, why has very little been done to house those affected, help those affected, and to deal with similarly clad tower blocks? Why is there such overt negligence? What’s the reason if the government are so domestically focussed?

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003

He probably blames Brighton's defeat by Leicester on Brexit.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Strange that no one has mentioned that this comment is an echo of a statement made by a Metropolitan Police Assistant Commissioner less than two weeks ago,and quoted extensively on news media.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-43491155/police-are-black-knife-deaths-being-ignored

"Knife deaths aren't causing the outrage they should because the majority of victims come from black communities, a top UK officer says.
Twenty-six people have been murdered with knives this year so far in London – the majority from black communities.
Martin Hewitt, Met Police Assistant Commissioner, is calling for more efforts to prevent this."

These are the facts. The black community needs to sort out the mess it's in.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
The parents of the 17 year old girl who was murdered for a start.

Take a holiday from NSC

You are banning someone for an opinion? I would think most people would think "thats sad but Im glad that shits well away from me and mine".

Its not like modern urban black crime is undocumented, or discussed by one of the smartest people on the planet, Thomas Sowell a black and a conservative. The latter being the reason hes beyond the pail to leftist identity politics and why black youth aspire to be gangsters not economists.

Would also explain why you have banned someone on the bequest of a load of virtue signalling leftist man-babies.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
You are banning someone for an opinion? I would think most people would think "thats sad but Im glad that shits well away from me and mine".

Its not like modern urban black crime is undocumented, or discussed by one of the smartest people on the planet, Thomas Sowell a black and a conservative. The latter being the reason hes beyond the pail to leftist identity politics and why black youth aspire to be gangsters not economists.

Would also explain why you have banned someone on the bequest of a load of virtue signalling leftist man-babies.

Black youth aspire to be gangsters because Thomas Sowell is a conservative?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Incidentlly, [MENTION=277]looney[/MENTION], no good replying, mocking or abusing me - I have blocked you. Your three spotty mates will thumbs you up if you write something rude in reply, though. Possibly almost in English? Good luck :thumbsup:

:wanker:

Once again thanks for blocking me and of course this reply is speaking to the gallery. Its only a brief moment in time before I ignore your desperate attention seeking(mentions) while you hide behind the ignore function. i just wish the other members of The bag of idiots on here would do likewise(Hint hint, you know who you are.). :thumbsup:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Black youth aspire to be gangsters because Thomas Sowell is a conservative?

Over simplification but yes. Sowell pointed out the single parent rate in Black famillies in 1960 was 22%, if you consider that the legacy of slavery then the trebling of the break up of the black family by 1990 by the growth in the welfare state means its twice as damaging than the legacy of slavery. Cant have smart black people going round upsetting the leftist narrative like that.

Heres another smart black person.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4S2TZOdXAtQ

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Nope, I banned him for being an insensitive prick.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Yes. And he's spot on to do so. Free speech is the latest banner around which bullies, thugs and fascists are gathering around. And they're getting very vocal at it too. Remind us of what happened last time this was allowed to get out of control?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

You seem to be dressing this up in pseudo-intellectualism. In your response, you've dealt with the first sentence: 'Black on Black'. Now, see if you can deal with the second sentence: 'Who really cares?'

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Yes. And he's spot on to do so. Free speech is the latest banner around which bullies, thugs and fascists are gathering around. And they're getting very vocal at it too. Remind us of what happened last time this was allowed to get out of control?

Looney got an erection?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Give over loonster, your trolling is sometimes amusing, but this isn't the thread for it.
Freedom of speech/opinion comes with responsibilities. He knew exactly what he was posting.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
The Met need to start wire tapping. Only one man to employ. giphy.gif

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
This. This is what helps. Mentoring programs as well - things like Safer London. They are mostly vulnerable kids, who, as you say, need somebody else to give a toss about them.

Absolutely. There are lots of youngsters, whose parents don't care, are neglected & ripe for recruiting into gangs, who become their 'family'. Then they're coerced into more & more crime.
There are some who are beyond help, like the delightful boy who burgled me on a Tuesday night, knowing I was at the youth club, & going through a divorce, and who ended up doing life for murdering his sister's ex boyfriend, along with his father & brother. A family almost doomed from the start. I was naive enough to think I was getting somewhere at one point.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here